DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So is DJI Store refund policy 7 days?

While that is not my understanding, that would be great. Unless something has recently changed, the last time I read the fine print, the return policy for any third party Amazon sellers is entirely in their discretion. However, if they do not state a different return policy from Amazon, then it remains the same as Amazon, but they are under no obligation to do so, just because they sell on Amazon. Can you point me to the fine print that supports your interpretation?
Check out this link for more details on Amazon's return policy. Amazon's return policy is second to none. It's a wonderful place to shop. You should give it a shot sometime ;)

Last edited:
amazon has always been excellent to me as well. reimbursed (in full) stuff that didnt show up to my door without proof. or stuff that werent in the box (without proof).
always took my returns free of charge if prime, or pay-shipping if after a couple of weeks. Heck, after 2 packages lost in a row, they gave me free months of prime (without me complaining or anything like that, just standard practice apparently)

i'm sure they have some threshold at which if you abuse that too much they probably start looking into it, but i certainly play honest with them and they're the most awesome online seller by a long, long way.

Check out this link for more details on Amazon's return policy. Amazon's return policy is second to none. It's a wonderful place to shop. You should give it a shot sometime ;)
Thank you for that.
It does, however, reaffirm what I stated earlier about third party sellers:
=========
Seller Return Policy

When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return will be sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com's, some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the Seller's return policy before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the Seller's profile page. Once you've ordered, you can select your order in the Online Returns Center, to view the seller's return policy.

Note: If the seller's listing is eligible for Amazon Prime, it will be subject to the same return policies as items fulfilled by Amazon.com that are outlined on this page.
============
============

Your statement about Amazon Prime eligibility appears to be accurate, so look for Amazon Prime eligibility for all third party sellers, to be certain you get the same return privileges as fulfilled by Amazon.com :cool:

So, if DJI is selling as a third party seller on Amazon and not eligible for Amazon Prime, you will still be stuck with DJI's 7 day return and 14 day exchange period, even though you ordered "through" Amazon, unless DJI states a different return policy on Amazon than their direct sales on their own website, or is silent as to their Amazon return policy.:eek:

Last edited:
i'm sure they have some threshold at which if you abuse that too much they probably start looking into it, but i certainly play honest with them and they're the most awesome online seller by a long, long way.
Google "amazon return abuse ban" to see that Amazon can fire you as a customer and refuse to sell to you, if they decide you have abused their policy. It can happen at any time, no matter how liberal they have been in the past. Larger returns will be more likely to trigger a ban than smaller ones. https://www.google.com/search?q=amazon+return+abuse+ban

So, if DJI is selling as a third party seller on Amazon and not eligible for Amazon Prime, you will still be stuck with DJI's 7 day return and 14 day exchange period, even though you ordered "through" Amazon
This will soon be a non issue when Mavics are in stock in Amazon warehouses. It's only a problem right now since the supply is very limited.

I want to add don't forget about your credit card warranty / insurance policies. I purchased my Mavic using the Chase Amazon card. You have accidental damage coverage for 120 days and a two year extended warranty. The exclusions state aircraft but, I have utilized this before.

This will soon be a non issue when Mavics are in stock in Amazon warehouses. It's only a problem right now since the supply is very limited.
Choose your third party seller carefully on Amazon, if looking to avoid paying state sales tax. Look for "eligible for Amazon Prime" to make sure you still have 30 days to return. Once Amazon itself is "fulfilling" Mavic Pro sales, Amazon will be charging state sales tax on all their orders, so there is no win/win with Amazon. B&H charges no sales tax outside of New York, and doesn't your CC charge until they ship, and offers a 30 day return. IMHO, they are now the best alternative to ordering direct from DJI. Best Buy was quoting Oct 31 shipping for new Mavic Pro orders placed online last night, but does charge state sales tax. We'll see if they come through! :cool:

Choose your third party seller carefully on Amazon, if looking to avoid paying state sales tax. Look for "eligible for Amazon Prime" to make sure you still have 30 days to return.
Not all Amazon Prime deals are sold by authorized DJI dealers. DJI says they will not honor their warranty if buying from sellers who are not authorized DJI dealers, so those who live in the US should tread carefully there. I keep a list of authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon here.

Once Amazon itself is "fulfilling" Mavic Pro sales, Amazon will be charging state sales tax on all their orders, so there is no win/win with Amazon.
Most Mavics on Amazon are not sold by Amazon. Amazon rarely has the best prices either. If you're looking for a win-win, then make sure you buy a Mavic that is marked as Amazon Prime and is sold by an authorized DJI dealer that does not operate in your state. That should be doable for almost anyone in the US.

B&H charges no sales tax outside of New York, and doesn't your CC charge until they ship, and offers a 30 day return.
Those who buy via Amazon Prime from authorized DJI dealers on Amazon can also take advantage of all of these great perks.

Last edited:
Not all Amazon Prime deals are sold by authorized DJI dealers. DJI says they will not honor their warranty if buying from sellers who are not authorized DJI dealers, so those who live in the US should tread carefully there. I keep a list of authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon here.

Most Mavics on Amazon are not sold by Amazon. Amazon rarely has the best prices either. If you're looking for a win-win, then make sure you buy a Mavic that is marked as Amazon Prime is sold by an authorized DJI dealer that does not operate in your state. That should be doable for almost anyone in the US.

Those who buy via Amazon Prime from authorized DJI dealers on Amazon can also take advantage of all of these great perks.
Thank you! Great clarification! :cool:

Amazon offers 12 month financing with their Amazon Store Card.

I have too many cards, don't need another one.
Yes, sir. All of these companies require you to open a card in order to take advantage of the special financing. It's a good deal though (no matter where you go) as long as you pay off the purchase in time.

I used it for 50$ off. That being said, who knows if I will keep my order with them if it keeps getting pushed back.
When did you order? I ordered from DJI on Amazon a few hours after they were available and mine was delivered today.

When did you order? I ordered from DJI on Amazon a few hours after they were available and mine was delivered today.
Then what in the heck are you doing here, answering questions, when you should be out flying your brand new Mavic Pro? ;) At least we could vicariously live through your flights! :cool:

I prefer buying from best buy. 15 day return policy, plus 18 month financing.
After you have spent $1500 in the calendar year at Best Buy (did you buy a P4 or P3P from Best Buy earlier this year?), you become Elite and have a 30 day return policy at Best Buy. After $3500, it goes to 45 days! :cool:

Then what in the heck are you doing here, answering questions, when you should be out flying your brand new Mavic Pro?
Unfortunate timing. I'm away from home until Sunday.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest