DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So sad. Mini3 to be returned to DJI?

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
DJI shipped me the FlyMore kit but UPS returned it to them because "a hazardous materials irregularity occurred". I had to cancel the first order (Placed May 13) and then had to reorder. I just got notice that it has happened again. I am confident it is because it's coming to Alaska but I have 6 batteries for my FPV and 5 for my Mav3 that were shipped by DJI so I can't tell if it's a DJI shipping problem or a change to the UPS regulations or what. A single small battery is useless to me for the flying I do. I'm checking with DJI support to learn if they have any further ideas. If not I will either ask to return the Mini 3 or perhaps have a daughter in Vancouver WA order it and send it. Bummed. I do know I cannot order it from BH Video or other places. I can't even order GoPro batteries. Batteries have become exceedingly hard to obtain in Alaska.

or perhaps have a daughter in Vancouver WA order it and send it. Bummed. I do know I cannot order it from BH Video or other places. I can't even order GoPro batteries. Batteries have become exceedingly hard to obtain in Alaska.

Getting someone to order, take delivery, and forward to you is probably the best bet.
I do this for firehouse tech strobes, which they won’t send to Australia.
It’s a worldwide issue with these batteries.

I have never posted two WOWs. Before in a Row, was living in a fantasy world had no idea about this.
I do know that my packages sent to the Ukraine were all returned to sender. ugh.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain.

I do this for firehouse tech strobes, which they won’t send to Australia.
It’s a worldwide issue with these batteries.
Haven't followed this development. But what's with the batteries?

Haven't followed this development. But what's with the batteries?

Lipos, even the little 250mAh in the ARCII are not sent by FHT directly.
Not sure how resellers send them, could be an overseas thing from some countries.

I did get a shipment of FHT strobes via a niece on the east coast of the US, forwarded on by air mail.
Another lot, my younger brother picked them up when visiting her, and broght them back cabin bag (to Brissy) where I picked them up on a regular trip.

Have you thought about contacting the USPS and asking WHY?

this is a regulatory issue (IATA - Int'l Air Transport Association and in the US DOT) involving LI chemistry batteries transported by air being classified as Dangerous Goods (DG). UPS is especially sensitive to these shipments as they have already lost an aircraft due to a LI battery bulk shipment fire a number of years ago. Some other shippers (DHL, Fedex) may have less restrictive rules re: quantities as they both do more hazardous materials related shipments.

it is also about the shipper accurately and correctly labeling the package and doing the manifest properly. shippers accepting improperly labeled or documented shipments of dangerous goods like this can face fines and other enforcement actions, it is likely UPS caught this and turned it around to avoid that possibility as well as safeguarding their aircraft and flight crew.

try breaking multiple battery shipments into single packages (additional cost I realize) or look at another method of delivery to avoid having the item move in an aircraft.

The same issues are also being raised in the ocean going cargo industry as a number of ship fires of late have been caused by bulk shipment of LI batteries so the regulatory climate their is also seeing more focus on these items.

this is only going to get more complex moving forward...sorry no easy answer for you.

It could be as simple a an incorrect label on the package or some irregularity on the packing list. DJI should be able to get the details--but would not likely do so.

When I was getting batteries for my Autel drone they would only ship from the USA to Canada ground trucking. I believe it is even stated on their web page but I have not been there in a while. You would think DJI would have a warehouse in the USA that they could ship via ground shipping.

Reactions: eva2000
this is a regulatory issue (IATA - Int'l Air Transport Association and in the US DOT) involving LI chemistry batteries transported by air being classified as Dangerous Goods (DG). UPS is especially sensitive to these shipments as they have already lost an aircraft due to a LI battery bulk shipment fire a number of years ago. Some other shippers (DHL, Fedex) may have less restrictive rules re: quantities as they both do more hazardous materials related shipments.

it is also about the shipper accurately and correctly labeling the package and doing the manifest properly. shippers accepting improperly labeled or documented shipments of dangerous goods like this can face fines and other enforcement actions, it is likely UPS caught this and turned it around to avoid that possibility as well as safeguarding their aircraft and flight crew.

try breaking multiple battery shipments into single packages (additional cost I realize) or look at another method of delivery to avoid having the item move in an aircraft.

The same issues are also being raised in the ocean going cargo industry as a number of ship fires of late have been caused by bulk shipment of LI batteries so the regulatory climate their is also seeing more focus on these items.

this is only going to get more complex moving forward...sorry no easy answer for you.
Doubt DJI would open the box and ship each battery separately. LOL. OP needs to call DJI and explain the problem and see if they have a different shipping method.

I have ordered batteries from AliExpress and they will stuff them into a stuffed toy. Last time I got a stuffed elephant with three camera batteries inside. :)
We’ll that seems extremely sketchy too me!

We’ll that seems extremely sketchy too me!
Tell me about it. They never said that was the way they were shipping batteries. At first I thought I got the wrong package then I felt the batteries inside. Guess it helps throw off the border guards.

• Wow
Tell me about it. They never said that was the way they were shipping batteries. At first I thought I got the wrong package then I felt the batteries inside. Guess it helps throw off the border guards.
I think some of the regulations allow lipo batteries to be shipped if they're in the device they're intended to power. Putting them inside a stuffed animal may be a naive attempt to skirt the regulation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661