DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So you think you have a birds problem?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
That one almost got your drone. Try to get a screen cap of that. Was a nice shot other than the birds

These Swifts are suicidal. I have plenty of footage with them seemingly trying to Khamakazi my MA. Will put something together tomorrow.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I agree with Doppler: the noise of the drone attracts them. Here, it looks like swifts or swallows ... I do not think they tried to attack your Mavic. These birds do not seek to protect a territory unlike eagles or seagulls that are very aggressive when approaching this territory.

Honestly I see nothing unusual. The only unusual element of the video would be the lack of evasive action. I have flown in many locations where swarms of swifts or swallows where present. They are following the drone so long as they think it's a bird or pray and largely loose interest when it starts to fly unlike other birds. Increase the altitude and change direction rapidly and they leave you be. Many safe flights bud.

Honestly I see nothing unusual. The only unusual element of the video would be the lack of evasive action. I have flown in many locations where swarms of swifts or swallows where present. They are following the drone so long as they think it's a bird or pray and largely loose interest when it starts to fly unlike other birds. Increase the altitude and change direction rapidly and they leave you be. Many safe flights bud.
I climbed up, they followed. So in the end I just came straight back. I did not try fast maneuvering. Their movements were so unpredictable I feared that would only result in a collision. I am happy I made it out with no harm to either bird.

I climbed up, they followed. So in the end I just came straight back. I did not try fast maneuvering. Their movements were so unpredictable I feared that would only result in a collision. I am happy I made it out with no harm to either bird.
I have recently made a video with footage of birds in flight. I have scoured my hdd's for any good drone footage of birds and found and absolute shed load of it. In the end I have decided to limit the scope to just seagulls but have a look at bot versions
and
This is the tip of the iceberg but I've never had a collision. Statistically it must not be as dangerous as it looks.

I have recently made a video with footage of birds in flight. I have scoured my hdd's for any good drone footage of birds and found and absolute shed load of it. In the end I have decided to limit the scope to just seagulls but have a look at bot versions
and
This is the tip of the iceberg but I've never had a collision. Statistically it must not be as dangerous as it looks.
Nice videos, enjoyed them both.

Reactions: Derlisz
and

Love the footage, thanks for sharing.

Really like to seagull coming from behind the drone and flying in front of you and the footage near the cliffs for you see the birds shadow.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan