DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soft for hack drones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I believe it was, I watch an interview discussing this. If I remember correctly it was a government contractor that had developed something like this. Prior to that Aeroscope was used for detection of DJI drones which was local and could not control the drone. The system they were discussing had more than one component involved capable of detecting and interfering with not just DJI, but other brands, and could reach 20+ miles, I believe they mentioned even farther. However, this was proprietary and according to the broadcast had a very restricted list of authorized users/clients. I am sorry, but I do not remember their name, and even if I did, I am sure you would not be allowed to purchase their system. I would think they would offer their services to the Ukrainian government, but it may be one of those techs restricted from leaving the U.S.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I would imagine if such a device or software/hack exist, it would have already been handed over to the Ukrainian Military .

Or you could do like the one guy did. Just throw a football at the drone and knock it out of the sky.

It's not that difficult. Well...that idea isn't that practical either.

Reactions: juzo
I am very hopeful for the success of the Ukrainian people to defeat Putin’s war effort. They deserve to live in peace, and doubtlessly their victory will lead to the demise of this Russian dictator and to the Russian nation joining the fold of democracy.

However, much as we want to help, do we really know anything about the legitimacy of this request? With all due respect to “Juzo,” what are your bona fides?

The fact that so far no one has been able to offer a viable suggestion has been the only thing that has avoided helping someone do something very harmful to the drone industry or, maybe, the Ukrainian war effort. We don’t know if this is some prankster or even a Russian operative trying to pick the brains of this quorum.

Without verification “Juzo” should be advised to contact his own government or our own military/intelligence community for help. Either one has the technology to better check the authenticity of this request and know how, if it exists, to meet his needs.

Both are equally enthusiastic about Ukraine’s success.
Perhaps I didn't fully understand you... but your words are pleasant, and overall, if there is a community that could AT LEAST point me in the direction in which I should study and pursue this idea (I'm not even talking about participation and assistance), then I am willing to undergo any checks for this and provide data. BUT, on the condition that the provided information will not be used against me and/or cause harm to me! I hope for your response!

Or you could do like the one guy did. Just throw a football at the drone and knock it out of the sky.

It's not that difficult. Well...that idea isn't that practical either.
Hm... A special forces unit armed with T-shirts launchers??! That sounds intimidating.

Last year I believe it was, I watch an interview discussing this. If I remember correctly it was a government contractor that had developed something like this. Prior to that Aeroscope was used for detection of DJI drones which was local and could not control the drone. The system they were discussing had more than one component involved capable of detecting and interfering with not just DJI, but other brands, and could reach 20+ miles, I believe they mentioned even farther. However, this was proprietary and according to the broadcast had a very restricted list of authorized users/clients. I am sorry, but I do not remember their name, and even if I did, I am sure you would not be allowed to purchase their system. I would think they would offer their services to the Ukrainian government, but it may be one of those techs restricted from leaving the U.S.

Hmm... that's interesting. If you can recall, please kindly provide the name or website, a link, or any literature where you learned about it. I will try to reach out to them. It's not difficult for me to send even 100 messages, and if just one of them leads to success, it's worth it. Even any literature of similar nature would be a step towards my goal. Thank you!

if there is a community that could AT LEAST point me in the direction in which I should study and pursue this idea (I'm not even talking about participation and assistance)
I don't think such a public community exists. And if it does, you probably wouldn't want to join since they haven't been able to accomplish such a thing over the many years DJI has been building drones. Furthermore, you're likely not going to be of much help to them since it seems you don't have the skills needed to contribute.

Reactions: juzo
Interesting what is going on with Wagner in Russia today. I follow the Edward Slavsquat substack for his take on Russia.

There is a document online somewhere titled, "Drone Security and the Mysterious Case of DJI’s DroneID" that may be of interest to you.

There are methods, yes:

Simplifying, you have a sdr radio system for receiving the drone frequency and sending control commands over the air. There are some commands to remote shutdown some drones, and also there is the option of jamming the drone systems with a high gain direccional antenna.
All these systems are asily available to buy online.
Search for jamming equipment fro drone control:

Or:

Simplifying, you have a sdr radio system for receiving the drone frequency and sending control commands over the air. There are some commands to remote shutdown some drones, and also there is the option of jamming the drone systems with a high gain direccional antenna.
All these systems are asily available to buy online.
Search for jamming equipment fro drone control:

Or:

I'd rather see the "hack" make the drone RTH then detonate. They'd think twice before launching any more.

• Love
Reactions: umanbean
juzo, I wish you and your countrymen and women much luck and success in this and all endeavors to rid your country of this scourge and the devastation they have rained down on your country, people, and infrastructure.

I saw a glimmer of hope on the evening news yesterday - the commander of the Wagner group is calling for armed resistance to the Russian military. Sadly, now he probably won't live to see his next birthday... if so maybe he'll become a martyr and an inspiration for revolt.

Interesting what is going on with Wagner in Russia today. I follow the Edward Slavsquat substack for his take on Russia.

There is a document online somewhere titled, "Drone Security and the Mysterious Case of DJI’s DroneID" that may be of interest to you.
Oh, nice I will check it
Yeah, me too read about Wagner, very interesting situation, but hope that everything will be alright and who did bad things only get vendett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk