DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some Incredible Video From This Little Yi 4K Camera

MrMavic

Reactions
I can see why they call this camera the GpPro Killer.
Also some Mavic footage in this video. I was so impressed with this camera that I ordered one today. It has the Newest Sony Sensor.
Sony IMX377 image sensor
Ambarella A9SE75 chip
and 7 layers of all glass lenses. It records 4K/30fps at 60mbps, 4x the quality of 1080p.
I wish our Mavics had this sensor, but I still love my Mavic.
This camera is only $169.00 on Amazon with free 2 day shipping.
PS: They have the Yi2 4K now and it does 4K at 60 FPS
Check out this footage and some Mavic stuff in here too.

Check out the Yi Gimbal & Selfie Stick also, now only $100.00 "Got one of these also"

EVO GP-PRO 3 Axis GoPro Gimbal http://amzn.to/2nJc8Wy

YI Selfie Stick & Bluetooth Remote for the Action Camera http://amzn.to/2n3tvEp

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGLUG24
I have a 6 month old Yi dome camera that just yesterday capped out totally. Just sayin'...

I had a Mavic Pro that was crapped out when it was delivered. Any product can be bad right off the git go. I'm going to give it a try any way. thanks.

Reactions: amstar
Also some Mavic footage in this video. I was so impressed with this camera that I ordered one today. It has the Newest Sony Sensor.
This video is a good comparison of the Yi and the HERO 5. I haven't watched it in a while, but I recall it convinced me not to buy the Yi. Good on paper, but not when you do a side by side;

Both cameras likely have newer versions out now. I know the HERO 6 is out, and I'm sure the Yi has another version to keep up... (For the record, this youTube guy is not a GoPro fanboy. He gives them a hard time and didn't endorse the Karma at all. Big Mavic fan. Also didn't recommend buying a HERO6 if you already have the HERO5. He does a good comparison on those).

Worth noting, is that since the HERO6 is out now, you can get the HERO5 for $299 with remote. Can probably find it cheaper unbundled.

Sony IMX377 image sensor
Ambarella A9SE75 chip
and 7 layers of all glass lenses. It records 4K/30fps at 60mbps, 4x the quality of 1080p.

Check out the Yi Gimbal & Selfie Stick also, now only $100.00 "Got one of these also"

I just got the YI4k Plus with the selfie stick and a yellow YI Camera also picked up the YI 3x Gimbal i have hear all good reviews on the
YI 4K and the Plus. great little camera easy to use and set up. Good Luck with yours

I just got the YI4k Plus with the selfie stick and a yellow YI Camera also picked up the YI 3x Gimbal i have hear all good reviews on the
YI 4K and the Plus. great little camera easy to use and set up. Good Luck with yours
I wish the Yi+ wasn't so much more money. I would have got that one.

MR MAVIC wrote:
"Check out the Yi Gimbal & Selfie Stick also, now only $100.00 "Got one of these also"

I have looked everywhere but can find a 3 axis gimbal for anywhere close to $100.

Sony IMX377 image sensor
Ambarella A9SE75 chip

Is this a link to your affiliate account?

Is this a link to your affiliate account?
Which link? I don't have an affiliate account. If you're referring to the gimbal photo above, that's just a snapshot.

Last edited:
I see the gimbal coming up for $99 via Amazon prime. That is a pretty amazing price for a gimbal, but read the reviews. There are a lot more negative comments than I'd expect, so, it seems to depend what you want to use it for. While cheaper, it is also not nearly as streamlined as the DJI or GoPro gimbal grips.

Still, at that price it may be worth giving it a try.

That said, I did not realize how many lower priced gimbals there were until I looked this one up. There seem to be several under $200 on Amazon. I'd compare the reviews/features of some of those before jumping on one.

Great little cam - I reviewed it a while ago:

That is a great review. I have had a chance to shoot a little with mine, and I like the camera very well. The only negatives with it for me are
1. The lack of built in water proofing (Already knew this)
2. The lack of external mic input (Already knew this)
3. I cannot get the shutter button to pair with camera. This is very inconvenient.

The video quality is excellent.

Has anybody bought this thing? I'm tempted, but again... multiple reviews state after a month it doesn't work.

I'm looking for an affordable gimbal I can helmet mount.

That is a great review. I have had a chance to shoot a little with mine, and I like the camera very well. The only negatives with it for me are
1. The lack of built in water proofing (Already knew this)
2. The lack of external mic input (Already knew this)
3. I cannot get the shutter button to pair with camera. This is very inconvenient.

The video quality is excellent.

I got the Yi 4K+ at christmas and the 3 axels gimbal works great pick up a external mic.
I like the voice control and 4K@60 is nice to
Have. The 1080@120 good for slow motion
And time lapse i can go on and on the only thing GoPro has on it is the water proof case

I got the Yi 4K+ at christmas and the 3 axels gimbal works great pick up a external mic...
How have you used the Gimbal and how often? I was thinking of using it on a helmet and possible a snowmobile.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR