DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sound checking your Mini 2 in a Hover test ?

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
You can download the app called Decibel Meter on your iphone , its a free app. Dont get the one called Decibel .

I noticed a 3 DB average sound drop on this last update and a solid Performance with just 8 sats .

This is a easy thing to do when testing your drone for a solid hover position indoors to make sure all systems are a go...

I would like to gather some more data from other users to get a better Average sound Db for the Mini 2

The reading in the Room was 45 Db to start with before starting the drone up and I was about 3 ft away from the drone .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain.

Thanks for sharing

You can download the app called Decibel Meter on your iphone , its a free app. Dont get the one called Decibel .

Thanks for the heads up, I used to have a std decibel meter on one of the old iphones, but now they no longer have this.

I intend very some to a series of props I have for my old M1P, and this will really make the test a little more scientific / definitive, than just recording the drone and 'results to the ear' in a video.

I'll use the 3' range for sound recording as it seems to be the one most are using.

Here in Australia, there are a few decibel meter apps in the apple store, I chose a free one with a full star rating called Dedibel Meter - dB, a yellow icon (Denvex is the developer).

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thanks for the heads up, I used to have a std decibel meter on one of the old iphones, but now they no longer have this.

I intend very some to a series of props I have for my old M1P, and this will really make the test a little more scientific / definitive, than just recording the drone and 'results to the ear' in a video.

I'll use the 3' range for sound recording as it seems to be the one most are using.

Here in Australia, there are a few decibel meter apps in the apple store, I chose a free one with a full star rating called Dedibel Meter - dB, a yellow icon (Denvex is the developer).
Fantastic, keep me posted of your number on the Mavic Pro , thank you , just the average number is fine.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I've always wanted to know how loud other people's mini 2s are. I really feel like my mini 2 got louder after my first crash. Before the crash, i wouldn't hear anything when it was flying by at 300 ft above me. After the crash even at 400 ft it sounds like there are bees flying by. Anyway below are my data, in an attempt to make conditions consistent, readings were taken indoors, 1 min duration, decibel meter left in the same location around 3' away from the mini 2.
Ambient average - 32
Hovering average - 69
Would you mind sharing the compiled data once its ready?
Edited to add that I am running fly version 1.4.3

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback. Wanted to share with you the data we gathered.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on the Water.

Fantastic, keep me posted of your number on the Mavic Pro , thank you , just the average number is fine.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain.

Have just completed my test video for M1P props comparo, posted in the Mavic Pro section of the forum.

Very interesting, but next time I will definitely get someone to give me a hand doing the recording and note taking !!
What a juggling act it was.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78