DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spain regulation

Can someone advise what do I need to fly my Air 2s in Spain, I will fly for recreation
You have to register as a drone operator. Also you have to attached ID plates to your drone and remote:
I've attached a couple of links to give you an idea:

Drone ID Plates? Like car license plates? 😳

Anyway, I travel to Spain super regularly and would love to fly my drone there some day so I guess I'll have to figure out that process.

Basically, in order to fly a drone in Spain you need to register both as a pilot and as an operator and be certified as a pilot on the appropriate category, both free of charge in the basic categories. However, once you have passed your exam, its validity should be EU wide. For instance, I have flown my Mini 2 in the Netherlands without any local exams or additional paperwork, just being aware of the country rules.

For pilot basic categories, A1 and A3 Open Sub Category, you will just need to pass an online exam. Higher categories, allowing heavier drones and other areas of use will need different exams, including in person and with a medical certificate.

And, yes, the drone and the remote controller must have pilot and drone identification data in form of plates - but they even fit my Mini 2, so forget about car-size plates :)

You can fly further information, in English, in the website of AESA (Spanish government body kind of similar to FAA in USA):

Basically, in order to fly a drone in Spain you need to register both as a pilot and as an operator and be certified as a pilot on the appropriate category, both free of charge in the basic categories. However, once you have passed your exam, its validity should be EU wide. For instance, I have flown my Mini 2 in the Netherlands without any local exams or additional paperwork, just being aware of the country rules.

For pilot basic categories, A1 and A3 Open Sub Category, you will just need to pass an online exam. Higher categories, allowing heavier drones and other areas of use will need different exams, including in person and with a medical certificate.

And, yes, the drone and the remote controller must have pilot and drone identification data in form of plates - but they even fit my Mini 2, so forget about car-size plates :)

You can fly further information, in English, in the website of AESA (Spanish government body kind of similar to FAA in USA):

Thanks for the info!

I tried creating an account in Spain as an individual using my NIE a week ago but never heard back from them. Nothing at all. No idea why.

As I am a Polish Citizen (though not born there or ever lived there) I figured maybe i'll apply there instead as I have a Polish passport. But I am stuck at validating my account as I never receive the SMS code to my US number. Sigh. I'll get there eventually.

I found this page is good and has all the links: Drones - National Aviation Authorities | EASA

I just tried registering on Spain's site again, and got the same message as last time:

Solicitud enviada​

Su solicitud ha sido guardada correctamente.

En breve recibirá un correo de confirmación.

But never receive an email :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown