DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

spark for $99 on ebay

That seller is also selling new Mavics and Phantom 4s for $99. Seems like a shady deal.

That seller is also selling new Mavics and Phantom 4s for $99. Seems like a shady deal.
that's what i'm thinking too. but ebay tends to have a very good refund policy for buyers. so i figure i can fall abck to that and get a refund. or the seller cancels.

If it sounds too good to be true,
it's too good to be true.

I hope nobody locks or moves this thread, because I'd really like to know what he receives in the mail, if anything. It says free shipping but then also says shipping may take 25 days and that "Import duties and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges," so maybe that's a loop hole that'll hit you with something.

Please post back in 4 weeks and let us know how it turned out, @ricklaw

I guess it could be a fun experiment. Let us know how it works out for you.

Reactions: Bunny Too
I like the statement near the bottom of the page "We reserve the final right of selling".

I reserve the final right of not doing business with you.

So there.

Jake

I noticed that some of the photos used by that seller are from other seller's listings. Seems a little sketchy to me. I've seen "deals" like this from time to time. Platinum fly more combo for 99 bucks. I don't think so. A more realistic price would have been a better scam.

that's what i'm thinking too. but ebay tends to have a very good refund policy for buyers. so i figure i can fall abck to that and get a refund. or the seller cancels.
i fell for a buy like this and after a month of waiting on the day before final arrival date,seller refunded my money
with enough of the sales,a person could get a good chunk of change just on interest.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
i'm 95% certain this will not arrive and it'll end with me getting a refund. but a 5% chance at getting a spark for $99...ha!

just saw this when i go back to the page...

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

now i await the email from the seller...

Listing ended.
I'm surprised anyone would think it's legit.

Listing ended.
I'm surprised anyone would think it's legit.
the old saying rings true
''theres a sucker born every minute'':rolleyes:

i'm 95% certain this will not arrive and it'll end with me getting a refund. but a 5% chance at getting a spark for $99...ha!
It's not worth your time. Figure the time you'll spend tracking this and possibly fighting for the refund while the seller does whatever with your hundy. They also figure a large percentage of the buyers will forget about it in a month and not even request a refund. They set the price just right to pull in cash but not have people go overboard hunting them down or possibly even remembering. You'd be better off buying one today for $349 off B&H.

That said, I'll enjoy following along. So, thank you. :D

It's not worth your time. Figure the time you'll spend tracking this and possibly fighting for the refund while the seller does whatever with your hundy. They also figure a large percentage of the buyers will forget about it in a month and not even request a refund. They set the price just right to pull in cash but not have people go overboard hunting them down or possibly even remembering. You'd be better off buying one today for $349 off B&H.

That said, I'll enjoy following along. So, thank you. :D
i'll only be putting in enough effort to get my $100 back. i don't plan on spending weeks on this. it's a $100 gamble. at this point, i'm 99.9% certain i'll be getting a refund today. :D

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
well, that was quick. buyer messaged me and said his account has hacked and asked that i request a refund since it was still within 1 hour of ordering.

i at least was able to snap a screenshot of my order for $99. so i guess that lets me buy one somewhere else and just show this to the wife. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21