DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark from China, too good to be true

I get that completely..but if it is covered by the EBAY guarantee what can I lose? Other than frustration, waiting time, and then delayed claim payment?

"Great quality and communication
Kotori Minami Sexy Soft Breast Silicone 3D Mouse Pad Wrist Rest [Love Live] (#252703685460)"

Pretty broad line of business selling boob mouse pads and being an authorized DJI reseller. They also claim to be selling MPs for the same price. When you see "fell of the truck" prices, let common sense be your guide.

Reactions: SaMavic
Thanks to all who have dived in with answers. I still have trouble believing this is genuine, but I feel better about my recourse if it does not work;

1. I talked to EBAY in person. I have a right to file a claim for refund one day after the end of the shipping date promised by the seller, in this case, day 16. So If it does not arrive, I can get a refund.
2. If the Item is not as described, I have 30 days to file a claim. And the description is very tight. Exactly what is included,brand new, DJI warranty, DJI brand. no way I can see to weasel out
3. Paypal offers additional guarantees.

Feels like a lot to gain, not much to lose

In the worst of all worlds, it is a scam, both EBAY and Pay Pal refuse to honor their guarantees...I am out $129. Annoying, not a tragedy.

I might be beating this to death, but wonder what I am missing?

If I am not missing anything, maybe something of value to others

Here is an offer on eBay for a new Mavic Pro and controller shipped from Hong Kong. $129.99.

New DJI Mavic Pro Folding Drone 4K Stabilized Camera Active Track GPS GLONASS | eBay

Sounds way too good to be true. 4 sold in the last hour, 5 left to sell. 22 sold thus far today.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, . . .

However, this guy's feedback is almost all positive. Hmmm.

And it's the same guy who is selling the Spark Combo.

If this was shipping from New York or Chicago, my first thought would be that Uncle Guido was selling things from the back of a hijacked truck.

Last edited:
In the worst of all worlds, it is a scam, both EBAY and Pay Pal refuse to honor their guarantees...I am out $129. Annoying, not a tragedy.

I might be beating this to death, but wonder what I am missing?

$129 to you might not be a big deal. To most people, it's alot.

I see that you just joined Mavicpilots a week ago. Maybe you could spend a little more time here, tell us about yourself, your drone experience, and why losing $129 to you is not a big deal.

This offer is slightly different than the one for the Spark. Sometimes this refers to DJI , other times it says it is 'unbranded" , the prominent DJI Logo and warranty are missing. I still think it would be enough to get an EBAY refund, because it does describe the item as DJI Mavic Pro in headline

I still think it would be enough to get an EBAY refund, because it does describe the item as DJI Mavic Pro in headline

Why in the world would anyone want to buy something, knowing that they are getting scammed? eBay buyer protection is not a cure-all for these scams. It's a way to make you whole again. Have you ever been through the eBay buyers protection claim process? It could take up to 90 days for a buyer to get their money back, if it ever does come back.

Anyone who is tempted to buy this should just go out and buy a $99 Tello from DJI or an Authorized Reseller. At least you will end up with a good product.

The more someone hammers selling something like this, the more red flags go up. Sounds kinda like a used car salesman.

Last edited:
The last time I bought something on eBay that sounded too good to be true, it was. I bought a 3 pack of Microsoft Office for $79. At first glance the package looked like genuine Microsoft, but the spelling and punctuation all over the box was so bad they couldn't even spell Office correctly. The disks had stickers applied instead of the embedded hologram found on real Microsoft products. As soon as buyers started complaining, eBay shut it down and refunded everyone's money.

The scammer sold over 100 of those the first day--and he was based in the US.

Reactions: Former Member
The last time I bought something on eBay that sounded too good to be true, it was. I bought a 3 pack of Microsoft Office for $79. At first glance the package looked like genuine Microsoft, but the spelling and punctuation all over the box was so bad they couldn't even spell Office correctly. The disks had stickers applied instead of the embedded hologram found on real Microsoft products. As soon as buyers started complaining, eBay shut it down and refunded everyone's money.

The scammer sold over 100 of those the first day--and he was based in the US.

Lucky you got a refund.

The worst case would be if he withdrew all the money from his eBay account as the payments were made. PayPal won't help you when that happens, so you have to rely on eBay's guarantee. eBay and PayPal are now separate companies.

In my case, the refund did come from the seller's PayPal account. I suspect the account was flagged and frozen as soon as eBay was aware of the potential fraud issue.

The fact that sending this guy $129 isn't going to result in you getting a Spark Fly More Combo.
Maybe, maybe not. They could be from a stolen shipment, or factory seconds, or clones. if they are genuine, then even if they didn't work it would be worth it for the parts.

It's curious that the Mavic auction now says 10 sold in the last hour, but there are still 5 available. It said 5 available when there were only 4 sold in the last hour. If my fingers and toes still add up correctly, the inventory should be gone.

Last edited:
With all due respects, jwats, you asked what people think of this "bargain".
The overwhelming consensus is that it's a scam.

However, you still think that your time and money is worth losing because you are still contemplating it.

So the answer (and which you seem to want to hear) is....go for it.

If you feel the $129 is worth risking and you feel you'll get the protection from Ebay/PayPal, there's not a lot else anyone can say to deter you.

On the plus side, you can report back and let others know if they really can get this fantastic deal or if they may as well set fire to their cash instead.

With all due respects, jwats, you asked what people think of this "bargain".
The overwhelming consensus is that it's a scam.

However, you still think that your time and money is worth losing because you are still contemplating it.

So the answer (and which you seem to want to hear) is....go for it.

If you feel the $129 is worth risking and you feel you'll get the protection from Ebay/PayPal, there's not a lot else anyone can say to deter you.

On the plus side, you can report back and let others know if they really can get this fantastic deal or if they may as well set fire to their cash instead.

Good point. I just hope others dont follow in his (her) footsteps.

Reactions: ksmusa and macoman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000