DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Insurance

I insure everything with Statefarm. Drone is on a personal articles policy ($60 a year). Never made a claim for the drone (Mavic Pro) as I have been fortunate to not crash or loose the craft. Statefarm has treated me extremely well over the years and after I had a big cargo trailer stolen they covered everything that was inside when it was stolen under my home insurance. It was a big claim and it took lots of time and tracking to get them to pay a fair value for all of the possessions within the cargo trailer, but they did so and for that I am grateful.

I get my check deposit it and 30 days later get a notice my covered is canceled LOL.

What does it mean that your covered is canceled? They didn't give you the money? I use state farm, and I'm curious what happens after you file. Does the $60 you pay (for example, may be more or less for each person) go up? Do you have to go through the process of getting the drone insurance all over again?

State farm does not write drones in Washington per calls to local agents. If the individual received payment and then proceeded to have his drone fixed and flying like nothing is wrong, the right thing to do would be to return the claim payment to SF. One may not like insurance companies but they are there when we need them as shown in the initial thread. :)

I had state farm here in Utah. In April I accidentally hit a big cliff with my Mavic 2 pro. We looked twice for the drone in a deep ravine with no luck. State Farm covered the drone and my flynmore package - I got a check for 1900 (was cheaper in April) . I never did find the drone but purchased a new one. State Farm would not cover me again. I did not have any other policies with them. I ended up getting DJI care for my second one. As others have said sometimes seems to be a one and done deal but worth it.

There’s a lot I would like to say about certain insurance companies, but won’t.

HERE’S THE TAKE AWAY: Always remember insurance companies love your money, but hate you. They are not your friends. And when you make a claim(s) they will find ways to drop you faster than a red hot brick. They are in business to take your money and hold their expenses DOWN (deny or restrict claims). Once you’re dropped, it’s part of your insurance record.

I for one has always gotten the DJI care refresh and hold that as my stable. But on top of that I do get State farm to cover me. I have been flying for about four or five years now and it has worked out pretty well!.
I am now at the end of my ability to be covered under DJI so State farm fortunately still gives me some peace of mind. And however I only have one more claim before I know they will shut me down!
And I am not blaming them because that's their business.

Some have gotten the insurance from State Farm which encouraged me to get it as well, $60 sounds like a great deal. But has anyone filed a claim yet? What is the amount they cover?
I believe they pay for just the drone, not accessories. For example my drone was previously owned, I gave them the receipt showing the price paid, let's say $800. Now if the drone were stolen, crashed into the sea, run over or whatever, what do they actually pay? I know $60 isn't a big number compared to the price of the the drone itself, but is it worth the money? The time & hassle?
Yes just completed a claim for repairs; water damage to ESC unit, $220. Ins. Covered everything for the two that I own up to limits of policy @ $1975. There is no deductible, covers parts & accessories up to limits of policy on items listed at time of application. Claim processing was seemless. I would highly recommend this coverage; I Wil increase coverage amounts IAW equipment purchase.

I paid $56, I think I had the insurance for maybe three months. Maybe thats why they cancelled. I don't get it, I would have been happy with the repair. I still don't understand their thinking. Anyway I have a drone that works well and money in the bank

Don't ever try to "think" how insurance companies work. My wife is a retired insurance person - you should hear the stories she can tell about how insurance companies will cover something for a while then suddenly not cover it anymore. Get insurance for your drone! When my MP's GPS unit went bad, insurance fully paid for the repair cost ($217). Then when I elevated into a tree branch (who put that dang branch there?) the insurance company paid most of the gimbal repair costs. GET SOME INSURANCE!

Reactions: Mepr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe