DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm or any other insurance question....

FASTFJR

Reactions
I just got coverage for my Mavic Pro (Personal Article Coverage) I've gone thru the contract and can't find the info I'm looking for, which basically is what happens if I have a fly away or crash in the water? I would think the insurance company would want some kind of proof you crashed, but what if its sitting 50ft on the bottom of a river? I've been flying for about 10 years, this is DJI drone number 6 and I've never had insurance, never crashed either. For $61 on my $2200 package I couldn't pass it up.

what happens if I have a fly away or crash in the water?
You call your agent and file a claim. They likely will not make you prove it's sitting on the bottom of a river.

You call your agent and file a claim. They likely will not make you prove it's sitting on the bottom of a river.
And then they will likely cancel your policy after cutting you a check.

Even though they might not make you prove its at the bottom of the ocean, they might ask for GPS data and they will DEFINITELY want your controller and anything else that you might be thinking of trying to sell on ebay... So.. Filing a claim is a last resort.
I'm covered, myself, by State Farm.

Reactions: FASTFJR
And then they will likely cancel your policy after cutting you a check.

Even though they might not make you prove its at the bottom of the ocean, they might ask for GPS data and they will DEFINITELY want your controller and anything else that you might be thinking of trying to sell on ebay... So.. Filing a claim is a last resort.
I'm covered, myself, by State Farm.

Well, knock on wood......so far so good

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21