DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

still impressed

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
been flying this guy inside and outfor about a week now withno issues whatsoever.
On one flight i flew it outside and then down and into our hanger, around the hanger and all the equipment, then back out he hanger doors and around the outside of the builing. Flight never deviated at any time from being a solid connection and very stable flight.
This is something i would not contemplate with any of the bigger mavics

I've flown my Mini only once for about 50 minutes on a windy day in the middle of the desert. I've been very impressed with the stability of this tiny thing. I am yet to analyze the image and video quality though.

Reactions: Mavic_Mini_Pilot
I've flown my Mini only once for about 50 minutes on a windy day in the middle of the desert. I've been very impressed with the stability of this tiny thing. I am yet to analyze the image and video quality though.

How did you get 50 minutes of flight time? Was it one flight? I love my Mini, but 50 minutes sounds like its impossible without some special battery modification! The video quality is superbly awesome really, especially the 2.7K 30fps video, WOW! The 1080p is also good, especially the 50fps & 60fps - but the 1080p should be used for Sports and moving objects and scenery! What impresses me so very much is the fact that the little drone can fly so far away combined with the quality of the video! This combination can give some absolutely amazingly beautiful video shots! This is why for us Europe Mavic Mini Pilots (CE models) the FCC Hack is so tempting, especially in the city where the 2.4ghz band channels are all red and full of interference all the time. The FCC Hack doubles the normal, stock CE models' range in the 5.8ghz band channels, so about 1km of solid, excellent video in the city!

I wish all Minis could go the same 4km distance that DJI advertises! You know even on my box, of my CE Mini it says 4km maximum range! How is this correct to the customer?

Anyway, I'll most definitely be doing some awesome flying after work today! My Mini is already all charged up and ready to zip around and make some beautiful videos, take some stunning pictures...

PS: be very careful in the desert! It sounds like a lot of tiny little sand particles that have the potential to get inside the finest seams the Mini has! It could do some some very bad damage to your BL motors, all 4 are at risk even with the motor caps! If sand gets inside the body of the Mini that could be really bad, especially also the camera gimbal! Taking your Mini to the beach could really really damage it! The only way I'd ever make a video of the beach is if I take off from my hand(hand launch) and land back in my hand (hand landing).

I haven't had any problems with my Mini so far, I hope it stays this way forever - or at least for a very long time...

cool cool

:)

Reactions: Exotic Blacklist
How did you get 50 minutes of flight time? Was it one flight? I love my Mini, but 50 minutes sounds like its impossible without some special battery modification! The video quality is superbly awesome really, especially the 2.7K 30fps video, WOW! The 1080p is also good, especially the 50fps & 60fps - but the 1080p should be used for Sports and moving objects and scenery! What impresses me so very much is the fact that the little drone can fly so far away combined with the quality of the video! This combination can give some absolutely amazingly beautiful video shots! This is why for us Europe Mavic Mini Pilots (CE models) the FCC Hack is so tempting, especially in the city where the 2.4ghz band channels are all red and full of interference all the time. The FCC Hack doubles the normal, stock CE models' range in the 5.8ghz band channels, so about 1km of solid, excellent video in the city!

I wish all Minis could go the same 4km distance that DJI advertises! You know even on my box, of my CE Mini it says 4km maximum range! How is this correct to the customer?

Anyway, I'll most definitely be doing some awesome flying after work today! My Mini is already all charged up and ready to zip around and make some beautiful videos, take some stunning pictures...

PS: be very careful in the desert! It sounds like a lot of tiny little sand particles that have the potential to get inside the finest seams the Mini has! It could do some some very bad damage to your BL motors, all 4 are at risk even with the motor caps! If sand gets inside the body of the Mini that could be really bad, especially also the camera gimbal! Taking your Mini to the beach could really really damage it! The only way I'd ever make a video of the beach is if I take off from my hand(hand launch) and land back in my hand (hand landing).

I haven't had any problems with my Mini so far, I hope it stays this way forever - or at least for a very long time...

cool cool

thank you very much for the tip using it in the desert and the beach. I intend to get a landing pad for the use.

when i did 50 minutes of flying, i had to go to my third battery. Apologies if i gave the impression of doing that on a single charge. That would be a record wouldnt it ? ?

Reactions: Mavic_Mini_Pilot
thank you very much for the tip using it in the desert and the beach. I intend to get a landing pad for the use.

when i did 50 minutes of flying, i had to go to my third battery. Apologies if i gave the impression of doing that on a single charge. That would be a record wouldnt it ? ?

You should have a look at the Battery Mod thread in this forum, some modified Minis are flying for over an hour! One flight, longer than an hour I think was the current record. Otherwise, yes when you go to the desert or the beach you should most definitely go in the app settings and change manually over to a GREEN(if you find) 2.4ghz band channel. I've tried to fly using the RED 2.4ghz band channels but I'm still experimenting how this impacts the transmission. Also don't forget to switch off your phone's Wi-Fi, this way you should have at least one GREEN 2.4ghz band channel hopefully.

I think that from today on I will always try to fly in 2.4ghz band channel, no matter if all channels are RED I'll just have to experiment, as for me transmission quality is extremely important. A few days ago I was flying just out from my 4th floor balcony, in my home city Sofia, and the Mini was all stock(no FCC Hack used) and at about 100m distance away from me, at 60m height the video feed started becoming very very choppy with a lot of lag in it. I got so scared and immediately flew closer to me so that I regain the missing quality of reception. After that found out about the FCC Hack, as I was reading up on the CE Mini's transmission. Some Italian guys I think firstly FCC Hacked their models and posted videos online of how to do it and the results. So I tried it, I FCC Hacked my CE model Mini and did the same flight but even further away with rock solid, smooth and perfect video reception at all times. I flew the Mini right out of sight, 125m away from me and 100m high, it could not be seen nor heard at all! The video was still absolutely perfect.

So the last few days I've resorted to flying my CE model Mini using this FCC Hack and I've really been enjoying absolutely perfect transmission, video and craft controls! After that though I started getting upset that I have to Hack it in order to enjoy it, and this is why I'm now experimenting flying in the RED 2.4ghz band, full if interference channels and seeing what happens. So far so good, no problems at all flying like that, but I haven't yet tested further than indoors range, so 4m. Today, well tonight after work I'm planning on flying outside and seeing what difference it makes then.

If I run into issues using the RED 2.4ghz band channels - then I'll surely have to resort to the FCC Hack and have the 1km range distance that I'm looking for. I'm honestly lookin for just over 1km in the city and up to 3km in rural areas. I've seen the CE Mini can do the 3km all stock, it just needs a nice rural area where its all just fields or forest or something like that...

cool cool

I hope you will be impressed as I was. I haven’t found a bad thing to say about it!

Reactions: Capt KO

cool cool

It's possible :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200211-232352.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-232352.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20200211-232307.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-232307.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20200211-232220.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-232220.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20200211-232045.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-232045.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
I think all of you have, or will be, impressed with the mini. Heed the warning’s that have been posted here, and you should have very little problems. Having them in the back of your mind will give you an idea of what to do when and if it arises. Have fun, fly safe, and take some dang pictures. ??

I love my MM. Makes it Hard to see so many negative comments about the MM on other threads. I have had zero issues with my MM. not one glitch, or loss of signal no drops or loss of control. If you read the manual and use lord forbid I use this term "common sense" then all should be well. . With that being said yes wind is an issue. but wind is an issue with anything weight under 250g. I have flown many of times out over my fields in 10-15 mph winds even as high as 300ft and never had one issue even at a ranges upwards of a mile. I do not wanna here all the none sense about VLOS. I fly mainly all my own private property and I have a lot of it. so flying FPV over a mile out on my own private property does not pose any dangers to anyone or anything except maybe a corn stalk. . I also Fly my MM in my home all the time with the weather is not flight sustaining outside, I put guards on and take off never had issue their either. love this little bird!

@MavicMan17 Happy for your success. Hopefully most mini pilots feel as you do. Sadly, this forum is mostly for solving problems or giving suggestions. It may seem like a lot of bad news, but compared to the volume I’m not sure. I have overcome my glitches involving flying over water. My only minor crash, no damage, was Not caused by the drone, but an ad-on. All in all, happy too. ?

Still hoping for improved props. Someday

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet