DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen In Maimi

Wakamula

Reactions
Mavic Pro 2 Stolen in Miami, along with extra battery, nice case and a Mavmount. The thing was like new. Serial number 163DF9U0010tJ1. Insurance not covering as the vehicle did not have trunk. They got 3 suitcases with all my Canon SLR gear/lenses. Dropped our guard for 30 minutes. Ouch! Long shot but if that series number comes up.....

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Ouch! That's a gut punch of a loss - make sure you notify DJI so if someone tries to register it via the app or online, they can notify you, Not sure the extent of what they do, but I would assume the thief will either A: sell it or B: be stupid enough to use it

Mavic Pro 2 Stolen in Miami, along with extra battery, nice case and a Mavmount. The thing was like new. Serial number 163DF9U0010tJ1. Insurance not covering as the vehicle did not have trunk. They got 3 suitcases with all my Canon SLR gear/lenses. Dropped our guard for 30 minutes. Ouch! Long shot but if that series number comes up.....
Keep your eye on Craig’s List and eBay.

Eventually, if photos or video taken by your drone or camera get posted on the web, you might also be able to recover it with this. Give it a try in few weeks though.

Stolen Camera Finder

I had a title pro in the case and this has triggered a location last night. Looking at google maps I think the either the pro or case is in someones car. You never know I may get lucky but it's a long shot.

Reactions: 430Ferrari
I had a title pro in the case and this has triggered a location last night. Looking at google maps I think the either the pro or case is in someones car. You never know I may get lucky but it's a long shot.

Report it (if you haven't already) to the local PD. They may be able to drive to that location and if the gps spot is specific, assist with knocking on a door or two or at the very least walk by some vehicles and look for you. It would be the best scenario instead of you getting mistaken for a prowler or get shot accidentally. Sorry...worst case scenario (former Law Enforcement)

make sure you notify DJI so if someone tries to register it via the app or online, they can notify you, Not sure the extent of what they do, but I would assume the thief will either A: sell it or B: be stupid enough to use it
1. Once a DJI drone is activated it doesn't need to be "registered" with DJI so DJI would not know
2. DJI won't pass on any information anyway.

Sorry to hear about your loss, you must be a tourist........

You don't drop your guard for a minute in Miami, let alone 30 mins.....Good luck but slim chance of recovery.

Reactions: 430Ferrari and pvs
1. Once a DJI drone is activated it doesn't need to be "registered" with DJI so DJI would not know
2. DJI won't pass on any information anyway.

I meant if they "attempted" to register it (the thief, or the potential new owner who is unaware it's stolen)- I would like to think there is a process in place to throw up a red flag in the system if someone reports the loss to DJI, then DJI can flag the SN and notify the owner its been used or attempted to have been used.

Does that make sense now?

I would like to think there is a process in place to throw up a red flag in the system if someone reports the loss to DJI, then DJI can flag the SN and notify the owner its been used or attempted to have been used.
But there is no process and DJI won't notify anyone anyway.

But there is no process and DJI won't notify anyone anyway.

Sir, you may be reading into this too much, but I was speculating and I did state specifically "I would like to think a process is in place". That was only me suggesting it would be nice if there was. I did not state there was or imply there is. I understand what you said in your previous post that youre suggesting from personal hands on knowledge you are aware there is "no current process" that I described. I appreciate the insight. Again, only a suggestion that there should, or possibly could be, if they explored it.

In post #2 is sure sounded like you did.

Not sure if you’re trolling me but....yes, I did initially think it would be an option to. It never hurts to try and see if a process is in place. I for one would attempt and if they said no, then I learned my own way and would suggest they should look into it.

Things change all the time. So you just never know till you try...right?

Dji is no help went through same thing, dji doesn't care cause you are now a potential buyer again.

Dji is no help went through same thing, dji doesn't care cause you are now a potential buyer again.
There's also the small matter that they have no way to tell when or where your old drone goes flying again.

I have a door bell that sends me video in literally < 30 seconds showing me 30 sec of them at my door (starts when they get within 20 feet, is adjustable). While I was in Beliz it worked (live in AZ). It is very small and light.
Point of this is: Why doesn’t DJI make a part of their app into a tracker. My phone displays the location now using 15-20 GPS satellites, so infrastructure is in place. Build in a tracker like the units available commercially with a 30 day battery that connects to the GoFly app so that you just need to open the app to find a stolen drone. It would make them unstealable as soon as word got out. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne