DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen M2Zoom, 2 smart controllers, 1 alien tech duo

Have you already filed a police report? That really sucks, same old advice im afraid check pawn shops etc. I havent heard of DJI doing much to help in these situations but someone else might say something different.

Go's without saying but change your passwords.

That's crap to hear mate, too many **** humans on this planet 😡

Could I ask how it occured? I think it's good for others to perhaps learn ways to avoid similar happening.

I saw your thread title and it immediately invoked that sinking feeling. Like oh no! That has got to hurt. I also think you might want to let the forum know what happened, even if you are beating yourself up. If, for example you left a vehicle unlocked or similar, that doesnt give a dirty POS thief permission to take someone's property. I hate people who think anything not tied down, locked, alarmed and within camera view is theirs. Hopefully the human scum will try to fire it up and lose a digit or two through lack of awareness or intelligence. He or she could use a few less fingers since they don't know how to jeep them off other people's stuff.

1) File report with local police.
2) Contact insurance providers.

If your equipment was stolen from a vehicle, insurance may or may not cover it. If it was stolen from or near your location, there may be surveillance video that could help you identify the thief or thieves involved. If it was stolen from your home, your homeowner's policy may be involved.

First and foremost: FILE A POLICE REPORT! The cops have a network almost anywhere that covers pawn shops and resale joints (thrift stores, etc.). Provide any identifying information that you can.

I wish you the best in recovering your stolen property. I can empathize, I've been the victim of theft more than once. Good luck.

Check any original boxes for serial numbers, they may match your equipment but others would need to check their equipment and boxes to confirm that.
If you do not have the boxes then, make a copy of your flight logs on your computer and process a .txt flight log with CsvView.
CsvView Downloads
Once the log is processed click on what ever is the icon at the LHS of the top tool/menu bar (it might be "file") and export the csv of the flight log to somewhere. Open the csv with a spread sheet program and in there you will finder the serial numbers for the drone, battery and camera. You may also find the serial number for the controller but, with the smart controller I do not know about that.
If you know which flight used which batteries you should be able to get the serial numbers for all your batteries.
Serial numbers appear in at least two places in the csv so if one column is empty check the other location.
The cops might like the serial numbers.
Watch ebay etc. for similar items and see if you can read any serial numbers in the photos of items for sale.

Oh man, so sorry to hear, and it obviously cuts deep into your love of the hobby and enjoyment.

Yeah report to Police, notify local pawn shops, keep an eye on those websites like Craigs List, eBay, etc . . . definitely let DJI know, as they MIGHT be willing to help somehow if possible.

Heck, as the drone was probably registered, I would let the FAA know all the relevant info, your rego#, model and serial numbers etc, you never know if the POS that took your gear wants to fly legit and somehow fouls themselves up.

Hope you can replace asap and keep up the flights, and really hope a big karma bus hits the thief really hard sometime soon, maybe a prop in the eye.

Definitely report it and file insurance claim, most likely with your homeowner's policy. Most people aren't aware their homeowner's policy covers things like this.

Definitely report it and file insurance claim, most likely with your homeowner's policy. Most people aren't aware their homeowner's policy covers things like this.
Worth checking for sure, we don’t know if the gear was stolen from inside a home, or like I thought for some reason from a vehicle.
Some home insurance policies may include ‘portables’ cover for home contents taken outside the home.

Your homeowner policy covers stuff like this stolen from a car, not your auto insurance. Most people call their auto insurer, are told no it's not covered, and then think they are screwed. Nope.

Your homeowner policy covers stuff like this stolen from a car, not your auto insurance.
Indeed, why I commented regarding portables, as it’s called here under home contents insurance cover.
Here it’s generally an optional extra cover, but in the US it might be more routinely included as standard.
Really worth a policy check or call the broker / insurance company about the incident.
The OP will need a police report number most likely.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_