DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storing Batteries on Unplugged Charging Hub?

Thanks for the snarky reply. I've read the manual at least three times (twice before I bought it and again after it arrived). Haven't memorized it verbatim, but did look there first. Thanks for assuming otherwise. Was seeing a variety of information posted here (in the MA2 thread) and wanted to know if something had changed since publication.

So if you have read the manual 3 times, then you already know the answer. At the end of the day, and for warranty purposes, it's best to usually* follow the manual or at least use it as a credible source of reference. There are many people on forums including this one that love to give his/her opinion, but unfortunately lack the knowledge and experience to be credible so choose wisely which information you follow, especially if it differentiates from the manual.

come on now guys lets come down a notch or two remember forum rules please

Reactions: buzz96
Are you looking for more than that’s in the user manual? Do you mean the actual chemistry that takes place?

No, as long as what's in the manual (and the version of it that I have) hasn't changed, I'm good. I know that things change, especially in relatively new products, and even moreso with anything involving software. So, when I started to see numbers different from what I had seen in the manual, I asked. There's usually someone who knows more than I do, and I thought perhaps they'd weigh in with helpful information.

I had a P4 before I got the MA2, and I remember the auto discharge time was configurable. It's understandable that DJI would choose to make it fixed in a mid-tier offering like the MA2. But it's also possible that a software update might have added functionality that hasn't made it into the published documentation.

A simple "the information in the manual (version XXX) is current" would have been perfect.

Reactions: Lionfish
No, as long as what's in the manual (and the version of it that I have) hasn't changed, I'm good. I know that things change, especially in relatively new products, and even moreso with anything involving software. So, when I started to see numbers different from what I had seen in the manual, I asked. There's usually someone who knows more than I do, and I thought perhaps they'd weigh in with helpful information.

I had a P4 before I got the MA2, and I remember the auto discharge time was configurable. It's understandable that DJI would choose to make it fixed in a mid-tier offering like the MA2. But it's also possible that a software update might have added functionality that hasn't made it into the published documentation.

A simple "the information in the manual (version XXX) is current" would have been perfect.
I was just checking on the details you were after. To the best of my knowledge the latest version of the manual (updated a couple of weeks ago) are correct. The link (in case you don’t have it) is in a sticky at the top of the MA2 Help forum

You would think so , especially with all the very clever members here ( myself excluded ) .
We should try a search on the forum, I’m sure it must have come up at one time or an other .

I like your buzz character, my wife and i have a bunch of hives , so there is always beez around .

Reactions: buzz96
You would think so , especially with all the very clever members here ( myself excluded ) .
We should try a search on the forum, I’m sure it must have come up at one time or an other .

I like your buzz character, my wife and i have a bunch of hives , so there is always beez around .

Thanks! It's Buzz, my college mascot. I'm a displaced Yellow Jacket (moved to Texas for work, been here ever since).

Reactions: Lionfish
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom