DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storms 12/10/21

dirkclod

Reactions
Hopeing all members that were affected last nite by the tornadoes are safe and prayers
to all that were killed. We just had warnings here and lots of rain & wind but still more coming. Kentucky was hit hard. Everyone heed warnings and please stay safe. 🙏

Scarey stuff, good wishes to all hit by them.

A question.
Looking at the videos of the damage am I mistaken in thinking that most of the residential damage seems to be to houses built NOT of bricks and mortar but rather wood framing?
If correct why are such houses allowed in tornado susceptible areas, why do building codes not call for tornado resistant houses?

Scarey stuff, good wishes to all hit by them.

A question.
Looking at the videos of the damage am I mistaken in thinking that most of the residential damage seems to be to houses built NOT of bricks and mortar but rather wood framing?
If correct why are such houses allowed in tornado susceptible areas, why do building codes not call for tornado resistant houses?
Cost.

Let’s send out our prayers and best wishes to the families hit by the tornadoes in those six states. let’s give thanks to rescuers who risk all to save others.

Agree, we had a F5 in April of 2011 come through. Was unbelievable and also was a first responder. It’s something that
never leaves your mind.

Reactions: MA2 317
Reactions: dirkclod
I have seen they also demolished some brick and mortar buildings too, "wow" in a sad way.

FR in 2011, was still a GW then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada