DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Streaming live video drone -> phone -> laptop

Joymaker

Reactions
I want to take the video feed that is coming from my drone to my phone and stream it to my Mac laptop, so that several friends can be watching while I'm flying. If I could stream it to a big television, that would be even better! (Or to the Web, in reduced resolution.)

I can find several apps that will make my Mac laptop into an Airplay station. (I'm pretty sure that this uses Wi-Fi technology to carry the video.) Then I can connect my iPhone to it, and it will mirror whatever is on the iPhone screen. So far so good… EXCEPT that the moment my DJI Go app actually gets connected to the drone's video stream, the AirPlay connection is lost! Experienced with two different AirPlay apps. Even though I'm using a WIRED connection from controller to phone, not using the phone's wifi.

Has anyone tried to work with this? Has anyone had success? I would even buy a special cable to accomplish it, if it would help.

Last edited:
You could try Screen Stream for Android wich will stream to YouTube, Facebook and a few others.
I ahveused it with my Sony PXW X70.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya