DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® light mounts for the DJI Mavic Pro (by DDH)

Here are some updated photos of my work in progress:

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3086.JPG

IMG_3093.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

How about them pointing 45 degrees downwards? I mean the strobes are for the pilot to keep the MP in LOS right?

How about them pointing 45 degrees downwards? I mean the strobes are for the pilot to keep the MP in LOS right?
Right. I don't think a 45 degree angle will make them more visible. These lights are super bright. You'll be able to see the lights as long as they are facing your direction.

I'll have an order link up later today. The first batch will be ready to ship out tomorrow.

Are they sturdy and tight? It would be crazy having them wobbling back and forth along the arm.

Are they sturdy and tight?
Yes. I flew around yesterday in sport mode and they did not move. It's possible to slide them on the arm when they are attached, but they should not slide on their own.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
I'll have an order link up later today. The first batch will be ready to ship out tomorrow.
Watching , waiting and ready to order lollllllll
I hope they all don't get gobbled up B4 I place my order :(

Last edited:
if printed on flexible material they would hold better and would not damage the mavic(or strobe), because its soft. hard 3d print can scrape your mavic no? (i still ordering though, but flexible i think would be better)

These strobes seem great, I ordered 2 of them. They could be of great use, not for me but for anything else in flight going below minima or the incidental copter buzzing around. the mavic could be detected easier and avoided/ increased separation applied. As nav lights (red/green/wht) they are useless since in my opinion if something is used conform a standard, that standard shall be applied (red/greed not strobing and not visible from behind etc.). Multicopters tend to fly sideways/backwards/hover too. This makes it impossible to interpret the light code correctly (still I think it could be done to some extent using colored steady power-led's, still useless...). 1 on top and 1 on bottom should be sufficient.

IMG_0794.JPG

A bit of hot glue on sanded landing leg extensions and I have my strobe mounts. Hey, who says I can't go cheap? $3.99 on Amazon using vipon.com coupons. I got some 'regular' strobes from EU, and the Cree units from msinger. I believe these are the regulars, wanted to risk them first. I've a second set of legs the Cree's will go on so I can maybe test for any difference.

Mostly for visibility by manned craft, but they do make a huge difference at dusk so night time ought to be great. Haven't flown them in the day time yet though.

I am aware that the green and red should be steady, but this is an unregulated aircraft after all, and the flashing will help others to notice, like my neighbors sure did.

Reactions: Slantnose79

Mike, I would like two strobon cree's and the mounts. Can you put a package together?

Like-
1x Green
1x Red
With mounts?

Or

2x White
With mounts?

I think I would like two white lights.

Last stupid question.

Can you print mounts in WHITE? To match my Wrap?

Mike, I would like two strobon cree's and the mounts. Can you put a package together?
Yes, I can package them together. I'll be adding the mounts to the same page as the lights (just working on some finalized photos at the moment).

Can you print mounts in WHITE?
I will only have them in white for now. I hand sand all of my pieces to ensure they are neat and smooth. Sanding black pieces creates dull gray areas (as shown in my latest photos above). I might eventually offer them in back -- just need to test some more finishing techniques to see if I can restore the color after sanding. And I'm going to try them in gray to see how well that color finishes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe