DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun flare bleeding into the frame

21streetz

Reactions
Hey! I recently got my first drone and obviously I crashed it once but it was not a big crash, I was landing next to my car and the wind pushed my drone to fly into the car( it was about 1 meter high) then it fell into the ground. I looked it very carefugly but didn’t managed to find anything that seemed to be damaged however I’ve experiencing lately whike flying that I have a big *** sun flare bleeding into the image. Even when I have the sun on the side of the drone, I don’t have this issue when having the sun in the back but when it’s either in front or in the corner View attachment 109791it’s really distracting, so my question is: Is it a malfunction because of the crash or is it a common thing with DJI drones? I also want to point out that I also have this problem in video! Thanks in advance for your help :)

Attachments

• A12DADD2-D72C-4A32-A038-BA1A89443ADB.jpeg
    A12DADD2-D72C-4A32-A038-BA1A89443ADB.jpeg
    644.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DE2F1EC0-535A-4E4C-A0D2-E402724B815D.jpeg
    DE2F1EC0-535A-4E4C-A0D2-E402724B815D.jpeg
    644.7 KB · Views: 20
You might have cracked/ scratched/ smudged the UV filter in the crash.

Last edited:
There is a sun filter inside the camera?

There is a filter in front of the lens
The filter has the wording printed on it and the spherical lens element is recessed further back

1596712950675.png

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I’m gonna check it when I’m back and if this is actually the thing that causing the flare and it’s broken, I should send it to repair services, I got the dji care so I will covered?

If it is the UV filter just buy another or get yourself a set of ND filters.

On the MA2, the removable default "filter" is just an empty frame; the UV/protective filter is permanently* attached to the camera, so if you put on an ND filter the cracked filter would still be behind it.

(*Obviously it's removable somehow for repair, but it's not removable in the sense that accessory filters are.)

Reactions: itsneedtokno
On the MA2, the removable default "filter" is just an empty frame; the UV/protective filter is permanently* attached to the camera, so if you put on an ND filter the cracked filter would still be behind it.

(*Obviously it's removable somehow for repair, but it's not removable in the sense that accessory filters are.)

OOPS thought it was the same as on the M2P, just twist it off

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190