DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Savon W.

Reactions
Since the dawn of photography people have been drawn to sunrise and sunset. From the long dramatic shadows that stretch on for miles to the ruby red hues with contrasting deep blues. I'd like to see how everyone uses the most dynamic natural light to compose their shots. How does it effect what or how you shoot? Please post videos, pictures, and text pertaining to drone photography and videography at golden hour.

I'll start things off with a short video of my recent trip to Mt. Powell.

Reactions: mrwagdog
^^^^^ wow! Awesome @Savon W.

I love sunrises and sunsets. My two contributions...

Call me cynical but...

The first video I turned off after about 30 seconds because I was confused about where the forest was that was constantly being referred to in the soundtrack. Looked like a bare mountain top to me?

The next two videos were about 2:30 too long. We all have sunrise and sunset twice a day, and unless the cloud formations are spectacularly unusual, they all look pretty much the same. Turning the camera around 180° to see what the light was doing to the landscape would probably have been much more interesting.

Yes I know neither of you asked but hey, I don't charge. And my comments are intended to be constructive, seriously.

Reactions: mrwagdog
Call me cynical but...

The first video I turned off after about 30 seconds because I was confused about where the forest was that was constantly being referred to in the soundtrack. Looked like a bare mountain top to me?

The next two videos were about 2:30 too long. We all have sunrise and sunset twice a day, and unless the cloud formations are spectacularly unusual, they all look pretty much the same. Turning the camera around 180° to see what the light was doing to the landscape would probably have been much more interesting.

Yes I know neither of you asked but hey, I don't charge. And my comments are intended to be constructive, seriously.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks for commenting. I'm just learning and trying to improve.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks for commenting. I'm just learning and trying to improve.

And thank YOU for a polite response. These comments are only my personal opinion so don't take them as gospel - but people have a short attention span generally and anything repetitive or too drawn out if it's not really interesting turns then off, as does anything a bit jarring like a soundtrack that doesn't seem to relate to the video. And trust me, I've been just as guilty in the past of showing people 500 photos of the same sunset!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada