DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunset with my new Mavic 2 Pro

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
My M2P is only a week old- still practicing. Did this shot around sundown. from my driveway. I used a gradient filter to hold back the sky and adjusted the shadows slider to open up the foreground. Of course, a little saturation and sharpening helps. Sunset-Destacada.jpg- no filter. Edited in Adobe Photoshop CC 2020.

Great work!

Perhaps test out a AEB shoot of 3 or even 5 pics then merge them to an HDR in Adobe PS or Lightroom ... in that way you perhaps can have even more well lit sky & in the same time don´t need to bring up the shadowy parts and risk introduce noise there.

This one were from an AEB of 3 pics ... nearly the same conditions as yours.

Solnedgång över Örebro 24 september 2019.jpg

Why didn't I think of that??? Absolutely. In Adobe Photoshop CC 2020, Auto exposure bracketing of 3-5 shots, open in Adobe Camera RAW, select all, right click and merge to HDR. Your picture is also great. Love this forum for sharing ideas.

One more trick you can use is to HDR out from one single RAW pic ... just develop as many "new" pics as you want from camera raw, each separated by perhaps 0.5, one -1 then -0.5 after that 0 then +0.5 & last one for +1. Export in some nondestructive format, and make one HDR. Works really good if you missed the AEB possibility.

Reactions: PAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato