Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Sunset with my new Mavic 2 Pro

Dale D

Reaction score
My M2P is only a week old- still practicing. Did this shot around sundown. from my driveway. I used a gradient filter to hold back the sky and adjusted the shadows slider to open up the foreground. Of course, a little saturation and sharpening helps. Sunset-Destacada.jpg- no filter. Edited in Adobe Photoshop CC 2020.

slup

Reaction score
Great work!

Perhaps test out a AEB shoot of 3 or even 5 pics then merge them to an HDR in Adobe PS or Lightroom ... in that way you perhaps can have even more well lit sky & in the same time don´t need to bring up the shadowy parts and risk introduce noise there.

This one were from an AEB of 3 pics ... nearly the same conditions as yours.

Solnedgång över Örebro 24 september 2019.jpg

Dale D

Reaction score
Why didn't I think of that??? Absolutely. In Adobe Photoshop CC 2020, Auto exposure bracketing of 3-5 shots, open in Adobe Camera RAW, select all, right click and merge to HDR. Your picture is also great. Love this forum for sharing ideas.

slup

Reaction score
One more trick you can use is to HDR out from one single RAW pic ... just develop as many "new" pics as you want from camera raw, each separated by perhaps 0.5, one -1 then -0.5 after that 0 then +0.5 & last one for +1. Export in some nondestructive format, and make one HDR. Works really good if you missed the AEB possibility.

Reactions: PAW