DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Super Scared! Mysterious gimbal/app error...

rossmoney

Reactions
Was nearing the end of a long flight and turned around to head home and the camera view went black, then came back on completely bright white, the gimbal almost looked like it was trying to recalibrate itself, the view went strait down, then kinda sideways, then slowly started going from strait ahead to 30 degrees up all by itself while i was trying to fight it the whole time. the WEIRDEST thing I saw was I was able to see the video feed, but every readout on the HUD said "N/A" The other odd thing is there were no actual warnings that popped up. Here is the upload of the flight data I had complete control of flight of the drone on the way home, but for some reason all the camera settings were very very off. Was flying in about 38 fahrenheit. The view stayed out of focus the rest of the flight home, i tried focusing a few times, and it would cycle through the focus range and pop right out of focus again. I honestly can't remember much more as my heart was beating like crazy... just wanted to get home. The hardest part is I didn't capture anything that was being shown on my iPhone screen. All I have is this video of the way home with the focus issue I'd love to know if anyone knows what happened, or if they have any questions for me for clarification. Thanks for your help!

Looks like your max distance out away from your home point was about 1.5 miles, a hefty distance but certainly not unheard of or exceeding the Mavic's transmission range. How long into your flight did this trouble begin?

The focus issue is something I have read about before which some pilots have experienced. Sounds like you did a great job of getting your Mavic home, so credit to you for that. And as far as temps go you are well within the Mavics operating temp zone; I've flown in much colder weather without any problems except shorter flight time due to battery life. But about when did this occur in your flight time?

Just saw your footage. Focus was way off and unstable.

Reactions: rossmoney
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00