DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swelling Battery caused Crash

No, it's the latches, but has to be both of them. There are switch contacts on both which changes state when pushed in. Not sure if it's a make or break when pushed in.

Test it yourself by pushing in the latch buttons on your good battery but still well seated.

If the communications pin connections are lost, then you get battery communication error and loss of complete battery state.

Power pins are all tied together for redundancy and current capacity.

I was flying my Mavic pro platinum over water and was returning to home and got about 3 foot over the land ( thank God ) and my battery just popped off… I noticed that the battery had swelled up but I didn’t think about taking a picture of it at the time but I wrote DJI and supplied them with my flight records and everything else they asked for and they wanted me to return my Mavic to them for analysis… I tried to explain it’s not a problem with my Mavic it’s a problem with their swelling batteries but they still wanted me to return the Mavic for to them for analysis and I refused, because they couldn’t tell me if it was going to cost anything or not, so I wasn’t about to return my Mavic to them and then end up with a $300 bill for servicing, when I know after reading these posts that I’m not the only one that’s had this problem! In my opinion they should offer free insurance and rebuild the batteries correctly to where they will not swell… I’m really pissed… Now I’m scared to fly over water !
It's bizarre, I've charged my batteries a little more than 95 times and all of them work perfectly except one that is a bit swollen and sometimes when I take it off it goes from 100% to 0% battery the first 30 meters and then it starts to beep and land. It has happened already 4 times already, and I don't know why. Maybe it is a glitch or something? It would be really nice to get some help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+