DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sydney ➡Central Coast Flyer meet ups.

hey mate, is your avatar pic your mavic ? if so, how did you make it white ?

Kidding, you can get a skin from Drone Wrap, they are a bit on the expensive side but the quality is terrific and they are easy to apply.

Reactions: Chris.K
Hi all,

I recently received my Mavic and have a few flights under my belt. Just wondering where everyone flies in Sydney. I'm finding it difficult to find anywhere 'legal' to fly. I live quite close to Bankstown Airport so it is a no go zone. Any suggestions with the general Sydney area?

Thanks

Hi all,

I recently received my Mavic and have a few flights under my belt. Just wondering where everyone flies in Sydney. I'm finding it difficult to find anywhere 'legal' to fly. I live quite close to Bankstown Airport so it is a no go zone. Any suggestions with the general Sydney area?

Thanks

Generally the coastal suburbs are fine for flaying. Your best bet is to get an app like HOVER, or the soon to be released CASA - Can I Fly app. They show where airspace is restricted and where you can fly recreationally.

Reactions: stratos
Hi all,

Thanks

Yeah most of my flght have been over the ocean. There are places around sydney in which you can fly. Generally im flying as well over rivers and if just want to get my fix in a local park when there no people

I'm also in sydney - and still on training wheels with my mavic. Try not to fly too high or too far - still nervous about letting a $1700 craft get too far away. Fly mostly in parks when there is no one around.

Reactions: ZUCSTA
I'm also in sydney - and still on training wheels with my mavic. Try not to fly too high or too far - still nervous about letting a $1700 craft get too far away. Fly mostly in parks when there is no one around.

I will go fly this weekend. There are some great spots around the coast down on the way to Wollongong you should try :)

Hi all,
We live in Georges Hall so share your pain. My son and I went for our maiden flight today and ended up on a football ground in Menai... We leave shortly for Broken Hill so I'm assuming we'll find plenty of suitable spots along the way.
I should also mention we have a house and a unit on the Central Coast so get up there a bit.

We live in Georges Hall so share your pain. My son and I went for our maiden flight today and ended up on a football ground in Menai... We leave shortly for Broken Hill so I'm assuming we'll find plenty of suitable spots along the way.
I should also mention we have a house and a unit on the Central Coast so get up there a bit.

Check the App " Safe to fly " and that will guide you where you can fly.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Anyone near Avoca on the central Coast with a Mavic Pro wishes to meet up to compare pics ,Flight Tip and Camera Help please just reply here. Met a few New Mavic pilots Today Pete and Mark Hope to see you guys again. [emoji654] [emoji2]
I'm in Macmasters & very new to droning & Mavic,would luv to learn more from experienced mavic pilots

I'm in Macmasters & very new to droning & Mavic,would luv to learn more from experienced mavic pilots
Just so happens I fly McMasters Quite a bit.
Let me know when your heading that way.
Would be only to glad to compare flight experiences.. Amazed I haven't seen you.

Just so happens I fly McMasters Quite a bit.
Let me know when your heading that way.
Would be only to glad to compare flight experiences.. Amazed I haven't seen you.
I'm in Macs 24/7,I stay way from people while I'm learning & only had the mavic for 3 days....I'm surprised I haven't stalked/harassed you with questions,hahahaha

I'm in Macs 24/7,I stay way from people while I'm learning & only had the mavic for 3 days....I'm surprised I haven't stalked/harassed you with questions,hahahaha
I may go down Tuesday Morning. B4 I head to Sydney. Will update tomorrow A.M

Reactions: ssvdh66
I may go down Tuesday Morning. B4 I head to Sydney. Will update tomorrow A.M

So... 3 months later how's it all going ??

Hey ZUCSTA,

Yep - I'm in Ourimbah - just got the Mavic a few weeks ago and I'm still working up my nerve to fly more than 100 metres away. I have the original Phantom with a 3rd party gimbal and camera cradle which I used to fly a lot (and occasionally crash) but the Mavic looks/feels a little more delicate than the Phantom hence my trepidation.

Do you have another local meet up planned on the coast?

Chris
Heye Chris .Sorry mate ,been away awhile .how's your Mavic going now?

Hi I'm Craig from Berkeley Vale and have had my Mavic Pro for a few months. One crash, gimbal cable damaged and repaired successfully. Now I'm trying to replace the ginbal interconnect module as I damaged a few pins re-assembling and now have no video. Getting there....

Hi I'm Craig from Berkeley Vale and have had my Mavic Pro for a few months. One crash, gimbal cable damaged and repaired successfully. Now I'm trying to replace the ginbal interconnect module as I damaged a few pins re-assembling and now have no video. Getting there....
Sorry to hear ,Must of been a hard impact mate

The impact wasn't what damaged the socket. The crash tore the ribbon cable and it was me who stuffed the socket. Ribbon cable replaced. Gimbal working. Socket damaged. No video. Just trying to locate a spare. It still flies though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan