DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sydney ➡Central Coast Flyer meet ups.

Have
The impact wasn't what damaged the socket. The crash tore the ribbon cable and it was me who stuffed the socket. Ribbon cable replaced. Gimbal working. Socket damaged. No video. Just trying to locate a spare. It still flies though.
Have You a pic of the socket ?

playin in the city,wanted to get more water but no fly warning happen,so got outta there quick smart
Yep Sydney airport flight paths are a biggie.
Try around Some of the northern beachs.or take a trip up to Central coast Copacobana ,Avoca. Just be are of Westpac chopper and fly safe .
I'm getting great pics of Sharks ,Seals and rays feeding on mass runs,schools, shoals (whatever you call them) of Salmon .Amazing to watch and photograph.

Reactions: ssvdh66
Have

Have You a pic of the socket ?

I have a stock pic highlighted with the socket that is damaged. When I tried to push the plug onto the board I bent some pins and when I tried ever so gently to prise them straight one pin broke off.

InkedMavic Pro module_LI.jpg

Reactions: ZUCSTA
I have a stock pic highlighted with the socket that is damaged. When I tried to push the plug onto the board I bent some pins and when I tried ever so gently to prise them straight one pin broke off.

View attachment 23213
So it was a pin from the board or from socket ?.A new Board may be in order , or if your good at soldering????

Yep Sydney airport flight paths are a biggie.
Try around Some of the northern beachs.or take a trip up to Central coast Copacobana ,Avoca. Just be are of Westpac chopper and fly safe .
I'm getting great pics of Sharks ,Seals and rays feeding on mass runs,schools, shoals (whatever you call them) of Salmon .Amazing to watch and photograph.
can't wait to see them,the last shark one was awesome....have u sent the injured mav bird back yet ?

guys have you see the latest update on the maps in the "Safe to Fly" app, now it says that almost everywhere is forbidden to fly, like its crazy , I believe the map is broken it doesnt make any sense now

So it appears that they did a sneaky change on the regulations. Now it reads “ Do not take off within 5.5kms from an -aerodome- “ Intead of an airport. Wow this is ****** up. I mean seriosuly. They just ruined the hobby, how come can they just change on the fly without even informing every one.

I can imagine how many business will get affected now.
Dad with this kids in a sport oval when no one is around, what? is now braking the law? this is seriously bad!

Last edited:
In case you are not aware CASA change the rules for the recreational pilots.

So its almost a total Ban this is ridiculous, they dont event state the changes to the rules.

They almost say refer to the App an happy flying !( in your dreams because you cant fly almost anywhere now) such a disappointment and ignorance from the authorities.

New recreational drone rules | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

I'm happy about the change,I live near a rarely use helipad & was not allowed to fly,now I can except when I see an aircract

You were supposed to be able to fly from 0 to 120 meters, now even if there are no aircrafts they just blanket put the prohibition. Unless you live in the bush this doesn't affect you. I think this is all because of this wannabe amateur pilots that keep crashing their cesnas

droneflyer_airportmdpi.png

If your drone weighs more than 100g, you must keep at least 5.5km away from controlled aerodromes. Flying within 5.5km of a non-controlled aerodrome or helicopter landing site (HLS) is possible, but only if no manned aircraft are operating to or from the aerodrome. If you become aware of manned aircraft operating to or from the aerodrome/HLS, you must manoeuvre away from the aircraft and land as soon as safely possible.(from CASA website)

so now you can fly near helipads & unmanned aerodromes (no towers) if no aircraft are in sight,if you see one,you have to land....before I was not allowed to fly at all

droneflyer_airportmdpi.png

If your drone weighs more than 100g, you must keep at least 5.5km away from controlled aerodromes. Flying within 5.5km of a non-controlled aerodrome or helicopter landing site (HLS) is possible, but only if no manned aircraft are operating to or from the aerodrome. If you become aware of manned aircraft operating to or from the aerodrome/HLS, you must manoeuvre away from the aircraft and land as soon as safely possible.(from CASA website)

so now you can fly near helipads & unmanned aerodromes (no towers) if no aircraft are in sight,if you see one,you have to land....before I was not allowed to fly at all

Check the "Can I fly there?" app, it says the opposite :/

@ssvdh66 is right. It's just that the wording of the app is terrible and intimidating.

For example, if you enter the suburb of Ultimo, it generates this text:

Close to YRPA ROYAL PRINCE ALFRED HOSPITAL

If your drone weighs more than 100g, you must not launch within 5.5km of this aerodrome/helicopter landing site (HLS) if you are aware, or become aware, that manned aircraft are operating to or from this aerodrome/HLS.

If you are already flying your drone within 5.5km of an aerodrome/HLS and become aware that manned aircraft are operating to/from this aerodrome/HLS, you must manoeuvre safely away from the path of that aircraft and land as soon as it is safe to do so.

In summary for a Mavic pilot, it says:
  • you can't take off
  • you must avoid any landing aircraft then land
if you are/become aware that someone is using RPAH helipad.

@ssvdh66 is right. It's just that the wording of the app is terrible and intimidating.

For example, if you enter the suburb of Ultimo, it generates this text:

Close to YRPA ROYAL PRINCE ALFRED HOSPITAL

If your drone weighs more than 100g, you must not launch within 5.5km of this aerodrome/helicopter landing site (HLS) if you are aware, or become aware, that manned aircraft are operating to or from this aerodrome/HLS.

If you are already flying your drone within 5.5km of an aerodrome/HLS and become aware that manned aircraft are operating to/from this aerodrome/HLS, you must manoeuvre safely away from the path of that aircraft and land as soon as it is safe to do so.

In summary for a Mavic pilot, it says:
  • you can't take off
  • you must avoid any landing aircraft then land
if you are/become aware that someone is using RPAH helipad.

What’s wrong with that wording. Seems logical to me.

What’s wrong with that wording. Seems logical to me.
It's very clunky wording.

Maybe I am thinking too much like a computer programmer but the structure they use is:
If condition A {
Do something if condition B
}

That condition B bit is very Perl-like.

It would be easier to understand if it was:
If condition A and condition B {
Do something
}

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads