DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet mount

LivinLarge

Reactions
For me, the weak link in the Mavic design is the mounting setup for a viewing screen. Phones are really too small to see and tablets are too big to fit well in the arms. If you try to add a hood to a phone or tablet, it interferes with your movements of the joysticks.
I have seen lots of tablet mounts which hold the tablet above the joysticks. They are often big and bulky and not easily stored when not in use.
Here is my concept for a mount that folds up flat underneath the tablet for storage. It allows adjustment of height and angle. This is a first cut prototype that will be made from wood to test the feel and function of it. I will refine it later to be lighter and less expensive when 3D printed.
The model is based on my Nexus 7 tablet and a part the size of my Samsung Note 5 phone to mount in the arms.

Attachments

• tablet mount assy closed.jpg
    tablet mount assy closed.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 79
  • tablet mount assy.jpg
    tablet mount assy.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 80
f6dccf6b5a4869c54c47e0e30f90a373.jpg

AliExpress, fits up to an huge iPad. My iPad Pro 9.7 for sure

Reactions: macvipersd
I did not find one that looks just like this on Aliexpress. Does it fold flat? I want to have a minimum bulk attached to the tablet when traveling.

I bought one of these too off amazon, works great, I added a pass thru aluminum plate with holes for a neck strap since the original strap location did not work well, it's not perfect but pretty good balance now and easy to set up and store, has compartment for filters and spare sd cards too

I bought one of these too off amazon, works great, I added a pass thru aluminum plate with holes for a neck strap since the original strap location did not work well, it's not perfect but pretty good balance now and easy to set up and store, has compartment for filters and spare sd cards too

IMG_1500.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk