DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take it or leave it? Mavic pro to Japan!

TK-421

Reactions
So I’ll be going to Tokyo Japan in a couple weeks and I want to take my Mavic. I have done some research and from what I found Tyoko is pretty much a no fly zone. But when you get up into the outer cities or rural areas they are allowed to fly.

I just want to get a few good aerial shots, I don’t want to fly far or anything,

I would appreciate any input at all , have you flown there, have you had any trouble, need anything special or map updates

Thanks All

Take it! That's why you bought it, right? I just took a trip to Santa Cruz, CA ... pretty much off limits on all the beaches there (State Park, run by a District Manager that doesn't like drones) and I found a small place, allowed to fly. It was restrictive, but still felt great to get a few shots.

I did read somewhere that you're only allowed 3 Lipo batteries on the plane and they should be under 30% charged ... so I would research the current regulations on this. I was flying home from the Philippines when they made me toss a bunch of batteries (2012) because the current law at the time, from their airport was batteries only in devices, no spares. That really sucked!

thanks mike , I haven’t thought about transporting the batteries , one would prob be enough to get is several shots and recharge at night. But defiantly worth looking into.

TK-421

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998