DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking Drone abroad, Sri Lanka and Maldives

Stargazer55

Reactions
Hi All
Going on a trip to the above in April, does anyone have any experience of doing this?
What approvals will I need?
Apart from the online multiple choice test I have completed I don't have any other certification.
Do I need to register the Mavic Air Drone to take it abroad?

Wish I could help, but I've never been to either place. Please post your videos of the Maldives--been wanting to visit there since I first saw them on the map. Been to the Seychelles, though, in my pre-drone days. Great snorkeling in the Indian Ocean!

If the conditions are good, if I get good footage, then just try to stop me from posting the results! Hoping to get some under water GoPro stuff as well!

I have to confess I didn't. I spoke to over a dozen other pilots and none had either. Just be sensible as per the guidelines and think all will be OK I had a couple to chats with police and they were relaxed and very interested, even had a fly

Hello,

I am actually going to have a trip in Maldives on April, from Greece will travel first stop at Doha, second step at Colombo to Male, Maldives. The equipment that I am thinking to have is either a Mavic Air or Spark. I ahve already granted the permission of the resort by email, that it is allows but they will point me the areas that I can fly, which makes sense. However, my biggest worry is whether I am gonna face any issues at the airports of Doha and Colombo and finally at the customs of Maldives, Male.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Thank you for your reply Kelvin.
Good to know, I am planning to take both the air craft and the batteries as on carry luggage.

After the permission from the resort, just obtained the permissions from the Ministry of Defense and the Civil Aviation Authority which now makes feel very relaxed that I will be able to enjoy lots of flights at this scenery.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Didn't get there in the end I'm afraid, all but non essential flights to Sri Lanka following the Easter bombings were grounded

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan