DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Telemetry Overlay and more data tools

At first glance this seems like a really powerful program. The price of $99 is a bit high, but it's obvious that a LOT of work has gone into the app and it seems like the support level is pretty good based upon what I've seen here.

Some of the overlays are really impressive, but I'm wondering if it is possible to display the signal level as one of the gauges. I didn't see that in any of the videos I've seen thus far.

Thanks ...

At first glance this seems like a really powerful program. The price of $99 is a bit high, but it's obvious that a LOT of work has gone into the app and it seems like the support level is pretty good based upon what I've seen here.

Some of the overlays are really impressive, but I'm wondering if it is possible to display the signal level as one of the gauges. I didn't see that in any of the videos I've seen thus far.

Thanks ...
Hi, The software has a Setting called "Read extra streams". Once this is enabled, when importing data it will read more data fields than the standard ones. For example, any columns of a CSV file or all the numeric fields from the subtitle logs.

Where do you plan on reading the signal level from? I think subtitles from the DJI goggles and some drone models do reord that information. Feel free to share a sample file for analysis, or you can try it yourself with the trial version: Telemetry Extractor for GoPro, DJI, Insta360 & more

After importing the data, go to Add Gauges -> Custom -> Custom Mini. And select the Signal Level stream if available. The full version includes many more styles or Custom gauges.

Hi, The software has a Setting called "Read extra streams". Once this is enabled, when importing data it will read more data fields than the standard ones. For example, any columns of a CSV file or all the numeric fields from the subtitle logs.

Where do you plan on reading the signal level from? I think subtitles from the DJI goggles and some drone models do reord that information. Feel free to share a sample file for analysis, or you can try it yourself with the trial version: Telemetry Extractor for GoPro, DJI, Insta360 & more

After importing the data, go to Add Gauges -> Custom -> Custom Mini. And select the Signal Level stream if available. The full version includes many more styles or Custom gauges.

Thanks for the very quick reply!

I use a Mavic Air 2 and I'd bet that the subtitles include the signal data, so I'll probably just buy the full version since not having the signal level wouldn't be a deal breaker anyway.

Reactions: 0Kajuna0

I have been in contact with airdata as to where they get their readings from for signal strength. They said they calculate the signal strength and signal score based on information they receive in the flight log when it's uploaded. They do not currently include the signal strength in the CSV file that we can download from them, but they have passed this along to the team to see what could be included in a future release.

Perhaps if more people request this we might see this a lot sooner.

@0Kajuna0 - based on some earlier comments you made regarding workflow and transparent video, I am wondering if you have tried this with LumaFusion? I plan to download the trial to give it a whirl, but not sure if the transparent export option will be available in that? Since there are no references to telemetry overlays for LumaFusion when I do a Google search, I'd be happy to write up a tutorial if I can get it to work.

@0Kajuna0 - based on some earlier comments you made regarding workflow and transparent video, I am wondering if you have tried this with LumaFusion? I plan to download the trial to give it a whirl, but not sure if the transparent export option will be available in that? Since there are no references to telemetry overlays for LumaFusion when I do a Google search, I'd be happy to write up a tutorial if I can get it to work.
As long as Lumafusion supports video with an alpha channel or a chroma background, it should be fine. Telemetry Overlay can export alpha videos with PNG, ProRes 4444 and QT RLE codecs, and h264/h265 videos with a chroma background. Those options are not available in the trial version, though. Let me know if you need more details. Feel free to send a PM

@0Kajuna0 do you have a tutorial on how to get started using this with DJI files?

I've DL the trial version and uploaded the video file but now it's asking for Telemetry files which I'm not sure where they would be or how to locate them to LOAD.

Hi @BigAl07

I just published this tutorial

There are two main ways to import the data:
- Enabling Video Subtitles in your fly app. Telemetry Overlay should then detect the data automatically
- Syncing your flights with AirData.com and downloading the as CSV files

Let me know if you have more questions

Hi @BigAl07

I just published this tutorial

There are two main ways to import the data:
- Enabling Video Subtitles in your fly app. Telemetry Overlay should then detect the data automatically
- Syncing your flights with AirData.com and downloading the as CSV files

Let me know if you have more questions

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum