DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TFR in NJ

CornerGuy

Reactions
I live in NJ and fall just within a Temporary No Fly Zone, a 30 mile radius of visiting President Trump, my DJI drones will not even allow me to spin up the blades much less fly even in my own back yard. A bit overkill if you ask me, as if my Mavic could fly the 26 miles to get near Trump!
Despite the TFR in effect fighter jets were scrambled twice to intercept private civilian aircrafts violating the ZFZ.
And yet the drones always get all the bad press. [emoji849]

I live in NJ and fall just within a Temporary No Fly Zone, a 30 mile radius of visiting President Trump, my DJI drones will not even allow me to spin up the blades much less fly even in my own back yard. A bit overkill if you ask me, as if my Mavic could fly the 26 miles to get near Trump!
Despite the TFR in effect fighter jets were scrambled twice to intercept private civilian aircrafts violating the ZFZ.

So how did you find out about the scrambled fighters?

Reactions: Maviac

So what distance do you think would be more appropriate to allow detection, notification, approach, intercept of an aircraft violating the TFR (any aircraft not just a Mavic... remember not everyone flying sUAS is flying 'just' a Mavic), and resolving the conflict before there is an incident to the principle party in the first place?

What I'm hearing is you suggest we further cater existing Aviation Regulations etc to toy drone operators? I think it's a lot less complicated and confusing to just simply expect us sUAS operators to comply and follow existing regulations/restrictions.

Reactions: sar104
on a related note... does anyone know if LAANC goes offline when there are these large zone flight restrictions?

I was trying to set up an authorization with Kittyhawk within the “red zone” but for a time several hours AFTER the restriction was set to end, and the app would not even let me request the authorization until the temp restriction ended.

just curious....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom