DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank you DJI you messed up my holidays!!

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello

It looks like the DJI website doesn't allow complaints so I will post my thoughts here. I have always been amazed by dji drones but I will write a negative review for once. I am currently in the Maldives, on a holiday trip I have always dreamed of. The trip of a lifetime. And prior to this I bought the DJI Mavic 2 Pro since I thought I would come back home with awesome aerial footage.

I flew it in France without any problem and I was able to record the beginning of my holidays but since yesterday, the drone don't want to take off anymore. I got an ESC status error. I guess that I won't be able to fly it without sending back for repairs?? Thank you DJI you screw up the rest of my vacations!! Is that normal? The drone is brand new, has less than 10 flight and I can't use it right now, in one of the place for aerial footage!!

Please tell me there is something I can do. I'm really [ Mod Removed]. I already tell you that I won't accept any repaired drone, I will only be keen to accept a brand new one Mavic 2 Pro as a replacement. Not to mention that my gimbal has a slight tilt and that the 1/3 right side is not in focus. I was going to close eyes about that but now I'm sure that my drone don't want to take off, I'm pretty sure that I received a defective one.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: Proto47
Good thing you did not bring your galaxy fold phone you really would have been upset. Keep things in perspective. All manufactures... that make anything have a failure rate. You lost the lottery. I am sure DJI with replace it. It sucks. What are you gonna do? You are in France on vacation ENJOY IT!

I'm coming from France thus I'm not in vacations there but in the Maldives. A place I would probably never come back again considering how much cost effective it is. I enjoy it of course but guys, I bought this drone especially for this trip and it stopped working at the worst moment. I think that I still have the right to be upset at this point.

So according to your answer, there is nothing I can do except sending it back once I come back home?

I'm coming from France thus I'm not in vacations there but in the Maldives. A place I would probably never come back again considering how much cost effective it is. I enjoy it of course but guys, I bought this drone especially for this trip and it stopped working at the worst moment. I think that I still have the right to be upset at this point.

So according to your answer, there is nothing I can do except sending it back once I come back home?

I'd be upset too, but you were just unlucky to have the aircraft fail on vacation. These things happen. The very first Phantom 2 I bought was dead on arrival with a failed ESC - the only DJI equipment failure that I've experienced. Unfortunately an ESC error is likely going to require repair or replacement.

Thanks for your message. Yeah I know this is always happening with high tech products unfortunately. It just happened at the worst moment. Anyway. Actually I was able to fly with it two times after the first warning message. It worked when I restarted the aircraft but now it looks like it's definitely unusable.

Electronic stuff breaks. New electronic stuff breaks sometimes. Sometimes electronic stuff is broken on arrival.
You seem unaware of this. The ridiculous over-dramatic whinge-post is laughable.

No manufacturer anywhere in the world can produce a 100% working product for 100% of people. Nothing from a pencil to a 787 is 100% working 100% of the time from day 1.

If you *NEED* something you take 2 of them. Basic redundancy. If you take only 1 and no spare then its not mission critical. So holiday isn't ruined.

Of course I'm aware that electronic stuff breaks. If it sounds over dramatic, It's mostly because I wrote this message at the moment. But I won't act like nothing happened. When they are a selling a product more than a thousand bucks they can expect to receive comments in line with my deception. Something that they apparently don't allow on their forum.

Hello

It looks like the DJI website doesn't allow complaints so I will post my thoughts here. I have always been amazed by dji drones but I will write a negative review for once. I am currently in the Maldives, on a holiday trip I have always dreamed of. The trip of a lifetime. And prior to this I bought the DJI Mavic 2 Pro since I thought I would come back home with awesome aerial footage.

I flew it in France without any problem and I was able to record the beginning of my holidays but since yesterday, the drone don't want to take off anymore. I got an ESC status error. I guess that I won't be able to fly it without sending back for repairs?? Thank you DJI you screw up the rest of my vacations!! Is that normal? The drone is brand new, has less than 10 flight and I can't use it right now, in one of the place for aerial footage!!

Please tell me there is something I can do. I'm really [ Mod Removed]. I already tell you that I won't accept any repaired drone, I will only be keen to accept a brand new one Mavic 2 Pro as a replacement. Not to mention that my gimbal has a slight tilt and that the 1/3 right side is not in focus. I was going to close eyes about that but now I'm sure that my drone don't want to take off, I'm pretty sure that I received a defective one.
I had similar problems with a Phantom 4 and I complained by email and the same evening I had a phone call to help me sort out the problem. This they were able to do over the phone and I have to say that the service was excellent. Previous to that (going back to 2013) I wrote 50 emails complaining about a problem and it was never satisfactorily resolved. They have improved enormously since then. I hope you have a similar success with your problem.

Maybe this is a good reason for me to keep my Mavic Air if I buy the M2P. Use it as backup. I don't know of any wedding photographer that shows up with one camera. Mission Critical. Bring Backup. However, I do feel for you depending on a quality product that for you ended up getting a lemon. Try to enjoy your good health and maybe you have a DSLR with you that can fill in? Plus, you get to go home to France. That's nice.

ESC error appears to be a software issue when updating the firmware. If that's the case, try to download the firmware update again. You can always contact DJI support, they might be able to assist.

Reactions: MavicMikeK
ESC error appears to be a software issue when updating the firmware. If that's the case, try to download the firmware update again. You can always contact DJI support, they might be able to assist.

Can you elaborate? Why do you think an ESC error would be a firmware problem?

Can you elaborate? Why do you think an ESC error would be a firmware problem?
This guy experienced a ESC error after firmware update. In this case, DJI's advised the user to redownload the software.

This guy experienced a ESC error after firmware update. In this case, DJI's advised the user to redownload the software.

That's always their first suggestion. I'll bet it didn't fix the problem.

Thanks for all your answer guys. Do I need a computer to reinstall the firmware update? Cause I don't have one with me unfortunately

I had similar problems with a Phantom 4 and I complained by email and the same evening I had a phone call to help me sort out the problem. This they were able to do over the phone and I have to say that the service was excellent. Previous to that (going back to 2013) I wrote 50 emails complaining about a problem and it was never satisfactorily resolved. They have improved enormously since then. I hope you have a similar success with your problem.

That's interesting. Do you remember what was the process to finally solve the problem on your Phantom 4?

Thanks for all your answer guys. Do I need a computer to reinstall the firmware update? Cause I don't have one with me unfortunately

I beleive you do. Try initiate the update process in the mobile app and see where it goes. I would also send an email to DJI support. I hope it's nothing major and you'll have it in the air soon. Keep us posted.

It is of course your right to voice your "pleasure" or "displeasure" about a product which has not met your expectations. Suggesting so on this forum is not going to get the M2P fixed or replaced though. You might like to have another look on the DJI web site where I am pretty sure you will find several different Support options whereby you can vent your "displeasure" more directly to DJI.

Hello ATW, I feel your pain about having a non performing drone. I have one question and one comment. Question: did you take the drone on a number of flights before going on vacation? Comment: Be thankful the issue (hardware/software) did not happen when the drone was up in the air. A crash would have been much worse.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52