DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks DJI ... Goodbye

I just pre ordered mine today and the shipment I paid for was for 7 - 12 days so will let you know when it comes or if it don't lol. Everyone who are selling are saying mid October in the UK.

As soon as I saw the Mavic announcement, I got super excited, listed and sold my Phantom 4 right away and ordered the Mavic on the same day it was announced. Waiting 2-3 weeks was bearable being droneless. I had lots of plans for the phantom 4 that I had to put on hold. Now with the failed promises, lies and lack of information is just plain unprofessional!! It was getting annoying With the pointless universal copy and paste replies from all the customer support and now The official email from DJI "We will give you an update but we will not tell you anything... " What the heck!!! I hope tons of people start demanding refunds, I know I will by end of the week... It's a huge slap in the face not because of the delays, but because you take all our money and then treat this like a biggest secret in the world, like we are trying to get info from the pentagon, as if we are unconviniencing you by doing us a huge favor or something. This is exactly how your customers drop like flies. Lastly I'm sure this was forseen, and yet it was still presented with all these promises, just to stick it to GoPro and take customers from them. I'll be demanding my refund by end of this week, I suggest many do the same, this is the only way DJI will improve ...
Good luck with the GoPro Karma. Looks like you may have a wait over there, too.
GoPro Karma Release Date | GoPro Karma Forum

Our response.

Update on Mavic Pro

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store (Mavic Pro | DJI Store).

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI

I wish we had more information. It is because of you that this craft is so successful.

Reactions: MavicMo
oh i see....better to get any problems fixed now instead of having to recall later on.

Yes...I'm a bit upset that there's a delay...but I will not cancel my order. Obviously, they're having an issue with something. What large company does NOT have there share of problems. Just look at Samsung's battery problems....and Apple's "bend gate"...Automobile manufacturers with their large recalls....etc...etc. That's all water under the bridge...IMO. In the end...they'll release an awesome product that a lot of customers will enjoy.

The guy from DJI said in his email that production is at full speed. Unless he's lying, there are no problems with the product.

wwwelll....this is pretty much why I never pre-order. Most unfortunately that has not spared me from listening to everyone else complain about theirs :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Demunseed (Drone Youtuber if you didn't know) says he believes customers will start receiving their Mavics at the end of the first week or first of the 2nd week of November if you ordered from a dealer since the shipments have to wait a few days in customs, then get shipped to the dealers before they are shipped to the customers.

Since he works closely with Acesdeals in NY, he has a little insight to the process. I say a little patience is in order, especially with the high demand of this particular drone.

Reactions: mstampfli
I agree that DJI has not communicated with customers well, and that their policy of taking full payment before shipping is questionable at best. What I don't understand is the highly emotional reaction that some people have had to delivery delays that have occurred for unknown reasons (despite speculation).

Are you really unable to be without your toy for a month or two? Was your Phantom delivering all of your meals and now you will starve to death?

Maybe you should take a breath, realize that this gadget is about "want" and not "need", and either wait or cancel your order. Other than the fact that quitters will reduce wait times for others, nobody really cares what you are going to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derf
'[...]Here is the "real" concern:

If DJI truly anticipated to ship anything on the date that was promised, at least some of the product would be shipped.
[...]

Ok there seems to be a lot of assumption here:

• No product has been shipped
• It hasn't been any number of unforeseen supply/manufacturing/assembly delays in the entire process of getting a brand new envelope-pushing platform to market
• An unrealistic date was thus given intensionally
• There is any malice, greed, or disrespect for customers or any other ulterior

How can you know any of these things are true? Contrary to your example, this is neither an American nor publicly-held company, and they have every right to conduct business in their own way, most probably filtered by a set of socio-economic norms different from our own in ways that may not be immediately apparent.

I get the anxiety, and indeed if it were me running that PR department, I'd like to think I'd be more forthcoming...but c'mon. It's the 18th; there's no way you'd have it in hand yet anyway, so it seems a wee bit premature to characterize the situation as a pathetic, misinformed, contemptuous "debacle."

This thing has all the makings of a quantum leap for consumer UAVs and we're gonna have a blast flying it...so...I dunno about you, but I'm not gonna let some logistical complications ruin it for me just yet

They've always stated that units would be shipped out on a first come first served basis. Being inundated with orders wouldn't make a jot of a difference to that, it would just mean they wouldn't be able to service the additional unexpected demand.

The fact that NO units have been shipped and a strange leaked message from Ken on the DJI forum states that all new Mavic advertising campaigns are to be suspended suggests heavily that there's either a technical or legal problem (trademark?) holding up the Mavic.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
gee talk about "first world problems"
if this is the extent of your problems then you must be living a very privileged life.
or
If you really expected that something that was always going to be very popular with a huge uptake, to be delivered into your hand on day 1, then perhaps you are just a fool.
I ordered mine within an hour of release, and now i can just sit back and relax knowing Ill be flying this impressive looking machine before Christmas

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929