DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks DJI ... Goodbye

Serial numbers on the Mavics are going to be fun to data mine. I'm wondering how many of these were actually pre-ordered? I'm betting DJI was guessing "quite a few" but got blown away by the actual numbers. They're just not good at the p.r. of letting people know where they are in line (i.e. wait-time). I've waited longer for other things. God forbid the OP ever helps out with a Kickstarter campaign.

Reactions: John Locke
As soon as I saw the Mavic announcement, I got super excited, listed and sold my Phantom 4 right away and ordered the Mavic on the same day it was announced. Waiting 2-3 weeks was bearable being droneless. I had lots of plans for the phantom 4 that I had to put on hold. Now with the failed promises, lies and lack of information is just plain unprofessional!! It was getting annoying With the pointless universal copy and paste replies from all the customer support and now The official email from DJI "We will give you an update but we will not tell you anything... " What the heck!!! I hope tons of people start demanding refunds, I know I will by end of the week... It's a huge slap in the face not because of the delays, but because you take all our money and then treat this like a biggest secret in the world, like we are trying to get info from the pentagon, as if we are unconviniencing you by doing us a huge favor or something. This is exactly how your customers drop like flies. Lastly I'm sure this was forseen, and yet it was still presented with all these promises, just to stick it to GoPro and take customers from them. I'll be demanding my refund by end of this week, I suggest many do the same, this is the only way DJI will improve ...

You ok mate? Some of us are ok with this as D(elayed)JI has done this a few times with the exception of the P4.
I see why you feel a little tarnished. Bought your P4 with a back pack and 3 batteries a month ago only to have it was superseded by something not only better but cheaper. You then offloaded it for cheap on Scumtree or Craigslist and now can't fly. First world issues I guess. Just relax for a moment and think that there are people that are probably worse off then you out there. It pains me to hear that there are few phantom pilots that are wheelchair bound and how getting airborne makes them feel free again. Just think how a person does a compass dance in a wheel chair or how they bend over to pick up their phantoms. Maybe close your eyes and grab a Phantom controller and see whats it like flying blind.
Enjoy what you have. Be patient.

As soon as I saw the Mavic announcement, I got super excited, listed and sold my Phantom 4 right away and ordered the Mavic on the same day it was announced. Waiting 2-3 weeks was bearable being droneless. I had lots of plans for the phantom 4 that I had to put on hold. Now with the failed promises, lies and lack of information is just plain unprofessional!! It was getting annoying With the pointless universal copy and paste replies from all the customer support and now The official email from DJI "We will give you an update but we will not tell you anything... " What the heck!!! I hope tons of people start demanding refunds, I know I will by end of the week... It's a huge slap in the face not because of the delays, but because you take all our money and then treat this like a biggest secret in the world, like we are trying to get info from the pentagon, as if we are unconviniencing you by doing us a huge favor or something. This is exactly how your customers drop like flies. Lastly I'm sure this was forseen, and yet it was still presented with all these promises, just to stick it to GoPro and take customers from them. I'll be demanding my refund by end of this week, I suggest many do the same, this is the only way DJI will improve ...

So... you sold one without having another. If you really can't afford to keep both, I get it. But, if you can't buy one till you sell one, you are living on a shoestring budget and might want to rethink your financial situation. There is another possibility that you wanted to dump your P4 in order to get maximum value for it before no one wants it anymore.

If you wanted the Mavic, but couldn't afford both, you should have waited. If you can't afford the Mavic until you sold your P4, maybe droning should be put on hiatus for a while. If you wanted to get maximum $$$ for your P4, then just shut up and stop whining. Suck it up and wait for the Mavic, or don't. Whining does nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: fakbik
Such whining. "This is why I don't give my money and wait, this is why I wait then give my money."

If you think preorder shipping times are set in stone, and laws that not even God would dare break: wow. Either way, waiting on shipping if your funds are already allocated for the purchase isn't going to get in the way, especially for a hot item that's going to be shipped out first come first served. How much interest were you really going to collect given even a month delay?

Do you really think there's a chance in hell DJI is not going to honor your purchase? Has that been an issue yet?

If they didn't honor your purchase, do you believe your bank would not return the funds and pursue them for fraud? Who owns a visa/mastercard/etc w/o fraud protection these days? If you do, get a real bank.

I mean seriously, you guys are acting like its the end of the world. If you made a decision to sell your drone and buy a new one that hasn't even landed stateside, you lost that gamble. If you really needed it, then you wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) have made it. If you really didn't need it, then you're just being a brat upset because they can't play with their new toy as soon as they hoped.

I saw the delay, and am thinking oh well, I ordered through B&H who are not even going to bother shipping until the 28th because of Sukkot (something tells me Adorama is in the same boat here). Hell the stores won't even have them until a few days later.

You could try and remain hopeful, and believe that end of month/early november dates are still achievable despite the shipping delay. (Apple has been able to do this w/ fast international shipping from china right before expected release dates). You could accept it and think, well, november isnt that long, and there's a chance you might have to wait a little longer, or you can fan the flames of pointless fear and paranoia like those of whom haven't even purchased it but are still complaining.

Even if DJI did what they did to screw over GoPro's Karma, I'm glad they did, because I'd rather wait a little more for a clearly better and more portable drone. So honestly, I'm happy they released a sneak peak because I was tempted by the karma until DJI gave me a reason to wait for their event.

I agree with the OP! If you ordered before Sept. 29th (around noon) , don't take this crap from DJI! Cancel your order! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: fakbik
I totally disagree!I'm keeping my preorder until I receive my Mavic no matter how long it takes. Even if I'm still waiting on my deathbed 40 years from now. I'll pass my order number down generation to generation until my great great great grandchild finally gets to fly the Mavic Pro! All joking aside. The Mavic is going to be awesome and the wait is definitely worth it! If you cancel I hope you don't end up regretting it. But I'm sure you can just pick one up in store later

You seem to be a politician's dream....

Such whining. "This is why I don't give my money and wait, this is why I wait then give my money."

If you think preorder shipping times are set in stone, and laws that not even God would dare break: wow. Either way, waiting on shipping if your funds are already allocated for the purchase isn't going to get in the way, especially for a hot item that's going to be shipped out first come first served. How much interest were you really going to collect given even a month delay?

Do you really think there's a chance in hell DJI is not going to honor your purchase? Has that been an issue yet?

If they didn't honor your purchase, do you believe your bank would not return the funds and pursue them for fraud? Who owns a visa/mastercard/etc w/o fraud protection these days? If you do, get a real bank.

I mean seriously, you guys are acting like its the end of the world. If you made a decision to sell your drone and buy a new one that hasn't even landed stateside, you lost that gamble. If you really needed it, then you wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) have made it. If you really didn't need it, then you're just being a brat upset because they can't play with their new toy as soon as they hoped.

I saw the delay, and am thinking oh well, I ordered through B&H who are not even going to bother shipping until the 28th because of Sukkot (something tells me Adorama is in the same boat here). Hell the stores won't even have them until a few days later.

You could try and remain hopeful, and believe that end of month/early november dates are still achievable despite the shipping delay. (Apple has been able to do this w/ fast international shipping from china right before expected release dates). You could accept it and think, well, november isnt that long, and there's a chance you might have to wait a little longer, or you can fan the flames of pointless fear and paranoia like those of whom haven't even purchased it but are still complaining.

Even if DJI did what they did to screw over GoPro's Karma, I'm glad they did, because I'd rather wait a little more for a clearly better and more portable drone. So honestly, I'm happy they released a sneak peak because I was tempted by the karma until DJI gave me a reason to wait for their event.

Best post I've ever read! Finally someone said it!

Exactly! After seeing GoPro's Karma video...I was like, "GoPro...take my money!!!" But after seeing the Mavic Pro video shortly thereafter, I was like, "DJI...take my money!!!".

Well...it wasn't exactly like that, but the bottom line is that if DJI didn't release their Mavic Pro information at that time, I would've pre-ordered Karma. Thanks DJI TU:)

It's just a relatively expensive toy. No big deal. It shows your age though wanting to back out at the first hiccup. A few weeks is a blink of an eye. The time will absolutely not matter one iota once it is in your hands, I guarantee it.

As a wise man once said:

"Move b#$ch, get out the way, get out the way b#$ch, get out the way"

Cancel your order and bump mine up the queue.

Reactions: moocows42
I have no problem with DJI announcing the Mavic. What I do have a problem with is them deliberately deceiving the public with a deceptive delivery date that knew they couldn't meet. It seems pretty clear DJI had no intention or ability to deliver Mavics mid-October as they announced or, with the "factory in full swing," pre-order purchasers should be receiving shipment notifications with tracking information. Am I cancelling? No. Am I ordering a Karma? Certainly not. But this is the last time I will pre-order from DJI & they will be receiving a nastygram expressing my displeasure. They should have simply been honest and stated mid-November upfront & none of this turmoil would be happening. Apparently some people enjoy being deceived.

Exactly! After seeing GoPro's Karma video...I was like, "GoPro...take my money!!!" But after seeing the Mavic Pro video shortly thereafter, I was like, "DJI...take my money!!!".

Well...it wasn't exactly like that, but the bottom line is that if DJI didn't release their Mavic Pro information at that time, I would've pre-ordered Karma. Thanks DJI TU:)

Reactions: auen1
Only 2 ways I´d be upset with this whole situation:

1) If MAVIC performs less than what we´re seeing in the 100s of amazing reviews out there;

2) If I´d bought a KARMA and a week later DJI annoucend/released the MAVIC :p (I woudn´t buy the Karma regardless of DJI releasing the Mavic or a P5 or not, t I´m just hypothesizing here LOL).

Other than that... Yeah I´d like to fly it ASAP, it´s an exciting quad and all... But I´ve waited a lot longer for other things in my life so it´s ok, no big deal.

Can't speak for the Mavic but my stock P3 Advanced makes it 2+ miles in Baltimore.

Do you really think the "real world" range out of the box will even be 1 mile in a normal city environment? The Phantom series claimed 3.1 miles - but that was in the middle of nowhere or over water. Good luck getting it anywhere close in the real world without a mod.

Just got shipping confirmation!
Estimated delivery Saturday, Oct. 22!IMG_0025.GIF

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000