DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The beauty of Vermont (Deep woods flying, Sound design and Music)

RTKD

Reactions

This was shot with a Mavic Pro and a custom FPV rig that records with a GoPro7. The "Hypersmooth" setting on the GoPro was the last ingredient I needed to smooth my FPV footage out. Between hypersmooth, and shooting in 60FPS to slow down in post, my FPV shots are about as stable as the mavic. That's what lets me get so deep into wooded areas that would be difficult and dangerous for my DJI

The music is by a friend of mine named D.Davis. You can visit his website here

Very nice, Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: RTKD

This was shot with a Mavic Pro and a custom FPV rig that records with a GoPro7. The "Hypersmooth" setting on the GoPro was the last ingredient I needed to smooth my FPV footage out. Between hypersmooth, and shooting in 60FPS to slow down in post, my FPV shots are about as stable as the mavic. That's what lets me get so deep into wooded areas that would be difficult and dangerous for my DJI

The music is by a friend of mine named D.Davis. You can visit his website here
i’ve been in the desert for several years and really miss all the green,very nice.

Reactions: Bobvt and RTKD
I love the FPV view . . . have you ever locked the gimbal on the MP and tried flying like FPV? I'm thinking about trying that to see how the footage would look. Not as maneuverable as your FPV but still I'm curious.

Reactions: RTKD and Bill combs
@Skywatcher2001 I haven't tried that mode strangely enough. I was thinking about that just the other day because I'd like to get some larger sweeping shots that way since the Mavic's range is way better than my FPV rig.

It's kinda weird going back and forth between the two. Compared to my FPV quad the Mavic has killer range and steady reliability, but it handles like it's thinking about taking suggestions from you, maybe. The FPV rig can read your mind, but I'm in constant fear of system failure and signal loss. I'm not the best builder you could say :)

but it handles like it's thinking about taking suggestions from you, maybe.
You know what will help that? ATTI Mode (Attitude Mode). It turn's off GPS and wouldn't hold the aircraft in place after you let go of the sticks. You will have the benefit of inertia like your FPV . . . just a thought.

• Love
Both well done vids! Enjoyed them. Gues you flew backwards in the covered bridge?
Nope, I ran that footage backwards. There was no good exit with the trees so thick, so I flew threw, dropped it in the bushes, and walked over to retrieve the quad.

Reactions: Thomas B
You know what will help that? ATTI Mode (Attitude Mode). It turn's off GPS and wouldn't hold the aircraft in place after you let go of the sticks. You will have the benefit of inertia like your FPV . . . just a thought.
Funny you mention that, I got in and turned the switch for sport mode into a switch for ATTI, haven't really got a chance to try it yet

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I got in and turned the switch for sport mode into a switch for ATTI, haven't really got a chance to try it yet
Interesting . . .

Interesting . . .
Yeah, I'm hoping that it does just what you said and reduces air braking. It might make compound movements a little smoother and less robotic.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Yeah, I'm hoping that it does just what you said and reduces air braking. It might make compound movements a little smoother and less robotic.

Looking forward to that. Tag me when you test it and upload video . . .

excellent video mate!!! the fpv shots are really interesting!! the music is also very good. well done!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada