DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Best Gimbal Cover For Your M2P Now Available!

Ordered one on fleabay, tbh if I get on with it or not for £3 its got to be worth a punt

Just ordered and received. Not impressed.

Main thing is that there is gimbal play, once installed. Anything that moves eventually wears or develops enough momentum to break something if you drop your bag.

If you jiggle the drone with the OEM cover in place, it is very quiet. Very little movement. If you jiggle with this after market one installed there is a lot more noise. There’s movement in there. I think someone else already mentioned maybe taping a small piece of fabric in the cover to snug it up.

Install is actually harder than the OEM one. It’s not difficult, but with the DJI version that little floppy tray kind of slides under the gimbal sides and aligns everything. With this after market one you have to more carefully align the gimbal as you put this on.

Unless you really just want a one piece solution (not the floppy OEM tray), I’d stick with the DJI version.

I just received mine, and I feel the same way. I immediately went back to the OEM cover, which to me is no more difficult to install and offers much more protection.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I had mentioned in post#7 that I would add some protective material to the cradle areas and at the bottom of the camera.
The cover fits perfect without any rattling of the gimbal or camera. It is still easier to place on than the OEM cover in my opinion.
My small little modification to the cover is simply all you need.
gc2.jpg

gc1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicrimo
I had mentioned in post#7 that I would add some protective material to the cradle areas and at the bottom of the camera.
The cover fits perfect without any rattling of the gimbal or camera. It is still easier to place on than the OEM cover in my opinion.
My small little modification to the cover is simply all you need to do.
View attachment 52747

View attachment 52748

Nice suggestion. What is the material that you cut and placed there. Care to share? I may order this from China for $3 and wait a month or order it for $8 from US and wait a week. I may order from China only because I am in no immediate need for it right now.

Nice suggestion. What is the material that you cut and placed there. Care to share? I may order this from China for $3 and wait a month or order it for $8 from US and wait a week. I may order from China only because I am in no immediate need for it right now.
Sure! I purchased this roll a year ago. Unfortunately it is more than you will ever need for this mod, but has many other uses such as insulating electronics during repairs.
You will have to cut it to fit between the two rails of each point of contact inside the cover.
For the bottom where the camera sits, you will need to double the tape in that area.
I am sure there are other products out there that will do just as well, but the 1mm thickness is the maximum that I recommend.
E32C4DBE-D9B9-4BBA-8C6F-842987C09ED1.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/LBY-Sponge-S...-spons&keywords=adhesive+foam+tape+thin&psc=1

Reactions: PetitFrereArmada
I ordered the:

Accessories Bundle Set for Use with DJI Mavic 2 Pro Combo Lens Cap Hood Sun Shade Camera Cover Protector Landing Gear Guard Protective Bubble Remote Controller Clip Accessory (4 Pack)

from F/Stop Labs (via Amazon) and the shipment arrived yesterday.

First, their gimbal cover is a LOT more well-designed than the stock cover and, it's only one piece. Goes on easily and holds the gimbal completely securely (or at least as far as I can tell.) (Photos below)

Also, the joystick lock is better than the two I've had previously because it actually stays ON the RC, not flop around and fall off. Plus, there's extra plastic designed to protect the LCD face, too.

KB

Attachments

• fstop-gimbal-protector_03.jpg
    fstop-gimbal-protector_03.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 66
  • fstop-gimbal-protector_01.jpg
    fstop-gimbal-protector_01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • fstop-gimbal-protector_02.jpg
    fstop-gimbal-protector_02.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: Drone Master
I ordered and received the Zoom version. I general, I like the design better than stock. But I have one problem. Once it is clicked in place, the little tab that you must press to "unlock" it is too short to press with my finger. I have to use my fingernail to press very hard to get it to unlock. Sometimes I have to use a small screw driver to press the tiny part of the tab that is exposed. This makes it much more difficult to remove than the stock one.

FYI, after looking at the photos, it looks like the Pro version of the cover has a bigger and longer tab. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
Here is a photo that mlash posted earlier in this thread. It clearly shows what I am talking about. It looks like the tab on the Pro version is much easier to use than the Zoom version. I'm thinking of sending mine back... :(

gimbal guard.JPG

I ordered the:

Accessories Bundle Set for Use with DJI Mavic 2 Pro Combo Lens Cap Hood Sun Shade Camera Cover Protector Landing Gear Guard Protective Bubble Remote Controller Clip Accessory (4 Pack)

from F/Stop Labs (via Amazon) and the shipment arrived yesterday.

First, their gimbal cover is a LOT more well-designed than the stock cover and, it's only one piece. Goes on easily and holds the gimbal completely securely (or at least as far as I can tell.) (Photos below)

Also, the joystick lock is better than the two I've had previously because it actually stays ON the RC, not flop around and fall off. Plus, there's extra plastic designed to protect the LCD face, too.

KB

I am guessing that holder is exactly the same as this one on ebay. I think I will buy this and see.

sO57sHM.jpg

I used a small piece of Velcro, the fuzzy side.

Like the original cover, it just takes practice but I think you’ll find it does go on easier and quicker once you get the hang of it.

KB

I just ordered one of those right now for $6.39 on Ebay. Looking forward to receiving it.

I hope it works better them the original dji one which scratches the top of my gimbal.

Reactions: Drone Master

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin