DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The DJI and their BIG FAT LIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed!!! It's time to move on from this and let the OP figure this one out on his own, way too much whining going on. Most of us went though this last year and don't need a repeat. This is likely a case of someone new joining this forum and not taking a moment or two to read through some of the prior threads that give repeated warning(s) of the same problems that have driven many members crazy.

I remember 4th Qtr of 2016. It was the dark times for us-wanabe-pilots. The Mavic Pro launch - it was the rage. FleaBay was flooded with Mavics twice the price. Customers ordering a day or 2 after release and not seeing their Mavic's 4 months later. Many just gave up, some even lost money due to exchange rates, others cancelled their credit cards... There was name calling, hair pulling and even threats of boycotting DJI and buying Karmas (lol).
It's not that we don't care about the OP's rant, its just that we are used to DJI's methodology - DJI (currently) knows how good their **** is and they don't really care. Hopefully they dont become too complacent and end up like our Nordic pals Nokia.

Reactions: ondrej and BigAl07
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Reactions: brad_rector
I remember 4th Qtr of 2016. It was the dark times for us-wanabe-pilots. The Mavic Pro launch - it was the rage. FleaBay was flooded with Mavics twice the price. Customers ordering a day or 2 after release and not seeing their Mavic's 4 months later. Many just gave up, some even lost money due to exchange rates, others cancelled their credit cards... There was name calling, hair pulling and even threats of boycotting DJI and buying Karmas (lol).
It's not that we don't care about the OP's rant, its just that we are used to DJI's methodology - DJI (currently) knows how good their **** is and they don't really care. Hopefully they dont become too complacent and end up like our Nordic pals Nokia.

Or Harley Davidson.

Reactions: BigAl07
If it ever stops raining we're gonna fly them side by side this weekend and see if he wasted $100. (I'm thinking that he did!)

It all depends if the slightly quieter and slightly more run time are worth it.

IMHO probably not worth selling the MP to buy the MPP but if buying for the first time I'd say opt for the MPP. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Hilarious! I honestly can't figure out why he's 1. Buying a Platinum if he already has a Mavic, 2. If he has a reason to want a second Mavic, why not just bounce into BB and get another one and 3. How he came to the $1500 number until I saw that he used Affirm...yeah all kinds of win there.

I do understand frustration with ordering something and not getting it, though. I've waited for Harleys and my car was almost 6 months late. If you want the newest, latest and best...sometimes you wait. My brother got his yesterday, if you have $1500 cash, he said he'll sell it to you! Hahaha!

If it ever stops raining we're gonna fly them side by side this weekend and see if he wasted $100. (I'm thinking that he did!)

I received the mavic pro one week before the platinum announced, so I returned the mavic pro and while I was waiting for the refund, the platinum was out of stock.
So I don’t have the mavic pro and yes, I’m new to all these.

I will write it one more time. Yes, waiting is ok. Lies are not.
I decide to open this thread, not because I had to wait but because the DJI representative started saying bs to me and because of the marketing tricks that they’re using like the “In Stock” status while it can be “Preorder” or the “10-15 days waiting to ship” while they don’t include the weekends.

I’m not here to find a solution. I’m here to let people what’s going on.
I don’t accept this kind of treatment when I pay of $1500, for the fly more combo and yes, paid through affirm. How much cheaper is without affirm? $100?? It doesn’t make it way cheaper.

And regarding the not so nice messages to MSG9500, its because he doesn’t get it that I have the right to feel somehow when I’m expecting from a company to treat me with respect while I’m buying their products.
He just coming back again and again to convince me to “obey” to dji rules and tactics.
No I will not!!!

Reactions: Rnl

IMHO probably not worth selling the MP to buy the MPP but if buying for the first time I'd say opt for the MPP. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Oh yea first time buyers for sure! My brother bought one. I could have gotten him 15% off the standard at BB though. They had the fly more just sitting there...about $1100... Oh well, I guess we'll see how it goes. I just can't help but think that if I spend $20 for the low noise props I'll be in good shape.

Reactions: Rnl
I received the mavic pro one week before the platinum announced, so I returned the mavic pro and while I was waiting for the refund, the platinum was out of stock.
So I don’t have the mavic pro and yes, I’m new to all these.

I will write it one more time. Yes, waiting is ok. Lies are not.
I decide to open this thread, not because I had to wait but because the DJI representative started saying bs to me and because of the marketing tricks that they’re using like the “In Stock” status while it can be “Preorder” or the “10-15 days waiting to ship” while they don’t include the weekends.

I’m not here to find a solution. I’m here to let people what’s going on.
I don’t accept this kind of treatment when I pay of $1500, for the fly more combo and yes, paid through affirm. How much cheaper is without affirm? $100?? It doesn’t make it way cheaper.

And regarding the not so nice messages to MSG9500, its because he doesn’t get it that I have the right to feel somehow when I’m expecting from a company to treat me with respect while I’m buying their products.
He just coming back again and again to convince me to “obey” to dji rules and tactics.
No I will not!!!

Ah I see. Well, I mean this in the nicest way. I totally understand where you are coming from but if I were you, I'd cancel with them. That's the best way to punish them in any case and I'd either buy another brand or I'd buy the regular Mavic for a lot less. I literally saw the standard pack for $900 the other day from a legitimate seller. B&H photo had the low noise props on their website, I ordered them. 7 days go by, where's my props? Oh now they're on back order....sigh. I cancel my order. I see them on DJI's website. Cool! I order them and wait a week or so. No props. Check my order status. Back ordered. Dang, so I cancelled my order. I'll just wait until they are in the store or forget them all together. It's really not that important. You'll be just as hell with the standard Mavic, I promise. It's available right now and cheaper! Call DJI, tell them what happened and convince them to give you 15% off the standard package. Hakuna Matata!

Reactions: Dimitri d'Athènes
We went through the same **** when ordering the Mavic Pro, I ordered in October a year ago and waited months because “the demand was higher than expected “

Reactions: Dimitri d'Athènes
Ah I see. Well, I mean this in the nicest way. I totally understand where you are coming from but if I were you, I'd cancel with them. That's the best way to punish them in any case and I'd either buy another brand or I'd buy the regular Mavic for a lot less. I literally saw the standard pack for $900 the other day from a legitimate seller. B&H photo had the low noise props on their website, I ordered them. 7 days go by, where's my props? Oh now they're on back order....sigh. I cancel my order. I see them on DJI's website. Cool! I order them and wait a week or so. No props. Check my order status. Back ordered. Dang, so I cancelled my order. I'll just wait until they are in the store or forget them all together. It's really not that important. You'll be just as **** with the standard Mavic, I promise. It's available right now and cheaper! Call DJI, tell them what happened and convince them to give you 15% off the standard package. Hakuna Matata!

Actually I was about to call them tomorrow cause their guy in facebook, he was trying to call me liar (check previous thread on topic) and then he said “ohhh, I didn’t make my self clear enough”. Its nice that they can say whatever they wanna say and then to try “make clear” themselves.

We went through the same **** when ordering the Mavic Pro, I ordered in October a year ago and waited months because “the demand was higher than expected “

Big time BS their “demands”.
They really know how high will be the demand for each product. They wanna just impress the rest by saying “They buying our products more customers than expected. YOU SHOULD BUY TOO!!!”
Big time BS marketing tactics!

I would suggest you just “zip it”. Your tone often changes from post to post and your impetuous, often unkind responses will not get you the sort of warm/helpful response you’re you’re seeking from members on this forum. Trying taking a breather, perhaps better known as a “timeout”.

If I understand your post, you are upset that DJI took your money for the Mavic Platinum, told you it was in-stock but were then told it was not in stock and would be a month before it was sent out.

Here are the simple answer...

You are correct.

Now... here are your options...

Hit the cancel button to get your money back. You can then either not order the Platinum or, wait for it to be in-stock and order it then. Yes, DJI lied to you but you have a way to put yourself right back into the position you were before you ordered... and now you know the truth. So really, there was no harm done. Complaining that DJI has your money and has not shipped the product is not a valid complaint as you can simply have your money returned and order once it's in stock. If you don't like that DJI lied, simply stop doing business with them.

Of course it's fine to complain about the situation. No problem.

Reactions: BigAl07

I'm debating weather or not to even buy the MP or the MPP. I hoping they release a better camera in the spring. Not counting on it, just wishful thinking

I would suggest you just “zip it”. Your tone often changes from post to post and your impetuous, often unkind responses will not get you the sort of warm/helpful response you’re you’re seeking from members on this forum. Trying taking a breather, perhaps better known as a “timeout”.

Zip it? Seriously??
My tone often change depending on who I’m talking to and so far was only one member that my responds was “impetuous often unkind” and seems that you gonna be the second one.
And it was unkind cause he was unkind with the way I felt and was supporting DJI’s tactics, strangely too much, trying to make me seem that I was too sensitive.
I’m seeking nothing from the members of the forum. I just let them know my experience with DJI but at the same time I may learn something, through somebody’s else experience.
And probably was an older topic, similar to this one with previous releases but if you read carefully, people felt the same way I did and they wrote their experience, maybe for first time, maybe not.
I’m not here to fight, I’m here to inform maybe for something that people went through before with previous releases but at the same time, probably something change recently and maybe take advantage of it.
I didn’t said to noone to “zip it”. If you interested to read the thread you are more than welcome but you will not shut me down on how I feel against DJI’s tactics.
So you suggest me to “zip it”, or what?
Oh, I forgot...I’m the one with the “impetuous often unkind”.
I guess you are the “other guy”!!!

Ok we get it and I see no reason to keep on with this .
It's going nowhere . Wait get a refund or whatever .
Good luck to you but this is

CLOSED
3naGP1L.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member