DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The DJI and their BIG FAT LIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
DJI’s “In Stock” status, actually means “GIVE US YOUR MONEY, WE DON’T HAVE OUR PRODUCTS”.
One month ago, I ordered the mavic pro. It took only 3 days to received it. I returned it and get refunded, because I was planing to get the Mavic Pro Platinum. I finally place the order, after it was “out of stock” for a month and maybe more. It’s 4 days now while the status is “In Process”.
The customer support telling me that it will take 10-15 days for payment confirmation. I was in the chat, telling them that they’re lying cause I paid with the very same way I paid the Mavic Pro, through Affirm.
Then, they told me “is in high demand”.
Then they told me that it’s also 10-15 days “shipping time frame”.
Then they told me 3-5 for me to receive it.
And the biggest joke (among all the rest), they told me “please do not include Saturdays and Sundays”.
You guys, DJI, you are a joke and I paid you already $1500.
See below those jokers

ab05be7b9700b3c423de646e5c4aa0be.jpg

1ee180af5cba0a5a765c3ea2eef081ad.jpg

05d7fbbdf82e9f6cda4acb2fa087ad3a.jpg

0c1ce4ac3593466ca2497ccef526d080.jpg

A few points.
First:
Having a business with many people who work and interact with customers and issues, being rude and angry to the customer representative is uncivil.
They are typically the first line of interaction and have limited ability to do anything to move the problem up the ladder of command.

Additionally, sarcasm and derogatory comments will not get you anywhere.

Second:
You clearly misunderstood what she responded and acted on your error. The conversation notes that
the item ships 15 days after payment is confirmed. Payment confirmation, if done by PayPal is typically 1 day.
The representative is clear in her comment. After payment confirmation, (typically one day), there is a 15 day delay.

They do have a 15 day backlog of orders. So, check the website. If you order shows payment confirmed, add about 2 weeks and the item ship. In my experience, the item shipped before that time span.

Third:
Although ordering an item and having to wait for it is clearly frustrating, this is common practice with overseas orders. Some companies only charge after the item ships. However, ordering from China is different. They will alway take payment and then you await shipment.

Fourth:
The delay has been discussed and noted on multiple threads. I think it is somewhat disingenuous for you to claim that you are surprised at the delay.

Everyone is frustrated when there is a delay. Civility and correct presentation of the facts will get you more assistance than telling a representative DJI is a joke and you are "done with you."

First of all, is not you that paid $1500 and they lying to your face.
Second, you see only parts of the conversation and trust me, I have enough patience but I’m the customer. I’m the one who paid for something and I have nothing. So being pissed off while she changing 3-4 times her words compared on what she already told me at the beginning, I will get pissed off!
Second, no, it’s you that misunderstood the conversation because as I already told you, you see parts of it. She first told me that the payment process takes 10-15 days, while when I ordered the mavic pro, they send the package the very next day. I paid with Affirm in both cases.
In their website, in both cases it was saying “In Stock”. I received the Mavic Pro, within 3 days only!
Third, what overseas you’re talking about? The Mavic Pro came from Atlanta if I remember right. And for sure it doesn’t take 3 days to receive it, if they send it from China.
The representative never mention overseas or “backlog of orders”. They told me it takes 10-15 days the payment process while I paid with the very same way, through the very same website (DJI’s website). If you believe that that the mavic pro is coming from Atlanta but the platinum from China, and the payment for the mavic pro is going through right away but for the platinum it takes 10-15 days, well, I’m telling you that they didn’t mention both cases either.
And fourth, delays are ok and very normal. But when you buy the one order from a company and takes 3 days to get it and then you order another product, which is new and it was “Out Of Stock” for more than one month, and suddenly it says “In Stock”, and you order it and they telling you one million excuses, then you normally suspecting that is NOT IN STOCK, but it’s a pre-order.
Pre-orders are fine and welcome.
Excuse after excuse after excuse, are not welcome because seems like lies.
And no, I’m not frustrated with the delays cause I cannot do anything about it. But I’m getting very annoyed with lies.
But tell me something....you support them so so much, while it’s me who paid $1500 for something (as I mention already), and I have nothing else than full of excuses from a joker representative who was changed her excuses couple times, and a very loyal supporter (you) of DJI.
So, you’re working for them, right? It’s ok to admit it cause you know, no customer is perfect, but no company is perfect either. Civility was fine but don’t tell me about facts. I mention already the facts!!
3 days for Mavic Pro to get delivered from the day I order it, and for the platinum 10-15 for payment process, 10-15 days for shipping process, 3-4 days doe delivery...all above, without including Saturdays and Sundays. Those are the facts cause this is what they said so.
Unless if in your mind, “customer support” means that customers have to be polite and civil and accept the lies of each joker representative and company.

Reactions: BIGDAVE
First of all, is not you that paid $1500 and they lying to your face.
Second, you see only parts of the conversation and trust me, I have enough patience but I’m the customer. I’m the one who paid for something and I have nothing. So being pissed off while she changing 3-4 times her words compared on what she already told me at the beginning, I will get pissed off!
Second, no, it’s you that misunderstood the conversation because as I already told you, you see parts of it. She first told me that the payment process takes 10-15 days, while when I ordered the mavic pro, they send the package the very next day. I paid with Affirm in both cases.
In their website, in both cases it was saying “In Stock”. I received the Mavic Pro, within 3 days only!
Third, what overseas you’re talking about? The Mavic Pro came from Atlanta if I remember right. And for sure it doesn’t take 3 days to receive it, if they send it from China.
The representative never mention overseas or “backlog of orders”. They told me it takes 10-15 days the payment process while I paid with the very same way, through the very same website (DJI’s website). If you believe that that the mavic pro is coming from Atlanta but the platinum from China, and the payment for the mavic pro is going through right away but for the platinum it takes 10-15 days, well, I’m telling you that they didn’t mention both cases either.
And fourth, delays are ok and very normal. But when you buy the one order from a company and takes 3 days to get it and then you order another product, which is new and it was “Out Of Stock” for more than one month, and suddenly it says “In Stock”, and you order it and they telling you one million excuses, then you normally suspecting that is NOT IN STOCK, but it’s a pre-order.
Pre-orders are fine and welcome.
Excuse after excuse after excuse, are not welcome because seems like lies.
And no, I’m not frustrated with the delays cause I cannot do anything about it. But I’m getting very annoyed with lies.
But tell me something....you support them so so much, while it’s me who paid $1500 for something (as I mention already), and I have nothing else than full of excuses from a joker representative who was changed her excuses couple times, and a very loyal supporter (you) of DJI.
So, you’re working for them, right? It’s ok to admit it cause you know, no customer is perfect, but no company is perfect either. Civility was fine but don’t tell me about facts. I mention already the facts!!
3 days for Mavic Pro to get delivered from the day I order it, and for the platinum 10-15 for payment process, 10-15 days for shipping process, 3-4 days doe delivery...all above, without including Saturdays and Sundays. Those are the facts cause this is what they said so.
Unless if in your mind, “customer support” means that customers have to be polite and civil and accept the lies of each joker representative and company.
DIMITRI IM WITH YOU. when you get the shipping numbers etc look at the shipped from location. I iad the same problem with the new props but the thing that got my goat is they were "IN STOCK" THE WHOLE TIME IN VA U.S.A!!!

Wow, anger and hostility does not transpose to brevity and clarity of thought.

Items shipped from China are unloaded in the US, go through customs, and then are shipped from a local site. The shipped from location has nothing to do with the stock.

When you buy a cell phone from Samsung, it doesn't have a South Korea shipping manifest.

And, as a final note, if this venting makes you feel better, I'm happy for you. Good bye.

Items shipped from China are unloaded in the US, go through customs, and then are shipped from a local site. The shipped from location has nothing to do with the stock.

When you buy a cell phone from Samsung, it doesn't have a South Korea shipping manifest.

And, as a final note, if this venting makes you feel better, I'm happy for you. Good bye.

WoW, you’re too wise. I guess when you go to a restaurant, you order but you see everyone else to get their order but you, you don’t ask or you don’t complain to the server. And if you do, and they’re telling you “oh sorry sir, your food is “In Progress”, you know, we are a bit busy”, you don’t get upset. You just accept the “fact” that they are busy for you but not for everybody else.

Well, guess what...I’m of the “”other guy”. When I pay for something or even worst, when I paid for something and I’m not getting it, but instead of what I paid, I’m cheap excuses, I’m getting upset.

But not with you wise man. Why you think I’m hostile and angry with you? Because I told you is not me wrong as you said so, but it’s you wrong, cause of my facts??

If you feel I’m hostile and angry with you just because I don’t support DJI as you blindly you do, then I have bad new for you:
you’re too sensitive to take part to this thread, and the worst thing is that DJI probably they lying with the “In Stock” status.
My apologies!! I hope I didn’t ruin your life!!! [emoji41]

Reactions: zman99
It said "In stock" also for me, however I got an email saying "out of stock" but they did discount me %50 on my extra battery purchase and I only waited 2 more weeks.I figured that worldwide demand can often outpace production. So all in all it worked out.

In the DJI Store, you'll see an estimated ship date below the buy button for every product. The fact that the buy button is available only means the product can be ordered. You shouldn't expect the ordered product to shipped until the stated time frame. I've ordered many things from the DJI Store and usually find the time frame to be pretty accurate. It's sometimes a bit off for brand new aircraft/accessories though. This is how the DJI Store has been operating for the past couple of years, so it really shouldn't be new to anyone unless it's their first purchase.

You can always get a refund and take your business else where. I'm not happy that I preorder and there was a date of the 25th which it did not ship but I'm going to wait because dji has the best prosumer drone out there on the market.

Reactions: hoggdoc and BigAl07
You can always get a refund and take your business else where. I'm not happy that I preorder and there was a date of the 25th which it did not ship but I'm going to wait because dji has the best prosumer drone out there on the market.

Top tier dealers will continue to receive them in regularly, find your local dealers and support those you can rely on for service. Safe flying! :cool:

YUP AND WHEN SAMSUNG SELLS SOMETHING THEY ACTUALLY HAVE IT IN STOCK WHEN THEY SAY THEY DO AND WHEN YOU WILL HAVE IT NOT MAKE YOU WAIT 3 WEEKS OR MORE TO RECIEVE IT FROM A FEW STATES AWAY WHEN THEY CLAIM TO HAVE IT IN HAND FURTHERMORE IF YOU WANT TO VENT ON OUR CONVERSATION KINDLY TAKE IT ELSE WHERE HIM AND MYSELF WERE SIMPLY STATING A FACT THAT ALL OF US ARE FRUSTRATED ABOUT.I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS FOR US TO HELP ONE ANOTHER AND TALK ABOUT OUR FRUSTRATIONS NOT ATTACK ONE ANOTHER THANK YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
IM HAPPY FOR YOU. AND I HAVE TAKEN MY BUISNESS ELSE WHERE, AND I DONT APPRECIATE YOUR ATTACK I WAS STATING MY FRUSTRATION SO IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY POSITIVE COMMENT I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU TAAKE IT ELSE WHERE. IM HERE TO POSSIBLY HELP A FELLOW FLIER OR LEND A KIND WORD WHERE NEEDED NOT HARP ON HIM FOR HIS FRUSTRATION. ITS HARD ENOUGH WITH OUT COMMENTS LIKE YOURS PERHAPS SOMEONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THIS BUT I WANT TO HELP. HAVE A GREAT DAY

Reactions: Dimitri d'Athènes
With the release of any new consumer drone from DJI it is expected that the first 2 months will undoubtedly be a constant battle between supply and demand, in the case of the Mavic Pro Platinum we are seeing that their demand for the product has increased significantly since launch and therefore they are trying to play keep up with their supply now. Understandably the company itself will definitely keep taking orders until they have exceeded their supply however that doesn't mean that you will not receive the product, it is just a matter of delay and if you are buying an item that you already know is in high demand and keeps going in and out of stock on their website than expect these delays. We are not buying Inspire 2's or Phantom 4 pro models that are shipped out almost immediately as I am sure they keep plenty of them in stock since they are not in such high demand. We are ordering a new item that was just released as in my case I pre-ordered on Sept 10th and was told expect shipping October 23rd. So there is not point in me getting heated and demanding that they ship it now as the expected shipping date will not change regardless of my hollering. Surely a multi billion dollar company like DJI really doesn't give a rats *** about a few refunded or cancelled orders as they are going to keep taking orders regardless. For those who are really impatient I would recommend wait until Mid-late November and go walk in to your local Best Buy and buy it from them so you can walk out with your product in hand.

With the release of any new consumer drone from DJI it is expected that the first 2 months will undoubtedly be a constant battle between supply and demand, in the case of the Mavic Pro Platinum we are seeing that their demand for the product has increased significantly since launch and therefore they are trying to play keep up with their supply now. Understandably the company itself will definitely keep taking orders until they have exceeded their supply however that doesn't mean that you will not receive the product, it is just a matter of delay and if you are buying an item that you already know is in high demand and keeps going in and out of stock on their website than expect these delays. We are not buying Inspire 2's or Phantom 4 pro models that are shipped out almost immediately as I am sure they keep plenty of them in stock since they are not in such high demand. We are ordering a new item that was just released as in my case I pre-ordered on Sept 10th and was told expect shipping October 23rd. So there is not point in me getting heated and demanding that they ship it now as the expected shipping date will not change regardless of my hollering. Surely a multi billion dollar company like DJI really doesn't give a rats *** about a few refunded or cancelled orders as they are going to keep taking orders regardless. For those who are really impatient I would recommend wait until Mid-late November and go walk in to your local Best Buy and buy it from them so you can walk out with your product in hand.
Why would i
Why would I want to wait when they tell me they are in STOCK? I SAVE MYSELF THE HASSLE OF DRIVING 80 MILES to get something that should be here in a week. You guys are unbelievable everyone has a comment but when it comes to them the whole world is falling down.

Reactions: Dimitri d'Athènes
Well regardless DJI's expected shipping date for the MPP when stated in stock on their website is going to be roughly 20-25 days. This will most likely be the case until December at least. Therefore see if you can find a local dealer until then I am sure BestBuy and most big name stores will also start carrying it mid-late November. The reason DJI is so backed up is most probably due to the fact that they need to ship out the big orders to the big stores while simultaneously shipping our single orders so yeah expect to wait 20 days or more at least. See if any local dealers have them in stock yet. It is going to be difficult at this point as people who even pre-ordered are still waiting to receive their units as well.

Last edited:

Yes, I can take my business elsewhere and yes, dji has good quality products, but...

1st, do they have the best products?
2nd, do they have the best customer support?
3rd, do I have to accept the fact that they say “In Stock” but probably they mean “We will take your money, but our products actually are not in stock”???
4th, do I have to shut-up when I paid already for something but they are not ready with the product?

And one last question: do you think that me, you and I everybody else that spending their time by reading and writing to this thread, we could be reading and writing something more useful IF...
If dji instead of “In Stock”, they should write “Preorder Now”.

Come on guys, do you think thay dji are so stupid? Its so obvious as ******* annoying, that THEY WANT OUR MONEY, because THEY ARE NOT READY to ship the product.

If you legit, when you have something in stock, you write “IN STOCK”. If you have financial issues, you still write “In Stock”, but nope, it’s not in stock!!!

And just because DJI used to do this and that with the delays and the timeframes, you accepting it as a STANDARD.

So lets say for example I own DJI, and I’m ready to release my very first drone. Everybody are exited because everybody knows that it will be an awesome drone. And I place it on my website as “In Stock” and everybody is buying it....so you’re telling me that if I will start shipping the drone after one year, on the second drone that I will be ready to release, you gonna say “Oooooh, dji has one year time frame for shipping so you should not wait anything earlier.”
Just because dji used to trick customer with their time frame, we have to accept it like this, just because we can also take our business elsewhere but we will not, because “they are the best”.
You must be kidding me right?
Are you often paying for something and you just sit and wait when the company will be ready with their timeframes???
I really don’t think so!!!
Facts:
Mavic Pro “In Stock”....delivered in 3 days.
Mavic Pro Platinum “In Stock”.....shut up and wait!!

Really!???

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: All or nothing
YUP AND WHEN SAMSUNG SELLS SOMETHING THEY ACTUALLY HAVE IT IN STOCK WHEN THEY SAY THEY DO AND WHEN YOU WILL HAVE IT NOT MAKE YOU WAIT 3 WEEKS OR MORE TO RECIEVE IT FROM A FEW STATES AWAY WHEN THEY CLAIM TO HAVE IT IN HAND FURTHERMORE IF YOU WANT TO VENT ON OUR CONVERSATION KINDLY TAKE IT ELSE WHERE HIM AND MYSELF WERE SIMPLY STATING A FACT THAT ALL OF US ARE FRUSTRATED ABOUT.I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS FOR US TO HELP ONE ANOTHER AND TALK ABOUT OUR FRUSTRATIONS NOT ATTACK ONE ANOTHER THANK YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

IM HAPPY FOR YOU. AND I HAVE TAKEN MY BUISNESS ELSE WHERE, AND I DONT APPRECIATE YOUR ATTACK I WAS STATING MY FRUSTRATION SO IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY POSITIVE COMMENT I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU TAAKE IT ELSE WHERE. IM HERE TO POSSIBLY HELP A FELLOW FLIER OR LEND A KIND WORD WHERE NEEDED NOT HARP ON HIM FOR HIS FRUSTRATION. ITS HARD ENOUGH WITH OUT COMMENTS LIKE YOURS PERHAPS SOMEONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THIS BUT I WANT TO HELP. HAVE A GREAT DAY

I did not attack you.

Reactions: MGS9500
If you don't want to wait, then cancel the order. Why the tirade...

As others have said, it states clearly on the store page how long you should expect before it will ship.

You should actually be celebrating if this is the first confusing conversation you have had with a customer service representative.

I post the first thread to DJI’s facebook page, mentioning that the agent told me that it will take 10-15 days for the payment confirmation.

As I mention above, the screenshots are not the whole conversation and it’s easy to understand because you don’t see the agent or me saying hi, you don’t see the agent asking me the reason that I wanna talk with them, you just see the conversation straight to the point.

So here is their reply:

8b7ec73d332d120fe8c862a5a238af51.jpg

So “base on the screenshots”, the agent did not tell me that it needs 10-15 days for payment confirmation.

So I guess when I say that she DID told me that the payment confirmation will take 10-15, I am a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis