DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The DJI Mavic Delay Discussed

Well the good news is that people are now receiving their Mavic Pros. I am waiting to buy mine from a store front retailer. This will be my 3rd DJI drone. I can't wait!! It is killing me. Happy flying!

Reactions: woolvie
so far apart from a very small number of very early orders being shipped i am not seeing any signs of the delivery situation improving..

some dealers are now quoting "end of December" when ask..

what i am seeing seems to be a complete production line including shipping stoppage.. this is not looking good..

i would be happy to be put right if i am missing some relevant information but it really does look to me that mavic production for reasons unknown has stopped.. beyond the initial very small batch mavics are no longer making their way out to customers..

trog

ps.. the latest quote from Jessops UK..

• Stock for new orders expected January 2017

Last edited:
Just checked with my DJI dealer. They said shipment for them is delayed until November 30th. Apparently, 30 units were shipped to all of Canada to calm the mobs and regain some goodwill. The dealer said the Karma forced DJIs hand to announce the Mavic much earlier than scheduled to make sure GoPro did not steal too many sales.

For all those waiting, I bet you are happy DJI did this rather than you not knowing about the Mavic and buying a Karma that you surely would have regretted.

Reactions: Willem
Just checked with my DJI dealer. They said shipment for them is delayed until November 30th. Apparently, 30 units were shipped to all of Canada to calm the mobs and regain some goodwill. The dealer said the Karma forced DJIs hand to announce the Mavic much earlier than scheduled to make sure GoPro did not steal too many sales.

For all those waiting, I bet you are happy DJI did this rather than you not knowing about the Mavic and buying a Karma that you surely would have regretted.

But the Karms is SO MUCH MORE THAN A DRONE !!!!!!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:p:D:p:p:D:p

Reactions: Willem
Seems at least plausible

plausible but most certainly not acceptable.. its verging on criminal.. in my book knowingly obtaining money or goods by deception is a crime..

plus a whole bunch of retailers have been led to upset their customers (and reputation) by making claims that they cannot possibly meet..

trog

I've heard patents mentioned as an issue but I don't know if anyone has discussed the patent that GoPro's engineer filed for a folding arm drone. I apologize if this has come up already, but I haven't read the hundreds of pages on this forum. Could DJI be holding up production due to a possible patent issue with GoPro? Here's a link: GoPro's Karma drone may be inspired from this patent pending drone - PatentYogi

plausible but most certainly not acceptable.. its verging on criminal.. in my book knowingly obtaining money or goods by deception is a crime..

plus a whole bunch of retailers have been led to upset their customers (and reputation) by making claims that they cannot possibly meet..

trog
Please stand by your convictions. Don't buy or order products from DJI or you are just an accessory to the 'crime'. I'm joking of course. There are several reports on RCGroups that several thousands have shipped and based on the over 100k hits for Mavic Pro on youtube, it seems reasonable. Waiting is frustrating but if there are production issues, I'd rather they get those worked out first.

Please stand by your convictions. Don't buy or order products from DJI or you are just an accessory to the 'crime'. I'm joking of course. There are several reports on RCGroups that several thousands have shipped and based on the over 100k hits for Mavic Pro on youtube, it seems reasonable. Waiting is frustrating but if there are production issues, I'd rather they get those worked out first.

i have pretty well read nearly everything that is to be read as regards the mavic..

so far i see evidence of a small number of mavics being shipped out to very early buyers.. this happened on the 21st of October.. i also see evidence of a small number of mavic fly more packages being sent out on October 25th.. lets say less than 200 in total.. people have been very quick to report getting them..

what i dont see is any evidence of is shipments to dealers.. my own chinese RC dealer would for sure have placed their orders in pretty soon.. so far they do not have a single mavic.. this seems to apply to most if not all dealers.. they dont have any mavics and are now saying end of november or early december before they expect to see any mavics.. this information is based on what DJI have told them..

some folks are claiming thousands have been shipped.. so far it dosnt seem that way to me..

now its possible my own conclusions all based on much reading and research could be wrong.. in fact whist not liking reaching false conclusions i would be happy if i am wrong.. :)

trog

I've been sitting back quite comfortable in the fact that it would eventually ship to Australia. I bought through Rise Above and they were to be getting the first shipments. Now however, still same caned answer from Rise Above (not their fault I'm sure as it's all the info they have), but magics started arriving all over the country yesterday. obviously Australian shipping has started but Rise Above have been left out.......

At least in Australia every day is getting longer and warmer, unlike North America :(

Be glad. It's depressing here right now, though the time change this weekend will make it even worse.

Possible reason for the delay: DJI is choosing to ship the Fly More bundles first. Higher transaction value raises their quarter sales and profits. So they have to wait for the extra batteries to be made. My dealer told me the Fly More bundles will arrive first for them. Was this all that was available or what they chose to order? I am not sure.

Depends on what the bottleneck really is. Who knows at this point. I wonder if we'll ever really find out what happened / is happening

Maybe DJI will consider throwing in the "Care-Refresh" package for the troubles...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27