DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The ending of what they call legacy drones ???

Bridgerphotographer

Reactions
I think it's devastating to find that after this year our legacy drones Like a Mavric DJI Air can not be flow in places where you have spent so much money on taking courses to be able to fly your drone.

if it safety due to old age and the ware and tare. then yes I understand that, But not just because I paid well into over £2000 to get to this stage.

My drone has not even done more than 20 flights. I'm restricted from being surrounded by small airports. Bad weather. and always working.

I so would like to get my money's worth and enjoyment and some better footage when I get those skill developed.

I should be that all legacy drones should be categorized into how many flights they have done How much time in the air and their condition.

So a drone that is practically new 243 grams and above, that you have an A2 registration and done the courses. that is regarded as a legacy drone as it was made back in 2019 and should not have restrictions on a flight unless it's done more than so many hours. Perhaps have an economically affordable test like cars have an MOT on them. every 2 years.

What do you think? I really don't want to have to buy another drone!

Last edited:
Reactions: eljimb0
@Bridgerphotographer ,thanks to @Meta4,for his correct word legacy it is
and just to make you aware ,the CAA are waiting for the DOT to confirm their recommendation,that the legacy drones that we all own ,are not confined to the A3 sub category,at the end of the year ,and therefore will still be able to be flown ,as they are now
not the very restrictive 150m from anything or anyone

thats good living in a rural area or flying in an area where the nearst neighbor is 43 miles and the animals are used to it me and my drones don,t get noticed much, anyway but I,d hate to be strapped with alot of rules to see where the horses are

Reactions: Nanny Ogg and dgw22
It's pretty certain legacy will be extended for a few years or more.
Combine that with an A2CoC to allow flight within 50m and there's plenty of usage potential for a MA drone yet.

Reactions: SteveKB
I think its devastating to find that after this year our legacy drones Like a Mavric DJI Air can not be flow in places where you have spent so much money in to taking courses to be able to fly your drone.

if it safety due to old age and the ware and tare . then yes i understand that, But not just because I paid well into over £2000 to get to this stage.

My drone has not even done more than 20 flight . Im restricted from being surrounded by small airports . Bad weather . and always working.

I so would like to get my monies worth and enjoyment and some better footage when I get those skill developed.

I should be that all legacy drones should be categorized into how many flights they have done How much time in the air and their condition.

So a drone that is practically new 243 grams and above , thet you have an A2 registration and done the courses. that is regarded as a legend dron as it was made back in 2019 should not have restrictions on flight unless its done more than so many hours. Perhaps have an economical affordable test like cars have an MOT on them. every 2 years .

I don't know who told you that legacy drones are "ending." I'm not sure what that means. Yes, SUPPORT for these drones is ending, but you can still fly them. I just flew my Inspire 1 on a job today. I flew my P4P (v1) on a job last week. I have a pending job either tonight (if weather holds) or tomorrow that I plan on flying my Mavic 1. These drones are very robust and last forever if you take care of them. So continue flying your drone and enjoy it.

D

@Donnie Frank it might be everything you said in post#13 but it is also available around the world

Reactions: okw and GFields
The world is bigger than "america". This seems to confuse some Americans who just assume there's no world outside its borders.

Population of Europe about 738,000,000 vs 338,000,000 USA

.com is also not a US specific domain (that would be the .us which nobody uses)

Reactions: Gagey52 and Meta4
The world is bigger than "america". This seems to confuse some Americans who just assume there's no world outside its borders.

Population of Europe about 738,000,000 vs 338,000,000 USA

.com is also not a US specific domain (that would be the .us which nobody uses)
American owned. American operated. American moderated. If you're going to post about European problems, be specific. I'll do the same if I ever find use for a .eu site (if there even exists such a thing). I don't make the rules. Don't shoot the messenger.

D

Reactions: Frank Dracman
American owned. American operated. American moderated. If you're going to post about European problems, be specific. I'll do the same if I ever find use for a .eu site (if there even exists such a thing). I don't make the rules. Don't shoot the messenger.
The "messenger" needs to learn a lot about how the world works.
You could start by reading post #17 and thinking on it for a while.

Reactions: Gagey52
As CAA is mentioned, we're talking UK. We are no longer part of Europe (the EU), we make our own rules and regulations, don't we?

And yes, it would also very helpful if OPs mentioned their location at the start of their post so that the UK/USA confusion is not there.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I think it's devastating to find that after this year our legacy drones Like a Mavric DJI Air can not be flow in places where you have spent so much money on taking courses to be able to fly your drone.

if it safety due to old age and the ware and tare. then yes I understand that, But not just because I paid well into over £2000 to get to this stage.

My drone has not even done more than 20 flights. I'm restricted from being surrounded by small airports. Bad weather. and always working.

I so would like to get my money's worth and enjoyment and some better footage when I get those skill developed.

So a drone that is practically new 243 grams and above, that you have an A2 registration and done the courses. that is regarded as a legacy drone as it was made back in 2019 and should not have restrictions on a flight unless it's done more than so many hours. Perhaps have an economically affordable test like cars have an MOT on them. every 2 years.

Hey, I’m with ya. I’ve worked my way up from “toy” drones to “better toy drones” to finally working up to buying my MA2, and now totally bummed out to fly it because I feel more and more my hands are tied !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk