DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Era of The Big Brother Drone is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly recommend the book Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are by Seth Stevens-Davidowitz. It's pretty eye opening about just how much data is out there on you - well that and how COMPLETELY SCREWED UP the average human being is.

Rest assured, the system knows who you are, where you are, where you go, what you are buying, where you associate, and who you're having sex with. The good news for you is that your life is probably so boring the Man doesn't care. Truth be told, anytime you have any kind of a sensor which can collect data, be it visual, audio, etc and is connected either directly to the internet or to a device which is connected to the internet, it's probably accessible by someone else, some where. I recently bought a new truck and learned that hackers can track where I go in it, and can possibly take control of the vehicle. Tech provides a lot of benefits but some of the stuff done with it is truly terrifying.

It is obvious from some of the responses here that many are already resigned to being compliant serfs.
No, some of us are just better educated about what the real privacy threats are and how to manage them.

Your smartphone, or any cellphone really, the web browsers and other internet services you use, and smart home devices are all much bigger concerns than a drone.

A toy drone that I can choose not to register with my real name, and can choose whether and when I even connect it to the internet, is not a concern. And if I do connect it to the internet, I'm aware of what information it may or may not be providing to anyone and whether I care about that.

You would be better served by putting your cellphone in an old shoe box and burying it in the backyard. It's the only way you can be sure it isn't listening in on you.

Then go to a convenience store in a distant town and buy a burner phone with cash. And be sure to turn it off and remove the SIM card before you take it home. Only make phone calls from a remote location. That way "they" won't know who you are or even where you really live.

Oops. I totally mistook the nature of this thread my comment may have been out of line. [emoji16]

so much advice on privacy from the 2000s or over a decade ago. same thing i heard in 2005. those "tricks" don't work , government has long since figure out how to beat those flimsy tactics; facial recognition.

Reactions: Rangerider
so much advice on privacy from the 2000s or over a decade ago. same thing i heard in 2005. those "tricks" don't work , government has long since figure out how to beat those flimsy tactics; facial recognition.
I guess converting to Amish is your only option.

Reactions: tleedom
Or just the bury your head in the sand trick.

Considering there are billions of people in the world, it's impossible for governments to have enough manpower to monitor everyone. So, AI is used to screen and filter information through algorithm. Since the information age, the moment you were born, your name and birth details aren't manually written on a birth certificate but typed into a computer and printed. That information is stored and added to your digital-self, continuously added through out your life. If you go about your day as you've always done, the AI wouldn't flag anything that might alert a human being to look at your data. So if you wanna be paranoid, be paranoid with the fact that the moment you try to hide your whereabouts, the system will flag you as a person of interest. Then it's time to be really paranoid. It's just better to hide in plain sight that no one or system takes notice. The SWAT team won't be knocking down your front door if you flew your drone 401" for 1 minute in a remote location, with the FAA serving you a fine.
Summary, too late to hide. Just go about your day, don't actually do anything illegal that could jeopardize another human being, you won't get noticed.
If you really think about it, if homes are being monitored, how come people who commit domestic violence doesn't get flagged and the police doesn't arrest the person committing it? That's a far bigger crime that just flying your drone outside regulation.

Reactions: Rangerider
Considering there are billions of people in the world, it's impossible for governments to have enough manpower to monitor everyone. So, AI is used to screen and filter information through algorithm. Since the information age, the moment you were born, your name and birth details aren't manually written on a birth certificate but typed into a computer and printed. That information is stored and added to your digital-self, continuously added through out your life. If you go about your day as you've always done, the AI wouldn't flag anything that might alert a human being to look at your data. So if you wanna be paranoid, be paranoid with the fact that the moment you try to hide your whereabouts, the system will flag you as a person of interest. Then it's time to be really paranoid. It's just better to hide in plain sight that no one or system takes notice. The SWAT team won't be knocking down your front door if you flew your drone 401" for 1 minute in a remote location, with the FAA serving you a fine.
Summary, too late to hide. Just go about your day, don't actually do anything illegal that could jeopardize another human being, you won't get noticed.
If you really think about it, if homes are being monitored, how come people who commit domestic violence doesn't get flagged and the police doesn't arrest the person committing it? That's a far bigger crime that just flying your drone outside regulation.

Ok Comrade Ray. We'll look to the mother country Australia as a model example of how to defend our God-given rights and our freedom and liberties.

Said the person who's from a country that had one mass shooting years ago and then the government confiscated every single civilian-owned firearm overnight. Great people down under but you have no spine if you let your government do something like that. All it will take it one drone attack and since the government knows every single drone in the country, all drones will become illegal overnight. On Monday morning, anyone who hasn't turned in a drone on record will get an arrest warrant issued. Anyone caught in possession of a deadly drone will be arrested immediately. Not a theory, didn't something like this just happen? Love your country but that's a total failure and a non-starter (for some) here in America. Pardon me if we're paranoid about America ended up like Australia (and I mean that in a nice way).

It is obvious from some of the responses here that many are already resigned to being compliant serfs. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were out countrymen. You know the rest of it right?

The fact you are responding here and in this manner signifies you are a self righteous hypocrite.

" Ok Comrade". ... then the name calling begins. Call me names because I was making light of all this but tossing names at people expressing valid points just undermines your legitimacy.

I won't speak for you as an American. Please don't speak for me as the type of American you think everyone should be.

We all have a voice and the way we all use our individual voices will determine how we are respected or disrespected as members of the droning community.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -- Adam Savage.

Last edited:
" Ok Comrade". ... then the name calling begins. Call me names because I was making light of all this but tossing names at people expressing valid points just undermines your legitimacy.
sorry it wasn't meant to be name calling. was trying to be funny actually. i really find it strange and bewildering that people who are not part of government who are ok with doing nothing but letting the government have their way with them and not only can't see what is going on but believe you cannot either.

you can at least push back and to be honest, i understand there are people who will do nothing and sit back and let other fight the fight and take the risks and challenge the "norm" and then they later swoop in and savor the gains and the benefits. that's the american way. but to support and propagate and spread the message it's so perplexing to me, i sometimes get carried away when i see it in writing; sorry. " you're in the system, just go along with the program, you'll be fine as long as you cooperate"....that's absurd.

It's a brave new world.

I'm looking for a single fact in what you posted .. but there aren't any.

That's pretty much all he posts. Unsupported assertions, non sequiturs and slippery slope fallacies, with paranoid references to gun control fears when cornered.

That's pretty much all he posts. Unsupported assertions, non sequiturs and slippery slope fallacies, with paranoid references to gun control fears when cornered.
wow, who's name calling now? look, i've seen it before. i won the last war, lost a few battles, but won the war overall. i see it happening all over again except this time i don't have an amendment to support me; so it's tough, i get it. but we're going to have our lunch eaten with you guys on watch; you actually WANT this. lol

wow, who's name calling now? look, i've seen it before. i won the last war, lost a few battles, but won the war overall. i see it happening all over again except this time i don't have an amendment to support me; so it's tough, i get it. but we're going to have our lunch eaten with you guys on watch; you actually WANT this. lol
It's fine to live in a fantasy world if that's what you want.
But when you try using fantasy and falsehood to justify your ideas in public, you have to expect it to be pointed out.

Said the person who's from a country that had one mass shooting years ago and then the government confiscated every single civilian-owned firearm overnight.

As usual you don't know what you are talking about.

It was several mass shootings, actually, and the government didn't confiscate all the guns. There are plenty of guns left in Australia, but ownership requirements are stricter than they once were.

Great people down under but you have no spine if you let your government do something like that.
The vast majority of people in Australia support the current gun laws or want them even tougher.

Democracy is a wonderful thing.

Reactions: Meta4
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser