DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 The Life of Beans

Wow. That's definitely the most obstacle-free and nearly planar backyard drone flight space I can imagine. Keep the drone over the field, above the tallest bean plant, and below 400' and you're good. And the altitude shown on your screen is always pretty darn close to AGL altitude.

Illinois?

Thanks!

The terrain here in northern Illinois is definitely flat. We're fortunate to have that 100-acre farm field at the end or our property. I'm just glad I don't have to mow it!

The flights were waypoint 'Missions' created with Litchi. They were actually flown at 80' altitude, but I will reduce that even further if I do it again next year when the farmer plants corn.

Don

Thanks for all your time. Hours and hours I’m sure.

Thanks, Don for sharing. I lived in IL for a couple years (Granite City)

I have been working on this project since May. I always thought it would be interesting to document the monthly changes in the crops growing in the field behind my house.

Enjoy!

Don

Neat project idea Don. Thanks for sharing. It would be cool to mix in some ground shots of the plants at each stage too.

Neat project idea Don. Thanks for sharing. It would be cool to mix in some ground shots of the plants at each stage too.
Thank you! I actually thought about doing something like that too. Maybe if I do 'The Life of Corn' next year... I would also decrease the altitude to show the plants in more detail.

Don

Reactions: San_Marino

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas