DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Moverio Drone Soar App thread (renamed)

Ohh a whole month since last post. I wonder if we are ever getting a Mavic 2 update for the SoAR app........ If I'd held my breath and survived I would be in the Record Books.

Yeah, coming soon...also known as: "Don't hold your breath waiting!" LOL
That’s the main problem using Epson BT300 since last March. Support is way not enough and Epson apps development is too slow almost not exist. So don’t count on it.

It is strange how the Mavic 2 can be so different from the Mavic Pro that there is a need for a rewrite of the app software.

I bet there's a beta version circulating somewhere... sometimes these take longer than you'd hope. I know as an application engineer, I've told a customer what engineering told me only to eat my words... it will be worth the wait :) .

All,

I've been away for a while due to a broken hip and lack of time. I have been flying my Tello all around the house tormenting the dogs, kids and wife but its time to back into great outdoors.

I am still using DJI GO 4 with my BT-300's but thinking of trying SoAR. I fly a Spark and a Mavic Pro, both using an OTG cable. In the past I've had an overheating problem if it is too hot outside. Other than getting hot and a charger error shut down no real problems. I do not see too many people complaining over over heating or charger errors anymore so perhaps those issue has been addressed.

I have a couple of questions, How many of you are using Epson SoAR? If I want to use Soar I guess I will have to update the Moverios.

Are you happy with SoAR? What version of firmware is required for SoAR?

Thanks ~ Bill

Just got a notification ! Finally a new version of DroneSoar

Thank you for using MOVERIO Apps Market. 
We are pleased to announce the updated version of “Epson Drone Soar” is available at MOVERIO Apps Market.

We received immense response and feedbacks from our users, after the release of “Epson Drone Soar”.
To meet those requests, this app is updated to be compatible with more DJI Drones.

◆◆App Introduction ◆◆ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
Updated version of “Epson Drone Soar” can not only be enjoyed by the existing compatible drones,
but also support “Mavic Air”, “Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom” and” Inspire 2”.

Get the latest version
Epson Drone Soar - AR flight for DJI - Drone

Version:2.0
App Details: Epson Drone Soar - MOVERIO - Epson

< Existing Compatible Models>
・ Mavic Pro/ Pro Platinum
・ Spark
・ Phantom 4 Pro/ Advance

<Additional Models>
・ Mavic Air
・ Mavic 2 Pro/ Zoom
・ Inspire 2
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー 

Enjoy the extraordinary flight experience with the see-through smart glasses, MOVERIO!
Confirm the drone position and camera view at the same time to realize the safe and sound flight.
For those who hasn’t downloaded it yet, give it a try!
We promise you will have a unique flight experience!

Reactions: chuck1026
All downloaded and cannot wait to go. But screen shows up not connected even though Mavic Zoom has been selected. Do have to delete the DJI Go4 app first? Or is there a way to default to the Moverio Soar app?
No got it found it elsewhere on the forum

Last edited:
Can i decide time by time to use the new application BUT sometimes use the GO4 too ? I ask this to have at least an application that sure can work like is the GO4.

Prior to launching I have just gone through the various menu settings on the New Soar App for Mavic 2.
I noted that to get the full menu you need to be in Live view NOT Bird's eye view and that the screen has to be partly black overlay with the bottom right corner being the camera view . Pressing the C1 and C2 keys then gives you 8 icons . The setting icon then gives you the full menu. Except the compass reset which refers you to the DJI GO 4 app. Clicking the keys in the Birds eye view only gives you 6 icons. The settings button here gives you the camera settings. However in this menu I could not switch to Video settings nowhere is there a way to change from 4K to 1080 etc. Pressing the C1 key and moving my head does not move the Gimbal but just makes the camera point straight down. This may be the settings need to be changed of the C1 and C2 keys . Other users may have found them. Oops just read in the FAQ's how to change to video mode. RTFM!

Last edited:
Of course it looks like any other Mavic footage but it was the first with the Soar App. To change to Video from Photo you have to press the video button first and then you can change the formats, colour etc. TV standard says NTSC/PAL for us in the UK there seems no way to change it to PAL. All the speeds therefor are even numbers. This is not the problem it used to be now. Short clip uploaded is fine by me. All on auto 8ND filter set sunny.

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Im looking at the Moverio's, and speciafically the Soar App, or any app that can do what i want.

I know Augmented reality and Line-Of-Sight are what Moverio's pitch is kind of, but..
Ideally I want to be able to just switch between VR mode to AR mode via software.

The exaple im looking for is using VR mode with Litchi and cheap cardboard goggles.
As you know you can simply press button to swtich from VR immersive to the Mobiles Camera.

Can someone please answer this for me. Ideally with out a LOS/FAA lecture.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242