DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Moverio Drone Soar App thread (renamed)

Input: I have both Moverios and DJI Goggles. The rotation function on my DJI's leads me to suggest that rotation should offer a compass mode. That is, if I face west/270, the drone should turn to the west/270 and maintain the 270 heading. That behavior should be consistent around the compass. That would be terrific!

So excited! Just received the e-mail ...

Thank you for using MOVERIO Apps Market.

We’re pleased to announce the launch of two new Epson drone apps: “Epson Drone Soar” and “Epson AR Flight Simulator”.

Others such as the auto-pilot drone app, and the screen mirroring app are all available at Moverio Apps Market.

Try out more new releases to experience the visual pleasure that Moverio brings you!

◆◆New Apps◆◆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

1.Epson Drone Soar

There are two modes available: One is for confirming drone’s position and the other is for enjoying views from drone’s camera.

You can navigate and select icons simply by pressing the physical buttons on the drone remote controller.

Let’s start the new flight experience right now!

Movie: Epson Moverio: A Safer, More Productive Way to Fly

App Details: Epson Drone Soar - MOVERIO - Epson

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
and app is released together with Pix 4D app as well (well Pix4D was available yesterday I noticed but Epson Drone Soar was not... yet to check today)

Full Mail from Epson today

Thank you for using MOVERIO Apps Market.
We’re pleased to announce the launch of two new Epson drone apps: “Epson Drone Soar” and “Epson AR Flight Simulator”.

Others such as the auto-pilot drone app, and the screen mirroring app are all available at Moverio Apps Market.
Try out more new releases to experience the visual pleasure that Moverio brings you!

◆◆New Apps◆◆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
1.Epson Drone Soar
There are two modes available: One is for confirming drone’s position and the other is for enjoying views from drone’s camera.
You can navigate and select icons simply by pressing the physical buttons on the drone remote controller.
Let’s start the new flight experience right now!
Movie: Epson Moverio: A Safer, More Productive Way to Fly
App Details: Epson Drone Soar - MOVERIO - Epson

2.Epson AR Flight Simulator
This app allows you to fly a 3D digital drone in the real world using remote controller of the DJI’s compatible drones.
You can enjoy flying virtual Drone with Moverio even in your house.
Movie: Epson Moverio - Augmented Reality Flight Simulator for DJI Drones
App Details: Epson AR Flight Simulator - MOVERIO - Epson

3. Pix4DCapture
Plan your mission route on the simple operational interface. What you have to do is tap the “Start” button.
The drone will automatically complete the mission and take plenty of aerial photos during the flight.
Movie: Pix4Dcapture - Easily plan and execute your drone flight for mapping and 3D modeling
App Details: Pix4Dcapture - Drone

4. Air Droid
With WiFi connection, you can mirror your Moverio screen to PC and operate it.
Sending messages and files wirelessly from your computer is super convenient.
Download it to find out more!
Movie: AirDroid PC New Feature - File management
App Details: AirDroid - Tools

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Great if you are a Mavic Pro, Spark, or Phantom; but nothing to select for the Mavic Air :(

Is it because the Air do not have the C1/C2 buttons as the Pro/Spark/Phantom do? I don't know if there will be a workaround.

I've been looking around the app and you can override the C1/C2 button for navigation and just use the touchpad on the moverio instead.....now to charge up the air and see how it all works.....

Sorry I was not clear. The DJI app starts automatically. When I exit the DJI app and start the Epson Drone Soar it says "Disconnected" This happens on the P4Pv2 as well as the Mavic. When you start the Drone Soar it asks you which DJI drone you are flying and there is an option for the P4P but not the P4P v2, which is why i tried the Mavic.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Sorry I was not clear. The DJI app starts automatically. When I exit the DJI app and start the Epson Drone Soar it says "Disconnected" This happens on the P4Pv2 as well as the Mavic. When you start the Drone Soar it asks you which DJI drone you are flying and there is an option for the P4P but not the P4P v2, which is why i tried the Mavic.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Select "DJIGO4" from "Settings" application. "Apps" and tap "CLEAR DEFAULT" in "Activate by default". Please refer to the video instruction on how to change the default app(s).

Thanks kaz911 I did that then rebooted, chose Soar and still says not connected on the P4P v2. However works on the Mavic Pro.
On boot up the Soar does not give you the choice of the P4P v2 only the P4P so I am assuming the Soar app is not yet ready for the V2.0.

I can not see why you would use the Soar app. It is very basic, on start up it gives you little information such as how many satellites you are connected to.
Epson are clearly working with DJI on the Sour app. When you start it up it lists Epson and DJI. Why use an app that tells you a lot less than an existing one?

I can not see why you would use the Soar app.

From my perspective, because performance and user experience should be optimized for the Moverios, it should be lighter weight with less bloat than DJI GO needing less system resources and it should run within Moverio parameters and not overheat massively like DJI GO. It should be reliable as it has been extensively tested with our specific hardware configuration, not just any generic android device.

Fingers crossed (gulp)!

Reactions: ksmusa
You can override the C1/C2 button functions so why wouldn't Epson list the Air as compatible with a caveat?

silly

Well to be honest it looks like Lā shǐ to me. But if it does not overheat the controller when I get back to Phuket in November/December where the temp and humidity will make you leak a few kilos, then I will pay Epson for it.

Loaded fine for me (using MP) and so far I like what I see.

Initial first impressions:-

Nice uncrowded interface. Visibility mode makes the basic telemetry really clear, without getting in the way of the live camera view - I struggle sometimes to read the tiny DJI GO data with the Moverios, especially when my eyes have to quickly change focus between drone and HUD data. You can see the vitals in peripheral vision without having to focus directly on them so is less of a distraction to monitor when concentrating on maintaining VLOS.

Offline map w/o wifi worked like a charm. Basic no hybrid or sat views but provides sufficient info for orientation in flight.

C1 and C2 are used in combo to navigate the menus, I was sceptical about this but it works great in practice, much better than the touch pad when airborne. You can still assign C1/2 to your own custom commands, like centre focus and toggle maps.

Flew a short test flight 10 minutes with no issues, very stable. Image from the downlink was perfect. I set up using DJI GO on ipad first to establish a baseline for any master settings that may not be managed by SoAR, then switched to SoAR on the Moverios and checked my defaults there too. iPAD is on hot standby in case I needed to switch back to DJI GO quickly with a quick cable swap.

As John helpfully pointed out, there is no satellite data that I can see anywhere. Only indication is GPS lock status. I was able to verify 17 when setting up with GO first, so I felt comfortable with that, but I agree it should be part of the interface.

While there are no fancy flight modes, SoAR is focused on manual FPV flying and filming, so removing the autonomous modes is no biggie for me. If I want them I still have them in DJI GO on the iPAD. In short I would say SoAR is not an alternative to GO, but will be a complementary addition for me.

I have encountered lots of problems with GO in various versions on Android and it has never felt very reliable with disconnects, pixelated video, etc. I was always wondering is it the software or is it my device ... now I have software developed specifically for my device, which I hope will improve my confidence in it, if it remains stable. I can see SoAR being my primary cockpit interface for VLOS-FPV if that happens.

Rain and high winds all weekend so can't test anymore. Can't complain we really need the rain. When it improves I will fly a few batteries and see if there is any sign of overheat (and sudden shut down) which to date has been my main problem with the BT300s and GO. I really want to love my Moverios again ...

David.

Last edited:
I just ordered the BT-300 a couple of weeks ago to use with my Mavic Pro.. The glasses came in and now I need to order the prescription inserts because if I wear my glasses inside of the BT-300 the view is off to one side so I cannot see the whole screen.

I also started reading this thread and with all of the delays, and problems, I am wondering if I need to return the BT-300 glasses. -- Do we have a time frame when the program is going to be ready and dependable. I don't want to pay and order prescription inserts if it is going to be waste of time/money because I can't use them. I purchased these because they were rumored to be good, and an alternative to using hoods or buying a CrystalSky that overheats and blacks out.

Hopefully some of the pros on this group can give me some good information and/or advice as to the glasses effectiveness, reliability, and/or other information I should be aware of. These are too expensive to just sit on the shelf.

Thank You in Advance!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_