DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Moverio Drone Soar App thread (renamed)

The app was released just the other day. It seams to work well. I will be testing it today. But others have reported it's all good. No delay, no overheat, & simpler to use.
I ordered the prescription inserts from HOMEPAGE » Rochester Optical they work great.
I went to my eye doctor and had them give me all of the measurements needed for the inserts.

The app was released just the other day. It seams to work well. I will be testing it today. But others have reported it's all good. No delay, no overheat, & simpler to use.
I ordered the prescription inserts from HOMEPAGE » Rochester Optical they work great.
I went to my eye doctor and had them give me all of the measurements needed for the inserts.

Thank You JTUS, Were there any special measurements or other info you needed other than the prescription when you ordered from Rochester?

Here is what you need. It is spelled out on the order form from Rochester.

Please note we need your monocular pupillary distance (PD) included on your prescription to complete your order. The PD is the distance between pupils in millimeters broken down into right and left measurements (e.g. 33/34), and we use it to properly align the lenses for the best visual acuity. If your doctor has ever made glasses for you, they should have it on file; and it’s a quick measurement to have taken at a local optical shop if not.

Reactions: chuck1026
Here is what you need. It is spelled out on the order form from Rochester.

Please note we need your monocular pupillary distance (PD) included on your prescription to complete your order. The PD is the distance between pupils in millimeters broken down into right and left measurements (e.g. 33/34), and we use it to properly align the lenses for the best visual acuity. If your doctor has ever made glasses for you, they should have it on file; and it’s a quick measurement to have taken at a local optical shop if not.

Thank You again! I will be setting an appointment to get an eye exam first as my last one was over two years ago.

I just ordered the BT-300 a couple of weeks ago to use with my Mavic Pro.. The glasses came in and now I need to order the prescription inserts because if I wear my glasses inside of the BT-300 the view is off to one side so I cannot see the whole screen.

I also started reading this thread and with all of the delays, and problems, I am wondering if I need to return the BT-300 glasses. -- Do we have a time frame when the program is going to be ready and dependable. I don't want to pay and order prescription inserts if it is going to be waste of time/money because I can't use them. I purchased these because they were rumored to be good, and an alternative to using hoods or buying a CrystalSky that overheats and blacks out.

Hopefully some of the pros on this group can give me some good information and/or advice as to the glasses effectiveness, reliability, and/or other information I should be aware of. These are too expensive to just sit on the shelf.

Thank You in Advance!

I like my BT-300's - and I like the new flight app - so for me there is no question - i'm keeping mine until next gen. It is not perfect but a lot better than a phone or tablet IMHO.

The BT-350's are more "commercial" directed as the BT-300's. They are also a lot more expensive (currently)

I do wish that we could get the HDMI/USB-C box for the BT-300's (Like the BT-35)

The cheapest way to "try" the BT-300 without special made glass - is if it is possible - go and do a Contact lens trial. :)

As you do not need the reading distance to be perfect - so if contacts are not 100% perfect - the will give you a good indication about how it will look with insert. So as long as your medium (2m+) and onward is good - it should work fine. I just tried with contacts in yesterday and it was great. So great I'm now contemplating having disposable contacts for going flying. :) I have the insert but the contacts felt better.

On the Dronesoar, process, I can't get beyond air map. I enter United States1 and then my phone number it sends me a verificaition code

I've tried sending the verify code back to them in message but they never verify. Am I doing something wrong.

I like my BT-300's - and I like the new flight app - so for me there is no question - i'm keeping mine until next gen. It is not perfect but a lot better than a phone or tablet IMHO.

The BT-350's are more "commercial" directed as the BT-300's. They are also a lot more expensive (currently)

I do wish that we could get the HDMI/USB-C box for the BT-300's (Like the BT-35)

The cheapest way to "try" the BT-300 without special made glass - is if it is possible - go and do a Contact lens trial. :)

As you do not need the reading distance to be perfect - so if contacts are not 100% perfect - the will give you a good indication about how it will look with insert. So as long as your medium (2m+) and onward is good - it should work fine. I just tried with contacts in yesterday and it was great. So great I'm now contemplating having disposable contacts for going flying. :) I have the insert but the contacts felt better.

Thanks for your input Kaz91.

On the Dronesoar, process, I can't get beyond air map. I enter United States1 and then my phone number it sends me a verificaition code

I've tried sending the verify code back to them in message but they never verify. Am I doing something wrong.

Nothing I've tried works. What happens if I use the credit card authorization? Am I supposed to be signed up for something?

The issue of not seeing half the screen or blurring it on either or both sides is well known you have to seriously move the glasses from side to side and some cases extremely and then fix them it takes a lot of time for you to get it right sometimes

If you get the correct inserts from Rochester optical it corrects the blurring on either side and you don't have to mess with the glasses to get them to work.
This new app works well. I'm not sure what you are complaining about JG.

Reactions: ksmusa
I wasn't complaining about the visibility jtus. I have to adjust the glasses all the time with the Rochester glasses but it doesn't bother me. The only thing that really bothers me is the overheating and black out of the controller. I would not buy the inserts, I am hoping for a newer version of the BTs, not the 350 but a newer one to the 300. I am not prepared to buy expensive inserts. I am assuming inserts are not cheap.
I did complain about the new app cos it looks like a very cut down version of the Go app. But as was pointed out if it stops the overheating I don't give a monkeys body part how the new app looks. I want the glasses to work 99% of the time. When I an not in hot, humid climes the glasses are amazing. I refuse to go back to using slate tablets to write on. When I have to use a phone or tablet or a huge box on my head, I am very frustrated and just can't fly with confidence.

John here is my answer to the over heating problem. I have been out when it was 90 degrees and had no problem with overheating. I did test my solution by removing the cover and the control overheated very quickly. Putting the cover back on with the fan running cooled the control down and it started working
correctly. I made this holder and cover with a 3d printer. I will be glad to share my printer files with you if you would like.

IMG_1420.JPGIMG_1950.JPGIMG_7786.JPGIMG_9238.JPG

Seeing reports of latest DJI GO causing ipad mini 4 processor overheating too, which never happened in previous versions. That software seems to be too demanding on older hardware. The primary reason I purchased the Moverios was for certified compatibility by the manufacture. I never had the impression that Epson could keep up with validating GO releases given their frequency, and unpublished changes. By having complete control of the environment I am expecting great things from Epson as this software develops and matures, if it can keep its cool.

John - my greatest problem is overheating too, but of course not much can be done to mitigate the extreme ambient operating environment in your use case. How about transporting it in a cool bag and resting it in the bag between flights?

Jtus - I like your design. I tried an external fan mounted to the control described in another thread but found that it had a very limited effect and was too bulky. In the end I gave up and returned the unit for service. I have just received it back, but have not been able to verify if that will make any difference. I really think its a DJI GO software related problem now, but will ask for your design files if all else fails and problem still exists with SoAR.

I have tried loads of devices with GO and all have had issues. When I experienced the Moverios I was converted immediately by the experience, they are just too good when working well. I am really reluctant to fly with just a phone or tablet now (I have been spoiled) and looking down at a screen is no fun anymore. I have DJI Goggles which are great, but as I fly mostly alone, they are reserved for 'passenger rides' now for the wow factor, not for FPV. I could not bring myself to fly while they were being serviced so have had a few weeks out. I can't wait to get in the pilots seat again now.

Remember this is V1.0 so expect patches and additional features in the future as it gets use in the real world outside of beta. We should start a wish list for future versions and known issues / bug reports to keep ourselves informed and provide Epson with feedback. They have said support for other models (MA) will be dependent on how well this version is received, let's help them make this the success it was intended to be, the killer app for LOS FPV. Perhaps this should be in a new thread now that this has software gone live?

Fly safe, fly safely!

John here is my answer to the over heating problem. I have been out when it was 90 degrees and had no problem with overheating. I did test my solution by removing the cover and the control overheated very quickly. Putting the cover back on with the fan running cooled the control down and it started working
correctly. I made this holder and cover with a 3d printer. I will be glad to share my printer files with you if you would like.

View attachment 42825View attachment 42826View attachment 42827View attachment 42828
Hey, if keeping the controller cool requires this box, any way to add a micro Bluetooth speaker to the cooler housing? They're all over Amazon. That would allow us to hear the warning messages and tones. I was thinking of buying one but needed a place to mount. This could be it!

jtus I have seen a few solutions to this overheating problem, but yours is the best hands down. My first impression was to suggest you should sell it. If the Soar app solves the problem it will take a few months at least to iron out all the teething issues.
I would buy it without hesitation.

Davo_101 I posted the exact solution you proposed a few months ago.
"John - my greatest problem is overheating too, but of course not much can be done to mitigate the extreme ambient operating environment in your use case. How about transporting it in a cool bag and resting it in the bag between flights?"

Unfortunately it did not work. The controller in a confined space in the cooler pack heated the whole thing up.
So we have jtus's magic box, if he is prepared to go through the hassle of selling it, or getting the Soar app to work. For me I would like jtus's magic box ASAP while I try to get the app to work every time.

I can use the previous moviero app but can't use this one. I suspect it is because of the map requirement of the registration. I'm using a flip phone to try to confirm SMS but it never accepts it. But I don't know if that's the reason, but it's the only one I can come up with.

Why am I forced to use the map?

I can use the previous moviero app but can't use this one. I suspect it is because of the map requirement of the registration. I'm using a flip phone to try to confirm SMS but it never accepts it. But I don't know if that's the reason, but it's the only one I can come up with.

Why am I forced to use the map?

I had an issue with the initial registration for maps as well. The selection of country jumped back to Afghanistan after pushing in my number. That could have been user error. So check your number AND country before you click the register button :)

I had an issue with the initial registration for maps as well. The selection of country jumped back to Afghanistan after pushing in my number. That could have been user error. So check your number AND country before you click the register button :)

Hi thanks. I wish that was it, but I've tried it about 8 times already. I'm going uninstall it, and start over. There's been no option to get out of that screen once you reach it.

Hopefully a moverio rep will be around tomorrow, as I'm not real hopeful this will solve anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31