DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The "Must upgrade DJI Go 4.1.3 App" thread (locked drones)

As for myself, here's the current status:
- Firmware: 700
- App: 4.1.0
- Device: iPhone 6S
- Internet: on
No mandatory upgrade; just the NFZ upgrade suggestion, which I could ignore as before. Let's see for how long.

I've got the same setup, and the main reason I'm not interested in this new update is not the mandatory upgrade (as seen in .800 firmware), but rather the forced login before flying.
How does this 900 update affect my ability to fly with no internet connection at all?

Updated here, no issues whatsoever, well, except one, on Android, i got the prompt that i must update to 4.1.3, so clicked OK, that took me to the google play page for DJI go with the options for uninstall or launch, no update option. So i clicked launch,it opened to the mandatory update message again, etc, etc, in the end, i just uninstalled DJI go and reinstalled it, everything was fine after that. Had a flight to test it, all was good :)

Paranoïa at its finest, I must say.
To actually help you, the following thread is extremely popular, follow the steps and instructions and you can forever be free of the shackles of DJi and their 'evil' corporate agenda.

I created a VM so we can all forever downgrade to 400

Have a nice day, and enjoy your Mavic.

-Mike

What that have to do with an app update?? Even if you are already in 400 but using anything above 4.0.0 app you are probably going to get this forced update request (if you don't block internet)

And for those who say it can't do harm.. well that was what some also said about 800fw+, sorry but fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.... they can easily put some code injector in there and wait for it to be massively installed and then activate a flag and patch all already found weaknesses

if you get the "forced " message to Update...
just close dji..
go to apps..
open dji...
clean Storage...
set your phone to flightmode...
start dji..
everything is fine...

if you need a map?
start dji in flightmode...
enter device/go fly
than switch off flightmode...
map will show and have fun...

you have to be in flightmode just if you start go4...

I am on 4.1.3 and I think the reason for this forced update is, that the FCC/EU switch hack is not working anymore more.

I think that only work on 4.0.6, I've read that somewhere (probably not MavicPilots)

just close dji..
go to apps..
open dji...
clean Storage...
start dji..
everything is fine...

if you need a map?
enter device/go fly

For some that works but who knows... maybe that is the "bug fixes" all about

Edit:

In my case I had to delete the app and reinstall it (the old 4.0.7) from iTunes, it kept telling me to update even with no internet

just close dji..
go to apps..
open dji...
clean Storage...
start dji..
everything is fine...

if you need a map?
enter device/go fly

Thanks for advice! I am on Android and believe I would have to clear all data including login information and files. Clearing the cache alone doesn't do it. Is this what you mean?

I'm on 4.1.3, iOS.

Just tried to fly mavic today with Speed+, no NFZ and no height limit, everything works just fine.

It told me to "update NFZ database immediately" but I just skipped that.

For those who don't want to turn off iOS autoupdate and keep current app version forever: you can set up a new iTunes account and download DJI Go with it. After you switch back to your regular account, the app from new account will not update automatically.

If you need to install old version of your DJI Go, just look for downloaded IPA in your Mac iTunes folder. I've checked it and realized I still have 4.0.8 there. You can also check your Time Machine, probably you still have old versions there.

Reactions: Davel and ddean0419
Thanks for advice! I am on Android and believe I would have to clear all data including login information and files. Clearing the cache alone doesn't do it. Is this what you mean?
just close dji..
go to apps..
open dji...
clean Storage...
start dji..
everything is fine...

if you need a map?
enter device/go fly

in storage, android 6.0 s7 edge
there is: clear data/clear cache, which one of those? or both? thanks!

Upcoming jailbreak will fix everything we want and finally Mavic will be as advertised?

Updated here, no issues whatsoever, well, except one, on Android, i got the prompt that i must update to 4.1.3, so clicked OK, that took me to the google play page for DJI go with the options for uninstall or launch, no update option. So i clicked launch,it opened to the mandatory update message again, etc, etc, in the end, i just uninstalled DJI go and reinstalled it, everything was fine after that. Had a flight to test it, all was good :)
G'day Wes
I did exactly the same thing. All good here and finally got the courage to do some 2.5 kilometre away runs.. Love this machine! Thumbswayup

I had also this mandatory update (I am still with .400 firmware and 4.0.6 DJI-Go).

I use a rooted Galaxy Tab S with Android 5.1 Lollipop and I found that if you type this in a hosts editor :

1) TENCENT-NET-AP (bold) with the IP 127.0.0.1
2) upgrade.bgcentre.com with the same IP;

...this mandatory windows does not appear anymore, even when connected to Internet.

First of all, force close DJI-Go and clear data (you don't have to reinstall the app).

Reactions: ABRsanta
Thanks a lot;nevertheless this solves it only for half of the community (iOS is still bugged by the forced update) ;)
I’ve seen no evidence of a forced update for iOS only android. iOS turn off auto updates and good. I have a rollback video if people updated via auto but I haven’t seen a case on iOS of a forced update, can you help me with that info?

Reactions: jcp411
I’ve seen no evidence of a forced update for iOS only android. iOS turn off auto updates and good. I have a rollback video if people updated via auto but I haven’t seen a case on iOS of a forced update, can you help me with that info?
Oh; luckily I don't, at least yet; I was just assuming some people would have. But it is good to know that this has not yet been forced towards iOS; thanks a lot for all your help, and I mean really ALL ;)

Reactions: digdat0
29926c3197f1a3df7453896e825841ce.jpg

I don't see anywhere this is being forced? It's still optional as far as I see.

Reactions: digdat0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom