DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The new M3P carry case question

Filmarik

Reactions
I wonder if the new M3P carry case supplied with the fly more combo can be converted into backpack, same as the old carry case for M3. I very much like that feature as I find carrying the M3 across the shoulder on the strap to be quite uncomfortable. In backpack configuration I can go with it for miles without feeling it.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I wonder if the new M3P carry case supplied with the fly more combo can be converted into backpack, same as the old carry case for M3. I very much like that feature as I find carrying the M3 across the shoulder on the strap to be quite uncomfortable. In backpack configuration I can go with it for miles without feeling it.
I like the backpack case that came with my Classic flymore kit, same one as you have. When it's full with 4 batteries (1 in the aircraft) and charger and other stuff it weighs a fair amount.
I've never used it as a backpack yet and the straps have never been taken out their storage pocket.
Oddly, I use it to transport my mini 3 and it's perfect for that.
I bought a hard case for my Classic as I likely won't be needing to carry it too far. For hikes and fun I'll bring the mini in the backpack.

No, they removed that capability to reduce the bulk of the new case.

No, they removed that capability to reduce the bulk of the new case.
That is a bit of a bummer TBH. On my recent trip I needed to carry the M3 for a while and I started with the shoulder strap. After only a short distance, no more than 100 meters it started to feel very uncomfortable and heavy. I unzipped the compartment hiding the backpack straps pulled them out and never looked back. It was so comfortable to carry the case on my back. I could have easily gone for miles if I needed or wanted to.
Aaah well, I suppose it is not a dealbreaker for the M3P but it is a pitty that they removed that capability from the new case.

That is a bit of a bummer TBH. On my recent trip I needed to carry the M3 for a while and I started with the shoulder strap. After only a short distance, no more than 100 meters it started to feel very uncomfortable and heavy. I unzipped the compartment hiding the backpack straps pulled them out and never looked back. It was so comfortable to carry the case on my back. I could have easily gone for miles if I needed or wanted to.
Aaah well, I suppose it is not a dealbreaker for the M3P but it is a pitty that they removed that capability from the new case.
Just use your M3 backpack for the M3P when you need that capability. It should still fit either drone. Alternatively, pick up another one on eBay. I bought a brand new one for $79, split off from a combo pack by the seller parting out unneeded components individually.

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
Just use your M3 backpack for the M3P when you need that capability. It should still fit either drone. Alternatively, pick up another one on eBay. I bought a brand new one for $79, split off from a combo pack by the seller parting out unneeded components individually.
Yeah, there are ways to deal with it. I am not sure if the M3P with the new longer front gimbal cover will fit under the zippered top flap of the original M3 case though but even if it does not it would still be workable, I suppose.
More than anything I posted the question because I was not able to find answer to it in any of the vidoes on M3P I watched on YT. So thanks for clearing it up.

Yeah, there are ways to deal with it. I am not sure if the M3P with the new longer front gimbal cover will fit under the zippered top flap of the original M3 case though but even if it does not it would still be workable, I suppose.
More than anything I posted the question because I was not able to find answer to it in any of the vidoes on M3P I watched on YT. So thanks for clearing it up.
Yes, that change was demonstrated in one of the first review videos I watched. I forget which one, now. They are all a blur! The original backpack bag is a little too bulky for my taste, solely because of the backpack capability in the front flap. It makes the bag a lot thicker than it needs to be for the contents, unless backpacking.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne