DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Reaper is skinned, skidded and strobed. Show us your skin. ;)

Kingram: Man oh man that looks spectacular! Good job too. I presume that was a kit? If so it’s one I haven’t seen but it sure is pretty and I do love the patriotism. Good on you bro.

KB

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
The 3m material does make it MUCH easier and forgiving.

After a fair amount of experience with Oracal vinyl, I have to strongly agree with that statement, Elton. Wrap type film is 10 times easier to apply especially around curves, essentially because it’s thinner. I think I’m going to buy a couple small rolls of different colors of the 3M wrap to use for accent pieces. Using my vinyl that I mentioned above has a much stronger adhesive and is very difficult to remove should you need to do so. I don’t think that will be the case with the wrap. The only two remaining questions are 1) whether my cutter will cut that thin wrap, I think it will and 2) If the wrap will stick on top of other wrap without rubbing off. We shall see.

KB

Well, I finally broke down and put a skin on mine.

Looks good, MCSE!

Like Elton, I also went with WrapGrade and I was very happy with the product. My choice was neon orange and boy can you see her better in the sky. Plus, it was kind of fun.

Here are some photos of mine

KB

I really like the WrapGrade stuff, but the nerd in me just couldn't resist the pull of the droid! I've got a set of Strobon Crees that should arrive soon too. We finally got a break in the monsoon here in TX today, so I got to take her out this afternoon and use my Moverio BT-300s, and boy...I'm wondering why I didn't buy a pair sooner!

MCSE: Small world I’m in Corpus.

So you really like those Epson glasses huh? I thought they were very cool when they first came out but I was blown away by the price. How would you compare them to a set of DJI goggles?

Way back when...I used to live right up the road in Fulton, TX :)

I’m not sure I can compare them to the goggles. I’d imagine that the goggles are still more an immersive experience, but the win for me is that you get to maintain VLOS with the glasses. I guess for me the best thing is that they reduce that huge back and forth of going between looking at the drone and whatever screen you’ve got attached to the controller. Of course it was overcast today, but the screen in the glasses was big and bright anyway. I can’t imagine that it would be terrible with the Rochester Optical lenses regardless. I bought these on Fleabay with the magic controller adapter for a great price, but no matter how you shake it...they’re pricey.

Way back when...I used to live right up the road in Fulton, TX :)

I’m not sure I can compare them to the goggles. I’d imagine that the goggles are still more an immersive experience, but the win for me is that you get to maintain VLOS with the glasses. I guess for me the best thing is that they reduce that huge back and forth of going between looking at the drone and whatever screen you’ve got attached to the controller. Of course it was overcast today, but the screen in the glasses was big and bright anyway. I can’t imagine that it would be terrible with the Rochester Optical lenses regardless. I bought these on Fleabay with the magic controller adapter for a great price, but no matter how you shake it...they’re pricey.
I really like those glasses! Had I not pulled the trigger on my wife's RE goggles and my 10 tablet, I would have bought those.

I hope you continue to love them and maybe I'll take another look at them next year because they would not take nearly as much space in my travel case.

How are you connecting them?

Can you connect two pairs?

I really like those glasses! Had I not pulled the trigger on my wife's RE goggles and my 10 tablet, I would have bought those.

I hope you continue to love them and maybe I'll take another look at them next year because they would not take nearly as much space in my travel case.

How are you connecting them?

Can you connect two pairs?

Well, the little android module connects to the controller via the bottom USB port. The seller that I bought them from on Fleabay was kind enough to send a very high quality short USB to Micro USB right angle cable and the Mavic Controller adapter with the glasses. I'm not certain if you could hook up two pairs to the same controller, but I don't see why you couldn't probably use Miracast and cast them to another device like a pair of glasses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78