DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Think this is safe? Wired my strobe to the circuit board

Jemme

Reactions
I pieced together a mavic pro and when I went to see if it would actually fly the other night I realized my strobe stopped working. Narrowed it down to the battery pack, pulled that off and wired in the strobe to the circuit board in place of one of the front lcd's. I'm not an electrician but to my surprise it actually works. Just wondering if it's safe ?

Attachments

• 971F1C88-512F-4E12-99BA-1BC597D871E1.jpeg
    971F1C88-512F-4E12-99BA-1BC597D871E1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Are the front LED's? simple on or off devices or do they have a signal function?
One other concern, the USB port in the strobe, what happens if someone puts a charger to that? If no one says that what you have done is "not a good idea" I would be inclined to block off that USB socket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the front LED's? simple on or off devices or do they have a signal function?
One other concern, the USB port in the strobe, what happens if someone puts a charger to that? If no one says that what you have done is "not a good idea" I would be inclined to block off that USB socket.
Thanks for the reply. They are LED's, when I power up the drone the right side comes on normally and that left side which is where I removed the led and soldered in the strobe you have to turn the strobe on or off with the button on the strobe. I can power the LED and strobe off in the flight app.

Any modifications like this could void any warranties. Also, if you didn't hook the strobe up correctly you may alter other values to other components. To say the least, this could be a risky move. It is safer to just recharge the strobe. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78