DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about a skin (wrap)

A.O.

Reactions
So I'm thinking about a wrap for my MA2, orange would be my first choice , its my favorite color, and I'm thinking much easier to see than the "sky gray" it comes stock in.
I see lots of you have skins, so who's to buy and why please..

So I'm thinking about a wrap for my MA2, orange would be my first choice , its my favorite color, and I'm thinking much easier to see than the "sky gray" it comes stock in.

We do make an orange and you might want to consider Form and Function and consider the Air 2 Wet Suit.

It will provide you with Battery Protections including the Power Button and quick orientation in the sky of your drone, with zero Reflection issues and a nice secure squeeze on your drone to hand catch/ launch with. Safety.

Forum Members get all 4
colors in there package and 3 Battery Covers and 3 Power Button covers , its a great deal. Air 2 Twilight Package

Only takes about 5 minutes to install compared to the Hours it takes to apply a skin..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.
Email me at [email protected]
Screenshot 11-30-2020 12.14.24.jpg20201029_133654.jpg

Last edited:
@A.O. any skin you use will improve the look of the drone and personalise it as yours its very good when you are flying with others as it allows you to tell your drone from other ones
the shiny skins are good as on a sunny day you do get a glint as the drone rotates in the sun as you yaw
as far as seeing the drone in the sky is concerned then once you are out a reasonable distance say 500ft plus then it will not make a lot of difference
the colour of the skin comes into its own when you are flying below the skyline with a dark background then the bright colour helps with VLOS and also if you have to make an emergency landing it helps show up the drone against the background
for me the biggest advantage of a skin is it helps to protect the drones outer surface from insect dross and minor marks and after having changed skins on both my drones when i have removed the skin the drone looks brand new ,i think the only real downside to a skin,is it can hide the beginnings of stress cracks that can happen over time so i would recommend a skin change annually or if the drone has suffered any sort of impact and also remove the skin if you are sending the drone in to DJI for any reason there are many vendors on the market that supply skins of varying quality and thickness ,and also cost so it is really a personal thing when deciding whom to purchase from and remember if you order from abroad to factor in the cost of delivery and also the possible import costs that may be incurred at customs

Hi A.O
i haven't used them yet personally ( will soon ) but apparently
decalgirl.com are very good. They do gloss/ matt and fluorescent
orange. You get the drone and 3 batteries for the price and their
material doesn't leave residue when removed. ??

I just used yellow reflective tape from a car accessory shop.
I was pleasantly surprised how well it shows up against the sky.
@THE CYBORG you have to watch what sort of tape you use be careful its not got a thin foil under the colour to help make it reflect, i recently put a strip of 1inch wide yellow metallic reflective strip down the length of my MM on the top surface ,when i went to fly it struggled to get a GPS lock ,in a place where i had not had issues before,after some head scratching i thought the only thing that was different was the strip of tape ,so i removed it and got a sat lock in no time ,after getting back home i discovered that under the colour layer was a foil layer then the backing paper and finally the glue the strips on the arms had no effect just the piece on the top where the GPS receiver is located

Hi A.O
And 30% off today

Last edited:
We do make an orange and you might want to consider Form and Function and consider the Air 2 Wet Suit.

It will provide you with Battery Protections including the Power Button and quick orientation in the sky of your drone, with zero Reflection issues and a nice secure squeeze on your drone to hand catch/ launch with. Safety.

Forum Members get all 4
colors in there package and 3 Battery Covers and 3 Power Button covers , its a great deal. Air 2 Twilight Package

Only takes about 5 minutes to install compared to the Hours it takes to apply a skin..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.
Email me at [email protected]
View attachment 118138View attachment 118139
I went to your site, and while those wet suits look nice and probably work well, its a bit overkill for an old rookie just trying to dress his new drone up a bit and make it easier to see.

@THE CYBORG you have to watch what sort of tape you use be careful its not got a thin foil under the colour to help make it reflect, i recently put a strip of 1inch wide yellow metallic reflective strip down the length of my MM on the top surface ,when i went to fly it struggled to get a GPS lock ,in a place where i had not had issues before,after some head scratching i thought the only thing that was different was the strip of tape ,so i removed it and got a sat lock in no time ,after getting back home i discovered that under the colour layer was a foil layer then the backing paper and finally the glue the strips on the arms had no effect just the piece on the top where the GPS receiver is located
The tape is plastic, I did peel the sticky backing off some to make sure it was only plastic although it took some doing.
I had heard people had problems with metallic tape so thought it best to make sure before putting it on the MP2

The tape is plastic, I did peel the sticky backing off some to make sure it was only plastic although it took some doing.
I had heard people had problems with metallic tape so thought it best to make sure before putting it on the MP2
thats great i was just pointing the issue out, to prevent others from making the same mistake as i made ,thanks for your reply

So I ordered one from the Decal Girl In BFO, had a 30% discount and got for $21.14 delivered.. we'll see how it is.. 21 bucks isn't to bad a gamble, and most reviews are good.
If you have the hands of a surgeon your going to be fine, but if you have the hands of a butterfly on a leaf like I do well ?

Last edited:
I wrapped both of mine, much easier to see in the air and they look great. Decal girl for sure

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 58
Hi A.O
I have used DecalGirl and I have a great skin on my Mavic. Perfect fit, only took 15 minutes to install and very good quality. Great selection too. Skins do protect your drone.

Thanks to decal girl skinned my mini2...i chose this skin besides being cool it helps me see the drone in the air
So is that an angry flying frog?? I like it. How hard were those skins to apply? how long did it take? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803